Penny Arcade The Bully?

He's stroking his own ego the whole time. The crap about "id burn everything I own" is like some dumbass 12 year old. I bet when he was writing the whole thing he was imagining himself on a white horse. Oh and read what fail said too. It's all publicity crap under the guise of heroic actions so people worship this guy and his wonderous replying to one of the vast number of companies with bad customer service. This isn't some unsual incident, but he's spinning it into some epic for all the fan's.

Have you EVER read Mike's posts? He's never subtle and never what you would call mild with his opinions. Seriously what the holy fuck people? Paul was a total douchebag and deserved to lose his job. Period. There is not a single fucking thing that should be said to defend him. I don't care what a customer acts like someone doing customer support should NEVER react that that. The right thing to do was put it out on the internet so he could be dealt with.

Correct. What appears to be under discussion though is the apparent mindset of those whom participated in the actions, not the consequences of those actions.

Have you EVER read Mike's posts? He's never subtle and never what you would call mild with his opinions. Seriously what the holy fuck people? Paul was a total douchebag and deserved to lose his job. Period. There is not a single fucking thing that should be said to defend him. I don't care what a customer acts like someone doing customer support should NEVER react that that. The right thing to do was put it out on the internet so he could be dealt with.

I'm not defending that guy, I know he's an idiot. But the point is that happens all the damned time. Why is this one single event so outstanding that it has turned into some theactric production?

Correct. What appears to be under discussion though is the apparent mindset of those whom participated in the actions, not the consequences of those actions.

Mike was civil enough in his first reaction. The customer (Dan, Dave, whatever his name is) was a bit of an asshole, BUT it is a little justified. He was being given the run around and not being told when he would get something he already paid in full for. I am insanely patient and understanding when dealing with customer support, but I'd be pushed to start making demands and getting very annoyed in his case too.

I'm not defending that guy, I know he's an idiot. But the point is that happens all the damned time. Why is this one single event so outstanding that it has turned into some theactric production?

Because it's the internet and the internet loves to crucify people.

Another kotaku article for page hits. Hard to believe that article is for anything else,
or that journalist is totally incompetent.

As a relative outsider (don't read penny arcade, don't know anything about the controller thing and I never read anything about this thing until today), I think it's clear the PR guy was the bad guy. The customer was initially reasonable...and frankly, his long email was justified.

Yeah, the PA guy was harsh, but was there really a nice way to go about this? The guy deserved to be fired. If he owns the Ocean company, then PA just did a bunch of other potential clients a favor. Nobody should have this guy representing their company or product. Saying that type of thing about customers around the office is one thing. Saying it to a customer (or a customer's customer) is unacceptable.

Let's just forget about the part where the customer didn't get what he paid for and was being trampled like dirt for having the nerve to ask for what he paid for.

Penny Arcade had every right to stand up for their reader, especially considering the MARKETTING/STRATAGY guy name-dropped PAX while attempting to steam roll the guy.

Matter o' fact, imagine what would happen if one of you were being screwed over by a PR turd that was using the [H] name in the process of trying to screwing you? Yeah, that would go over well.

Exactly, I can't believe anyone else would think or even see this differently.
Paul = douche

He's stroking his own ego the whole time. The crap about "id burn everything I own" is like some dumbass 12 year old. I bet when he was writing the whole thing he was imagining himself on a white horse. Oh and read what fail said too. It's all publicity crap under the guise of heroic actions so people worship this guy and his wonderous replying to one of the vast number of companies with bad customer service. This isn't some unsual incident, but he's spinning it into some epic for all the fan's.

you must of missed the [H]ard's run in with Infinium labs pretty much the same thing
Hard and PA are good friends and i can see why
Mike(Gabe) puts his money were his mouth is just like Kyle

oh and yea if the guy had name dropped Hard you know Kyle would of tore the guy a new one Mike was nice

Kotaku is basically a series of blogs parading around as a gaming news and information website. They have a tendency to release crap like this which is borderline trolling.

Kotaku is basically a series of blogs parading around as a gaming news and information website. They have a tendency to release crap like this which IS TROLLING.

Fixed your post for you.

That's the ONLY reason why Kotaku posts articles like this, to ATTRACT page hits and get more advertising revenue, and people fall for it like suckers, hook, line, and sinker.

Well, I don't know this Owen Good guy but I can tell you that Brian Crecente is a 110% stand up guy. That said, this is an op/ed piece and this Owen guy is entitled to his opinion. Who knows, maybe stirring the pot was his intent all along and we all took the bait.

In person, we'd probably get along. But online, he's 110% dead to me.

He posted an article to show his new sticker on his macbook, I commented, "whoops! I wondered into Gizmodo," then he perma-banned me for it. He obviously didn't want my traffic, so now I just avoid everything that's Gawker.

