Planetside 2 beta keys

Man, I remember when PC Gamer was 300+ pages and only $4. I haven't bought a magazine in years, most are just fluff anyways. PC Gamer went to shit in the early 2000's. The only one I occasionally buy is Vanity Fair or Scientific American. At least I can have something to read with those that isn't all fluff.
 
I cannot believe they charge $9 for an issue of this magazine these days. Insanity.

The amount of markup for printed mags are insane.

You can (legally) buy pc gamer digitally for 2.99 an issue via Coverleaf and other places.

However the digital version (surprise) doesn't come with beta keys or any such thing.


Then they wonder why people don't buy them as much anymore..9 bucks can buy you a GOOD long book.
 
Well, I suppose I can put $10 out for a beta key guarantee - I just hope there won't be any "oops, this is a back issue reprint so no beta key" crap. As an early original PS subscriber and a SOE account from the EverQuest days, I hope that I'll be guaranteed earliest beta access anyhow but I don't mind; I'd like to be providing my opinions and feedback as early in the PS2 development as possible. With as much as I enjoyed PS1, I do NOT want to see them screw this one up through 1) SOE Stupidness regarding pricing, DLC, and the like or 2) SOE stupidness regarding an inability to keep a content stream flowing and the proverbial waters high (ie. like PS1, dying on the vine because of lack of updates and general attention).
 
Back
Top