Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok well i just ran my first full race and i apparently suck a lot :D (also my first time in a HC league)

in a 100m fixed seed i only got to lvl 13 and there were people who were right around 30. is witch just not the way to go? or am i just shit at speed lvling.

Last edited:
You have 28 (or more) stash tabs?! Holy wow. If that's not unusual, no wonder GGG hasn't fixed desync.

It's unusually low.

If you buy a supporter pack stash tabs are the best possible thing to buy with the points.

Last edited:
I have 42 premium stash tabs, and I don't see what that has to do with desync.

He meant to say "he ONLY has 28 tabs, no wonder we still have desync! Get spending cheapo!"

p.s. playing with my RL brother last night, got my 3rd Bringer of Rain. But all I want is Shav's :(

If you guys are giving them money, they have no incentive to fix desync. A lot of us have been holding back and telling GGG if they fix desync, we'll spend money. I have like 12 tabs and just make it work.

OK so is there any endgame to this other than farming for loot in order to better farm loot?

Is there any PvP in the game other than the duel thing?

ok well i just ran my first full race and i apparently suck a lot :D (also my first time in a HC league)

in a 100m fixed seed i only got to lvl 13 and there were people who were right around 30. is witch just not the way to go? or am i just shit at speed lvling.

For the shorter leagues you want to start off with a class that is more front loaded with +health in their tree like the Marauder or Scion. Having a large pool of health is pretty key to moving rapidly and easily through the content.

For the shorter leagues you want to start off with a class that is more front loaded with +health in their tree like the Marauder or Scion. Having a large pool of health is pretty key to moving rapidly and easily through the content.

ah ok I will check them out. I have been practicing and did a lot better on the 1 hour race and got to lvl 11 at 49 min before i screwed up and died. which is a lot better than 13 in 100min.

I just raced in my first 1-hour Descent: Champions event and WOW what a fun experience! I got destroyed at lvl 7 to the "Pagan God" boss (didn't expect a big totem to use Lightning Warp while I was throwing traps from range) and had to start over, but got back to lvl 16 with my remaining 40 minutes.

It was really cool exploring all the randomly generated areas inhabited by mystery monster combinations, with chests full of goodies at the beginning and forks in the road at the end...all the while trying to push to the limit while not dying. These races definitely put the action in ARPG!

ya it was my first time dooing descent champions. I got rocked 40 min in which sucked, still had a lot of fun though.

I just raced in my first 1-hour Descent: Champions event and WOW what a fun experience! I got destroyed at lvl 7 to the "Pagan God" boss (didn't expect a big totem to use Lightning Warp while I was throwing traps from range) and had to start over, but got back to lvl 16 with my remaining 40 minutes.

It was really cool exploring all the randomly generated areas inhabited by mystery monster combinations, with chests full of goodies at the beginning and forks in the road at the end...all the while trying to push to the limit while not dying. These races definitely put the action in ARPG!

If you got a char to lvl 7 and then one to lvl 16 in that hour then you are doing damn good.

If you got a char to lvl 7 and then one to lvl 16 in that hour then you are doing damn good.

I didn't realize I was going to get two uniques to start with (specially designed for Descent races) in addition to the starter chest, so I tried to analyze as quickly as I could and picked a club that enhanced burning damage and a belt that boosted elemental damage and provided better flask performance. I decided before the race that I was going to run a fire trap + dual strike Shadow and it worked well. I think I'll roll it again next race now that I know what to expect.

One of the better moments was when I walked into that familiar chamber and thought "looks like it's time to fight Brutus"... and then he walked into view and I said out loud "oh shit that's Kole!" And of course he was summoning skeletons too. He dropped a Crest of Perandus for me, so I switched from dual strike to double strike for the remainder of the race.

I finished the race with an obscene amount of unused currency, but I just didn't find enough base items to use most of the orbs on!

If you join a public map group that requires an expensive currency buy in be careful of scam. I've been ripped off 3 times in the last week. What happens is the leader of the group collect all of the money from everybody in the lab and then he quits the game. It's only happened three times out of the last 30 or so times but it cost me a gcp, 3 chaos, and 6 chisels. I may start requiring that leader open portals before I pay if it happens again.

I've ran into a desync / disconnect wall of fail the past 5-7 days.

I was playing w/o issue, then the weather hit in the area and froze everything, and since then I can't stay connected for maybe 10 minutes before I get disconnected for unknown reason.

I'm showing anywhere from 13-27% packetloss @ the softlayer hops. Of course that'll be "well you need to talk to your ISP". I think I'm done with Time Warner though, anytime I try to get a thing done with them its 10 phone calls, getting hung up on. Then you tell them you are showing packet loss and they immediately say reset your modem and router (yawn) and hang up again.