"When these assholes threaten me or Penny Arcade I just laugh. I will personally burn everything I’ve made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."

That's the exact quote I can find. That to me says that he would rather destroy what he's built than let someone like Christoforo use it to try to intimidate someone into putting up with his antics or even have it associated with him. He disagreed with Christoforo's treatment of the guy, called him out on it, and it could just as easily backfired or backlashed (doubtful) and caused Penny Arcade harm instead or in addition to (burn it down). There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Hopefully this retarded Kotaku article backlashes and loses them some future readership, because it's a pretty shameful article given the mountain of information out there on the history of Christoforo belittling customers and now blackmailing his former client/business partner. The guy is a dirt bag who walked himself down that path through his own words and actions, no one made him act that way or do those things.

And here's where Christoforo mentions it:

You just got told bitch … welcome to the real internet check kotaku in 2 weeks when they are reviewing free PS3 Avengers we send them as well as G4 and all the other majors hell yeah , don’t forget to check Amazon, gamestop.com, play n trade , Myers , Frys and a ton of other local stores coming your way you think you speak for billions son your just a kid you speak for yourself no one cares what you think that’s why were growing and moving 20-50 thousand controllers a month. We do value our customers but sometimes we get children like you we just have to put you in the corner with your im stupid hat on. See you at CES , E3 , Pax East ….? Oh wait you have to ask mom and pa dukes your not an industry professional and you have no money on snap you just got told.

Choice wording being "No one cares what you think", "your not an industry professional and you have no money on snap you just got told." while mentioning PAX East in the same block of text. And that is when Mike Krahulik responded the first time. Treat people as you would like to be treated, as soon as Christoforo got some of his own treatment, his apology was that he wanted Mike Krahulik's contacts.......dirt bag.

Screw The "K" Just trying to get page impressions.
Editorial comments on every site i tread with distrust other then here. Kyle n steve call it like the see it..

For anyone who feels paul was wronged, he got a taste of what its like to be on the other side.
So boo fucking hoo.
Maybe if he wised up and read a book rather then being "forced too" he would of been smart enough not to let this happen

If this was a school yard fight some might see it different.
1- a bully picked on a a smaller kid and beat em up,
2 - the smaller kid tried to stand up for himself even talk back and got beat up again
3- that smallerkid ran to another BIG kid Who kicked the crap out of the bully in a very "My bodyguard" way (fuck you i know im dating myself cuase that movie is old a dirt like me)
4- then the entire school turned against the bully.

In a movie that's a feel good ending.
So the guy is getting a little shit for being a dick,big deal
Like anything else you look back at some point and this will all seem petty.

At least it was better than tired old PA comic strips.

And anyone who in any way is siding with him or trying to justify his actions, read what he's trying to do now: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114994-Ocean-Marketing-Attempts-To-Extort-Former-Client

This Paul Christoforo is just digging a deeper and deeper hole for himself. Only now with an attempt to try to extort N-Control, might just be time to call in law enforcement. Would like to see how big a man he thinks he is when he's led away in handcuffs.
Excellent. I was worried that he might not get what he deserved, and get hired by some business that was willing to put up with his asshole demeanor. Now, everyone knows that he'll try to hold the business hostage if things go sour.

Luckily, that should guarantee that nobody will ever put him in charge of anything of value.

This is merely sensationalist journalism to bump up page views honestly.

He showcases the incident as an argument against something that has no bearing on the incident.

Customer is treated badly by business/entity/corporation. Customer threatens entity with exposure, since customer has no other recourse for satisfaction. Entity doesn't believe customer and continues to bully them. Threat comes true and with said exposure, entity is removed from position of power.

The points the article tries to claim is that Mike Krahulik was the cop and the judge and asked the question who appointed him as such? Well, honestly, Dave did when he included him in the email thread. Same as the other entities he contacted. Would there be such an uproar if it was the Consumerist involved rather than an online comic?

This is merely sensationalist journalism to bump up page views honestly.

This is literally the only thing Gawker media entities try to publish. I really don't understand why people are surprised by it. This kind of shit article is exactly how Kotaku/Gawker/Deadspin/etc. make their money. And every single time it happens, people fall for it hook, line and sinker.

There are some pages I just won't go to any more. And with a name like Gawker, it's made even easier. All of their sites are bad, now. Any time I have a search hit come up with them in it, I avoid it. And I won't even bother to read their article to figure out what they're talking about. I already know it's laced with lies.

Yeah, so maybe Mike from PA isn't a fucking saint, whatever. Gawker loves to post this sort of Google riding article. I'm for one loved the swift kick to the nuts this Paul douche received. We've all been on Dave's end and it's a great feeling to see a good public shaming like that finally happen to someone that deserves it.

Kotaku always tries these sensationalist articles, they are worse then Fox News.

