PF Prophet Banned

When it comes to forums like these, we come for timely and accurate information. That's the reason people read [Hard]OCP and come to these forums.

In this day and age of so much technology and so much FUD, I don't think that anyone that's a true techie wants lies to propagated around at the speed of light.

I actually saw and responded to prophet's post before it was deleted asking for verification of his statement, which seemed odd that any company would tell someone to start making web chatter about a defective product. What company on earth would allow that?

We all want timely and accurate information. Straight up lies have no place here.

Classic. Crazy kid is going to other forums justifying his actions... tsk tsk tsk.

Well he (prophet) said in short that the company's CS told him that "all their current 8800GT's were flawed and don't buy them until they sort it out". That kind of rumor is designed to HURT sales. That is straight up libel. You will never see nVidia or ATI doing that kind of "rumor" because they know it will land them in court with a heavy settlement. If you are even remotely defending what PF Prophet did....you have serious issues.

No,at least not directly.But companies have long been known to hire shills that will join and post on various forums/blogs/etc,to frown or praise certain products.

Nvidia and AMD and ATI and Intel,and many other corporations,big and small,are all very very well aware of how incredibly powerful word of mouth advertisement is in this day and age,especially in the 'enthusiast' community.And the trickle down theory.Many of us are the 'go to guys' for computer info in our respective circle of family and close friends,etc.To think otherwise is naive at best.Gorilla marketing works both ways.

No,at least not directly.But companies have long been known to hire shills that will join and post on various forums/blogs/etc,to frown or praise certain products.

Nvidia and AMD and ATI and Intel,and many other corporations,big and small,are all very very well aware of how incredibly powerful word of mouth advertisement is in this day and age,especially in the 'enthusiast' community.And the trickle down theory.Many of us are the 'go to guys' for computer info in our respective circle of family and close friends,etc.To think otherwise is naive at best.Gorilla marketing works both ways.

Uh.. there are no Gorillas in marketing.

Try Guerrilla.

I wonder if he worked for EVGA. I like EVGA, but the nut swinging here is TERRIBLE

You go Kyle! Glad to see the owners taking personal interest, as it should be.

People are so gullible. I remember seeing that thread, then grabbing a fistful of salt.

Looks like his words did have an effect.
I went shopping for an 8800GT today in the UK and everything was sold out except BFG, 11 in stock at 5pm.
One has been put aside for me to collect tomorrow.
Bizarrely, I doubt I would have got a card today if he hadnt lied about BFGs cards !

Good riddance to BS and scaremongers.

well did anyone else notice that he had been around since 2004 but this was his fist post since Feb 2004? thats weird unless there were some of his other posts that were deleted. :confused:

Although this thread is funny it's a bit scary too. Companies are just starting to figure out how many purchases are decided on forums. Poison pill posts (PPP!) are only going to increase and become more sophisticated, probably in the same way that phishing is slowly evolving.

I just hope we can stay ahead in the arms race.

yes because PF Prophet's master plan was to join the forums in Feb 2004 and then unleash a lie 3 1/2 years later. :rolleyes:

That's actually how it works. On many forums join date is a sign of intellect or credibilty so someone with a join date of yesterday is called a noob 07er, but someone from 2004 has been around and knows what he is talking about.

Viral marketing is very advanced. ;)

That's actually how it works. On many forums join date is a sign of intellect or credibilty so someone with a join date of yesterday is called a noob 07er, but someone from 2004 has been around and knows what he is talking about.

Viral marketing is very advanced. ;)
well I guess he could have several screen names on each forum or something like that because its odd to not post for 3 1/2 years and then do this. :cool:

It's refreshing to see that management is so quick to step up and put a stop to trolling and flat out lies made to make companies look bad. How can you not love this place, :) ?

It's refreshing to see that management is so quick to step up and put a stop to trolling and flat out lies made to make companies look bad. How can you not love this place, :) ?

And this coming from a competitor too :cool:

In the end, we may find that there were some bad cards out there, but certainly not more than normal. I also have a hard time believing that the tech guy from BFG would release that kinda info at the risk of losing his job, since they record things for himself.

And unless that tech and his buddies had a chart with them keeping track of bad cards, I doubt 175 was an actual number.

I don't care who you are, how long ago you regged, or what your post count is, because to me, you are only as good as your last post.

The truth is a double edged sword. However, at the [H], it always appeared to me though that the sword is clean and free of virus/bacteria/infection. Thus if you manage to cut yourself in horrible way, your woulds should heal over time. At some places though, even a small cut could become fatal.

The truth is a double edged sword. However, at the [H], it always appeared to me though that the sword is clean and free of virus/bacteria/infection. Thus if you manage to cut yourself in horrible way, your woulds should heal over time. At some places though, even a small cut could become fatal.

Cave man: What??

Is this some attempt to notify your peers that you're contemplating suicide? if so, please, do not hesitate http://suicidehotlines.com/

What ever happened to the concept of benefit of a doubt? I've worked plenty of places where something was wrong somewhere and not everyone who should be in the know actually has all the info regarding said issue. so so talking to one grape on the vine might not yield the same results as talking to another leaf in the same vine so to speak.

What ever happened to the concept of benefit of a doubt? I've worked plenty of places where something was wrong somewhere and not everyone who should be in the know actually has all the info regarding said issue. so so talking to one grape on the vine might not yield the same results as talking to another leaf in the same vine so to speak.

Benefit of the doubt applies where someone is reported as saying something but it cant be proven.
This guy made posts in clear text, not really any doubt.

I read his post earlier in the day saying BFG had a faulty batch of 8800GTs but I still ordered a BFG card as the chance of getting a bad one would be slim anyway and theres always the returns dept.

yes because PF Prophet's master plan was to join the forums in Feb 2004 and then unleash a lie 3 1/2 years later. :rolleyes:

I don't care, why did you quote me to say that?

My post was alluding to the integrity of [H]'s members/staff. Whether or not it's a lie is not the point. It's the fact that of the sites the INQ article lists, [H] is the only one to "react." :p

well I guess he could have several screen names on each forum or something like that...
And you would know about that because you've already had multiple accounts here banned for trolling. :rolleyes:

Bye!
bye.gif

but nothing can be proven one way or another. what if he actually is telling the truth?

The proof I require is provided by the lack of posts I have come across about faulty BFG cards.
I also trust Kyles word (which is why I read [H]), he has proven himself to be a crusader for the truth.

To help you decide (maybe)...
Can anyone who has a BFG 8800GT card post to say you have the card and whether it works or not.

The proof I require is provided by the lack of posts I have come across about faulty BFG cards.
I also trust Kyles word (which is why I read [H]), he has proven himself to be a crusader for the truth.

Can anyone who has a BFG 8800GT card post to say you have the card and whether it works or not.

Quite a few people have the BFG 8800gt from BB and have it working. Don't remember names but check around in the NV section or Hot deals and you will find posts of people who own em :)

LOLCATS!!!!

Really, that is FTW, unlike some forums where shit can be posted without much punishment...

Oh, that guy was probably a hardcore fanboy...:rolleyes::D

I purchased two the instant they were avaialbe at BB and they work perfectly as I stated in the original thread. I am very pleased with these cards.

I trust kyle as well which is why I'm also a reader. but I do also trust that companies don't always have all the available info at the time of an inquiry. so in short at the time of kyle calling them or whatever method he used. the person he spoke to may not have had the info required to validate this. It's also easier to say there is no problem at all until you get the chance to fully investigate if there really is indeed a problem at all.

Back