Pc shutdown - one question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi. I am sorry for my next topic. But have last question. Its my previous closed topic:
https://hardforum.com/threads/i-think-my-pc-diying-psu-or-shutdown.2016456/

Someone said this to me :"If it happens again it could indicate that something power-related is beginning to fail (PSU, GPU, MB)
But software-only issues doesn’t normally trigger a system to suddenly power off.."

I am worried. It not happened again since.
But Someone said this to me :"But software-only issues doesn’t normally trigger a system to suddenly power off."

Can i have faulty pc part? Please dont ban me. I will lock topic myself after answer.

Last edited:
Daily Show FFS.gif

Someone said this to me :"But software-only issues doesn’t normally trigger a system to suddenly power off."

So if software doesn’t normally trigger a system to suddenly power off , it was hardware issue?

Yup. You need to sell your PC and buy a new one. It's the only way to be sure.
Given the fact that you keep opening threads about it, yes. It is obviously something that bothers you in a way that you cannot stop thinking about it. Therefore, the only way to deal with it is by doing something. If you do nothing, you will always wonder "Is it going to shutdown again?" At least by selling the PC, you are making an effort to solve the problem. Otherwise, nothing changes, and you keep worrying about it.

Given the fact that you keep opening threads about it, yes. It is obviously something that bothers you in a way that you cannot stop thinking about it. Therefore, the only way to deal with it is by doing something. If you do nothing, you will always wonder "Is it going to shutdown again?" At least by selling the PC, you are making an effort to solve the problem. Otherwise, nothing changes, and you keep worrying about it.

I've offered him $500 for his clearly defective hardware! He must believe it is still good because he hasn't taken me up on it yet.

Reactions: Azrak
like this
Maybe it was related to cpu voltage? Because sometimes during only Metro Exodus i have WHEA LOGGER 19 Internal Parity error. But if that happened once

But if that happened once

No hardware/software combo is ever going to be perfect. If you want absolute maximum stability, buy server grade hardware with ECC memory. Until then, STOP YOUR FUCKING WHINING about some game that crashes virtually never with your hardware.

I've offered him $500 for his clearly defective hardware! He must believe it is still good because he hasn't taken me up on it yet.
86176686.jpg

He might think it's still functional enough to keep.
mgty23: $350 and I'll guarantee your problem never occurs again.

I have this machine just sitting around not getting any real use, it could be yours if the price is right.
specs are in my sig
IMG_1646.JPEG

So why pc shutdown once in intro ( 30 fps low load )4 weeks ago, but now its working smooth everywhere?

First monitor went black then pc shut off and red light led flicker inside in case.

Last edited:
Corsair iCUE caused me many months of random hangs and shut-offs. Software can definitely wreck your day.

last question
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But they testing pcs

this pc is from shop

Well then why don't you "test" your own PC and figure out if there's something wrong with it (unlikely). Every damn time you post something it's some sort of one-off issue because no piece of software is perfect.

You have OCD. You're letting it control your life. Get professional mental help.

So that shutdown which happened just once, ignore it and keep current pc if games are not crashing?

So that shutdown which happened just once, ignore it and keep current pc if games are not crashing?
how many threads and how many times do you need to "ask one last question"? yes, now stop ffs.

Well then why don't you "test" your own PC and figure out if there's something wrong with it (unlikely). Every damn time you post something it's some sort of one-off issue because no piece of software is perfect.

You have OCD. You're letting it control your life. Get professional mental help.

how many threads and how many times do you need to "ask one last question"? yes, now stop ffs.
Why are you guys so harsh on this dude? I love his posts.

Someone said this to me:"PC shutting down is highly unusual, and games don't do that if they are crashing due to its own bugs/errors."

So its my pc fault?

I was going to say something mean like...the next time you feel the urge to ask, "So it's my pcs fault?"
Go ahead and slam your typing fingers in a drawer, or a door, or whatever's handy. Until that urge goes away. But, you might actually do that and I may be held liable somehow.

Instead lets try something positive. Like repeating-
Its NOT my pcs fault. 100 times every morning as you brush your teeth.
Try that!
Every...
Single...
Day...
For the rest of your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back