Its like having your balls kicked in and someone telling you to smile for the experience. Might call the competition in and see if they'll install a line w/o using existing wiring. Then I can side by side, whoever doesn't suck, stays. Its so unplayable, I've leveled probably 9 levels on one zone, because I've had to do the content so many times over, its painful

Is Chaos Innoc absolutely necessary? I'm noticing in the later game on cruel more and more enemies dealing chaos damage, but still I'm relatively unaffected by it. For now I have pretty much crossed CI off my passive list, unless merciless difficulty pretty much demands it? The only other options I have for chaos debuffs are two 7% reduction nodes anywhere near me (ranger).

Is Chaos Innoc absolutely necessary? I'm noticing in the later game on cruel more and more enemies dealing chaos damage, but still I'm relatively unaffected by it. For now I have pretty much crossed CI off my passive list, unless merciless difficulty pretty much demands it? The only other options I have for chaos debuffs are two 7% reduction nodes anywhere near me (ranger).

Some people run around with -50+ chaos resist. It was purposely made to be difficult to cap, as opposed to the other resists. Makes thing more chaotic ::ba-dum-ching::

CI is there because characters that focus on buffing energy shield usually don't have points or gear to invest in a decent life total as well. It only really makes sense to take CI once you have invested enough of your gear and passive points to build up a comfortable ES level. You don't want to die to 300 chaos damage while you have 3000 ES sitting there doing nothing because you're geared for ES but didn't take CI, but it's also not helpful to drop your life to 1 if it's going to cut your effective health in half because you're geared for a mix of life and ES.

RNGesus smiled upon me, then kicked me in the gonads 47 times in a row (While still smiling)

I've been using a really high armor value (2397) piece of Glorious Plate that's only 4S 4L and has crappy resists, so I started sloggin' my way through all the 66/67 maps to do speed runs to turn in sets of rares to build up my chaos orb stash to re-roll it when it happened...

I got a 5L Glorious Plate drop! GRRGR to boot!

I hit my stash tab like a drunken driver to grab all my loot to sell so I can roll up some great stats. I tried to sell the three 5L weapons I got but they wouldn't sell. I was hoping to get something decent from them instead of selling basically everything I had of any value. I sold everything else I had, lol, and got 47 Chaos orbs. I go to work re-rolling the mega-awesome 5L wonder armor and I can't seem to get any armor value greater than 1135 on it...

Now I'm broke, and stuck doing Imperial Gardens and the Scepter of God and Piety Runs again in the hope that maps drop (because I sold all mine)

*sigh*

RNGesus smiled upon me, then kicked me in the gonads 47 times in a row (While still smiling)

I've been using a really high armor value (2397) piece of Glorious Plate that's only 4S 4L and has crappy resists, so I started sloggin' my way through all the 66/67 maps to do speed runs to turn in sets of rares to build up my chaos orb stash to re-roll it when it happened...

I got a 5L Glorious Plate drop! GRRGR to boot!

I hit my stash tab like a drunken driver to grab all my loot to sell so I can roll up some great stats. I tried to sell the three 5L weapons I got but they wouldn't sell. I was hoping to get something decent from them instead of selling basically everything I had of any value. I sold everything else I had, lol, and got 47 Chaos orbs. I go to work re-rolling the mega-awesome 5L wonder armor and I can't seem to get any armor value greater than 1135 on it...

Now I'm broke, and stuck doing Imperial Gardens and the Scepter of God and Piety Runs again in the hope that maps drop (because I sold all mine)

*sigh*

I just completed a similar quest but went about it a different way. Buying a 5/6L "endgame" chest is just too expensive. And, as you found, trying to roll your own can be an apocalyptic currency dump. I ended up buy a pretty nice astral plate (90% increased armor, 100 life, ~30% cold & lightning resist) for 25 chaos and then liked it myself. I probably dumped 2.5 exalts worth of fusings into it before I finally 5 linked it this weekend. Thus, I put 3-3.5 exalts worth of currency into it. And to buy one with stats like this is 3-5 exalts, so I could about break even were I to try and sell this.

I prefer this approach as you can get the exact stats you want for a "relatively" low price, and avoid the premium that a 5/6L item commands. Then, it's not too hard to farm up fusings and keep throwing them at your armor until you get the links right.

That is the genre. Not sure what you were expecting.

Not really, in Diablo 2 the end game was primarily about PvP. It gave a sense of purpose to the grind rather than simply grinding to do more grinding. Never understood that.

Not really, in Diablo 2 the end game was primarily about PvP. It gave a sense of purpose to the grind rather than simply grinding to do more grinding. Never understood that.

The grind is for the challange of harder maps, not for the sake of grinding.

And Diablo 2 was 14 years ago, time to move on

You can do pvp, but it's not all that balanced. It is fun, though. They will be adding more pvp stuff in soon.