Wow , I'm seriously going to Kotaku. If Kotaku seemingly can only produce articles that contradict previous articles for the sake of traffic then they really got some low standards. Any rational person would be appalled by Paul's behavior to a customer and in a world where customer service is disappearing its even more of a sad state of affairs.

Why are people giving Mike shit? Because he stood up to the asshole and called him out on his douche bag attitude? I love the "big man" versus the "small business owner" metaphor , grow up .. Paul has likely treated other customers this way and Karma finally banged him in the ass for it. I hope he never gets a job in the customer service industry again and I love that he thinks all this negative press will get him a new job. Last thing the world needs is another tattoo'd roid raging Jersey shore moron in the news for acting like a fuck tard.

Good luck Kotaku , because with articles like this pandering to the matter simply for small increase in hits I think you've shown that you've "jumped" the proverbial shark and perhaps even turned around the boat to do it again... /takes Kotaku off his bookmarks.

Bravo! Man, PA has to be one of the most embarrassing things associated with video game culture. It's worse than bad newspaper strips. Why people love that nonsense makes we wonder about the power of the internet to elevate mediocrity.

But what about CAD? :p

Bravo! Man, PA has to be one of the most embarrassing things associated with video game culture. It's worse than bad newspaper strips. Why people love that nonsense makes we wonder about the power of the internet to elevate mediocrity.

PA is still funny now and then. Not as often as it used to be though, but at least they use their popularity for good. They do run Child's Play.

PA is WAY better than CAD. (IMO)

Ugh. CAD used to be really good, but it took such a steep drop in quality when the creator got so full of himself.

Really,how can anyone take the article seriously? It's clearly sour grapes by Kotaku against a rival site,they're probably just jealous they weren't the ones who blew the whistle on Paul and getting all the free publicity.

Or jealous because even if they did blow the whistle, they couldn't accomplish this.

I have not read a single thing on Kotaku that I've agreed with, and this just furthers that sentiment. Perhaps they identify with and defend self-important jerks for a reason.

I have not read a single thing on Kotaku that I've agreed with, and this just furthers that sentiment. Perhaps they identify with and defend self-important jerks for a reason.

Kotaku used to be good, They do have good writers on staff, but Gawker Media itself took it down a horrible road. The Razer Blade paid "editorials" was my breaking point with them.

Wow , I'm seriously going to Kotaku. If Kotaku seemingly can only produce articles that contradict previous articles for the sake of traffic then they really got some low standards. Any rational person would be appalled by Paul's behavior to a customer and in a world where customer service is disappearing its even more of a sad state of affairs.

Why are people giving Mike shit? Because he stood up to the asshole and called him out on his douche bag attitude? I love the "big man" versus the "small business owner" metaphor , grow up .. Paul has likely treated other customers this way and Karma finally banged him in the ass for it. I hope he never gets a job in the customer service industry again and I love that he thinks all this negative press will get him a new job. Last thing the world needs is another tattoo'd roid raging Jersey shore moron in the news for acting like a fuck tard.

Good luck Kotaku , because with articles like this pandering to the matter simply for small increase in hits I think you've shown that you've "jumped" the proverbial shark and perhaps even turned around the boat to do it again... /takes Kotaku off his bookmarks.

Not that it matters but I haven't been to Kotaku in a while. I just keep seeing these articles that show up to either attempt to play the devils advocate or just straight up slander other sites. I'm really sick and tired of the site in general.

Pretty obvious this is a bit of troll bait, just there to grab clicks. "Hmm, everyone is pretty much in agreement over this. Let's post something with an unpopular opinion so people come here to complain about the piece!"

They are playing both sides of the story here.

http://kotaku.com/5871776/ocean-marketting-jackass-earns-10-discount-for-all-pre+orders
http://kotaku.com/5871479/pr-trolli...avenger-controller-maker-asks-for-forgiveness

They have stories calling the guy a jackass, bashing him just like everyone else. then have the one trying to claim that Mike (Gabe) was the one in the wrong.

http://kotaku.com/5871400/cut-paul-oceanmarketting-christoforo-a-breakhe-probably-just-has-roid-rage

Here is one where they went out and found stuff he posted on random forums.

To me it comes off just as them trying to get as much traffic as possible by writing stories to keep stirring the pot.

remember how WW2 started? nazis were being douches, europe was "taking the high road" and not stopping them and just verbally condemning them. the only reason they were stopped was they finally pissed off a force greater than themselves. really really stupid people who are this pompous and this ignorant respond to only one thing: force, and the more the better.

Kotaku isnt really a quality website. This article is likely just to get traffic. Although the comparison to fox news is pretty accurate. It also seemed that Kotaku is politically correct and wont step on any toes. Penny Arcade has proved that they dont care about that stuff and will stand up for gamers.

Back