Planetary Annihilation new RTS like total annihilation and supreme commander

Was kind of hoping for a single player campaign but unfortunately there won't be any I guess

I myself am more interested in what the game actually looks like, considering all the footage is just pre-rendered gaming concepts

yeah, i doubt it will be ground breaking thats for sure... gameplay will compensate

Yeah developement labour is extremely expensive. If this project takes just 1 year x 12 people...

To venture a guess... I think they definately had started preliminary developement on the game. And they had to decide to possibly take a project loan, and somebody pushed kickstarter, which is a great idea for marketing if you are not sure of the public reception for your game.

I believe in an interview (teabiscuit I think) they said the final game will look pretty similar (so far) to the renderings with bright colours to easily see which units are yours & which aren't cause these should be pretty massive in scale.

i guess i never thought about that, thats another benefit of kickstarter.. you can kind of gauge how many people are interested in a game like this

Was kind of hoping for a single player campaign but unfortunately there won't be any I guess

in the FAQ it says there will be one but priority will be toward multiplayer which is the way it should be.

I myself am more interested in what the game actually looks like, considering all the footage is just pre-rendered gaming concepts

my guess is it'll be closer to the simplistic TA unit designs vs the overly detailed units from supreme commander which no one really ever payed attention to since you were always zoomed out way to far to notice it.

Last edited:
Yakk is right, they've said the art style from the concept video is the art style they are going with. To that, I say, excellent. I love the Wind Waker explosions.

Navies / Water worlds and the gas giant stuff is funded so adding some nice diversity to the battle-scape.

The galactic war thing they just put out as the 1.8 million add-on looks cool, but might be a bit out of reach with only 7 days left.

Navies / Water worlds and the gas giant stuff is funded so adding some nice diversity to the battle-scape.

The galactic war thing they just put out as the 1.8 million add-on looks cool, but might be a bit out of reach with only 7 days left.

its only been on there for **23 days** (fixed) 30 days total. which means its made 58,033 a day which means if it keeps that pace it will add another 406,233 total equal to 1,741,000 which would be shy of the stretch goal unfortunately ;(

its only been on there for **23 days** (fixed) 30 days total. which means its made 58,033 a day which means if it keeps that pace it will add another 406,233 total equal to 1,741,000 which would be shy of the stretch goal unfortunately ;(

Don't forget the "end of project rush". If it's close, people might just give a little more... I know I probably will go up a tier or 2...

They've been pretty good at establishing challenging stretch goals...

They ARE game developers afterall... ;)

in the FAQ it says there will be one but priority will be toward multiplayer which is the way it should be.

Yeah, initially I kind of thought they might include that in the stretch goal but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Hopefully the AI is good though, and even better if customizable. I'm just one of those who prefers playing against AI, and play against different kind of style if possible.

I don't really care about an SP "campaign" as long as there are AI skirmishes. I seriously hope it's not PvP only, but I can't imagine they'd do that.

I don't really care about an SP "campaign" as long as there are AI skirmishes. I seriously hope it's not PvP only, but I can't imagine they'd do that.

i feel like skirmishes are pretty fundamental when it comes to an RTS. I am sure they will include those, i hope.

i feel like skirmishes are pretty fundamental when it comes to an RTS. I am sure they will include those, i hope.

Something like Civilizations style single player would be cool. It would be pretty hardcore on a non turn-based more speedily paced game play type. That would be pretty badass where the SP is fun to play over and over. And would be different every single time. :)

Yeah, initially I kind of thought they might include that in the stretch goal but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Hopefully the AI is good though, and even better if customizable. I'm just one of those who prefers playing against AI, and play against different kind of style if possible.

"Will there be mod support?
Yes! We feel this is a fundamental part of the spirit of the game."

so even if they don't have the time to perfect it you damn well know the community will just like the sorian AI that was created for supreme commander

"Will there be single player and co-op skirmish?
Yes. You will be able to play single player and co-op against AI's."

"Will there be a map editor included?
Yes. We plan to include the procedural planet editor with the game."

this is the one i can't wait for.. that will definitely keep me busy.

Something like Civilizations style single player would be cool. It would be pretty hardcore on a non turn-based more speedily paced game play type. That would be pretty badass where the SP is fun to play over and over. And would be different every single time. :)

in RTS games its called skirmish mode. its been a feature in almost every RTS game made.

1.5 mil passed so Lava & Metal planets are confirmed!

This project is looking good!

So are they going to tell us what the last stretch goal is now? What could it be? Universal war where you just play the same map for all eternity? Or maybe go the opposite and add nano war where you zoom in so much that you use nano bots to fight over atoms? :rolleyes:
Or maybe just a better/longer campaign. Or maybe experimentals (did they say anything about those) but that probably would of been a earlier stretch goal if it was a stretch goal.

Experimentals should be a given. Then again, so should have naval units IMO...

Experimentals should be a given. Then again, so should have naval units IMO...

Yeah thats what I'm thinking. I'm thinking it might be a better campaign because I thought they said that the campaign would be short but maybe more would be put into it based on the success of the kickstarter. Or maybe I'm just crazy and made that up without knowing it.

So are they going to tell us what the last stretch goal is now? What could it be? Universal war where you just play the same map for all eternity? Or maybe go the opposite and add nano war where you zoom in so much that you use nano bots to fight over atoms? :rolleyes:
Or maybe just a better/longer campaign. Or maybe experimentals (did they say anything about those) but that probably would of been a earlier stretch goal if it was a stretch goal.

You were joking, but that nano-war shit could be hilariously cool.

I'm guessing the last stretch goal could be unique factions. Kind of a moot point as I doubt it'd reachable unless they make it 1.9mil.

Total Annihilation is still the pinnacle of RTS with SC (one) being a very close second. I'm amazed that everyone else followed Blizzard down the low unit count road and close zoom in.

I've always wanted TA2 and it looks like this is the closest I will ever get. I'm all in!

There are four people that pledged $10k. That is ridiculous. I wish I had that sort of dough.

Also, I think if they hit $1.7 mil they should go ahead and do Galactic War. Kinda lame that they did 1.1, 1.3, 1.5 mil and then hopped to 1.8. 1.7 might actually make it.

Just pledged my $20 and told my friends about it.

Haven't genuinely really looked forward to a game since, well shit, since Supreme Commander now I think about it. :p

Two new stretch goals added.

Full Orchestral Score - $2.0M
A Planetary Documentary - $2.1M

I guess that would be cool but if they don't get to 2 or 2.1 million thats fine. But hopefully they get to the 1.8 and I think they will.

The final goals were smart. They might lure in some folks to donate or raise their donations, but if it doesn't happen it won't really hurt the game.

I don't think the final 2 goals are attractive at all :p

Anyway, they are at 1.7 now, I think we might get galactic wars after all.:)

The final goals were smart. They might lure in some folks to donate or raise their donations, but if it doesn't happen it won't really hurt the game.

Agreed. I'm glad they didn't reveal something that we might consider "vital" because it has little chance of happening.

mLI9V.png

Back