I just completed a similar quest but went about it a different way. Buying a 5/6L "endgame" chest is just too expensive. And, as you found, trying to roll your own can be an apocalyptic currency dump. I ended up buy a pretty nice astral plate (90% increased armor, 100 life, ~30% cold & lightning resist) for 25 chaos and then liked it myself. I probably dumped 2.5 exalts worth of fusings into it before I finally 5 linked it this weekend. Thus, I put 3-3.5 exalts worth of currency into it. And to buy one with stats like this is 3-5 exalts, so I could about break even were I to try and sell this.

I prefer this approach as you can get the exact stats you want for a "relatively" low price, and avoid the premium that a 5/6L item commands. Then, it's not too hard to farm up fusings and keep throwing them at your armor until you get the links right.

I did something similar to that with my Bow. I wish I'd saved the money instead. Not that that particular method is wrong...it's just that with Spectral Throw in my build, I stopped using my bow 18 levels ago...I only use it to level gems I want to sell, and to hold my Portal gem.

I can't see progressing in the future past 82-83-ish without armor in the 2300 range (with my particular build) so I'm gonna grind for a full 2 weeks and save up everything I can.

If I can't get the chest re-rolled to something I like at that point, I'm just gonna take a break from the game.

You can do pvp, but it's not all that balanced.
I dueled a RF marauder and with 75% fire resist the aura killed me in ~2seconds (~4.5k ES and 1k hp).

PvP will need a completely different ruleset to work. Or they can pull a blizzard and ruin both PvE and PvP by trying to balance both with one ruleset.

They've said before that PvE balance will not be affected by PvP.

When it comes to PvP OP builds I've seen -

RF is probably the most imbalanced. You can hit them with a heavy vulnerability curse, range em down and maybe put some damage over time on them. Otherwise, you're kinda shit out of luck.

Discharge is also pretty beefy in pvp. Same deal, but with temporal chains instead of vulnerability. Range em down, stack some damage over time. Otherwise, RF is the only real counter.

Don't -

PvP as a summoner. Each round wipes your auras and all of you minions.

chaos damage can usually be dealt with through high life regen and/or life leech

where having chaos resist really matters is when going up against bosses that have high chaos damage or the exile that stacks Viper Strike

if you got enough DPS and life leech though, then you still might have enough sustain to out race chaos damage against high chaos damage bosses even with -60 chaos resist

Last edited:
I don't recall, but if you're in standard, you can use anything you need from the guild stash.

If you're in domination, I can't speak for the guys who are using the guild stash over there. Maybe ask first just in case people are using it for stash tab overflow.

I am in standard and I have pulled a couple items from the stash tab. It has been extremely helpful! I am still trying to get leveled up and just hit 56 on my Marauder. I really want to get high enough so I can start trying to farm these alternate maps. That sounds like a lot of fun.

Damn this game is addicting though. Just bought a premium 6 stash tab for my account. Between this, LoL, and Star Citizen my wallet is really starting to hate my computer game habits.

Pvp was optional so not sure how you consider that end game. 7 years and never once did pvp. Ladders and HC were more end game than pvp was imo.

I try to put only really good stuff in the guild stash - not necessarily high level but very good for whatever level it is. The tabs will fill up fast if we put decent stuff in there.

If anyone in the guild sees me online I'll be happy to look through what I have to see if I have an upgrade for you. You can link me all the gear you are wearing and I can easily search my personal stash for upgrades.

Day 1 of the grind off to a decent start. I have 30chaos orbs now, after 2 hrs.

I did sell the bow off my back to do it though...well not really the one on my back...I speccd spectral throw and I haven't touched the bow since level 52 so I swapped it out 3 weeks ago with a 6S sword to just hold gems I am leveling up to sell...dude offered 18 chaos for it so I was like...OK.

GGG posted an infographic detailing the stats of the recent 1 Week Nemesis Race:
PathOfExileOneWeekRaceInfographic.jpg

Last edited:
RNGesus is capricious and fickle. In the end though it seems to average out I guess

Good:
I made some good sales then ran a few Piety runs yesterday.
First run, I had to port back 3 times to sell the rares before I zoned into Piety's lair.(123% iir)

Bad:
Second time, (same 123%iir) I had to port back once, after I killed Piety, and that really ticked me off...I do Piety runs in an odd fashion that should increase my chances, not decrease them...I clear all the levels and clear the 2nd level twice.Even doing it in that fashion, I only saw 4 rares until Piety dropped three crappy 2x4 shields with the normal crap rares I sell

Good:
I got about 8 map drops yesterday (66-68) and a unique map (Coward's Trial or something like that...) I haven't run it yet...It supposedly has waves of monsters that come at you.

Is that map any fun? I think I read somewhere earlier in this thread about someone using cast on melee kill + detonate dead (Or IB) to destroy the bodies since, at the end, the main boss mob rezzes all the dead bodies. I think it'd also be wise if I were to use perpetual flasks since I tend to go through mana...

I've seen some youtube videos of it but they were all recorded by people with ungodly powerful builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back