Pictures Of Your Dually Rigs!

added 2 more CPU fans and fixed the jacked cabling - MUCH better now

new_cabling2.jpg

I should post up a pic with my closet-desk with the 5 laptops I had up there last month, it looked like one of the stock market traders setups lol.

Is that a server rack in your bedroom? Nutz. I bet that shag carpet is a great source of static ;)

LOL yes it is.
img2262gt.jpg

While i'm at it i guess i should post a pic of my supermicro server as its a dually as well
img2542so.jpg

Has 2 E5620 CPU's with 24gb of ram, 2x 500GB in raid 0 HDD's(gotta change this at some point)

As for that carpet you bet its a great source of static, i hate it LOL

LOL yes it is.
img2262gt.jpg

While i'm at it i guess i should post a pic of my supermicro server as its a dually as well
img2542so.jpg

Has 2 E5620 CPU's with 24gb of ram, 2x 500GB in raid 0 HDD's(gotta change this at some point)

As for that carpet you bet its a great source of static, i hate it LOL

How loud is that supermicro unit ? I only see one sata cable, so that doesn't qualify for raid :)

suprsingly its not that loud, once its gone through its boot process and the PWM kicks in its pretty quiet, and my room runs very hot LOL(no AC). That single SATA cable you see is for the optical drive, the SAS ports bottom left connects to a SAS backplane where i can assure you i have a pair of drives in RAID 0

heres mine, don't mind the crappy bedroom ahhahaa

Nice LD Cooling PC-V8 :) I'm getting one in white, should be coming in the next few weeks.
BTW that rack seems to be full of networking equipment. How many computers do you have?? haha

New vSphere 5.0 Lab. Just added another 24GB not pictured here. Nested 64bit VM's, no need for multiple physical boxes anymore.

all these pics make me sad I don't have any extra spending money

The people with these rigs (like me) don't have any extra spending money either. At least not anymore...and when we do get any it just goes out to the power company so that we can actually turn them on from time to time...;)

Supermicro H8DME-2 socket F. Running 2 2218HE at the moment, incoming 2384s

H8DME-2a.jpg

A lot of nakedness in here:eek:

Better put a bouncer in the thread in case some under age thread stalkers start sneaking in.;)

Got my $35 intel case and popped the board in. The case is cheap as crap but has an SSI front panel connector so you'll need to cut it and solder some standard board connectors on it.

h8dme-2_intel.jpg

Got my $35 intel case and popped the board in. The case is cheap as crap but has an SSI front panel connector so you'll need to cut it and solder some standard board connectors on it.

h8dme-2_intel.jpg

Can you fit a normal video card in that PCI-E slot? They look short to me:confused:

DarthBeavis,

Good job. Looks awesome:)

But where is the video card? I don't see it:(

I think you missed the part where it said, "Server."

No need for a dedicated video card in a server, most likely has an onboard that handles it's needs quite well.

I think you missed the part where it said, "Server."

No need for a dedicated video card in a server, most likely has an onboard that handles it's needs quite well.

The D5400XS doesn't have onboard video, probably can boot without any video though, pain if you need to do any troubleshooting.

Can you fit a normal video card in that PCI-E slot? They look short to me:confused:
It has 2 x8 slots, could chop a hole in the lower one but the top one has an x1 slot at the end which I assume is for a riser card.

Back