Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you mean always have loot showing?

anyways, person should try to wait as long as possible before selling because it's only going to grow in value

I got a 5L to drop for me yesterday

yep, always have it showing and actually look at the sockets & links. Remember that if it has a 3 colors linked it is worth a chromatic orb for trade at a vendor too.

Crazy build, but nice plan! You gave me a couple ideas--cheers!

Yea it makes sense in a min/max sorta way... I just like having lots of moves for different scenarios. I fully intend to keep winging it on this witch until i get stuck and have to re-roll though.

Nice to know about the max limits on gem slots. I reckon that'll be pretty necessary to have max gem slots come cruel/merciless

Yea someone on reddit wasted 80 jeweler orbs trying to 4socket his mace....only to be told by the rest of reddit that 1h's have a 3 socket limit. :eek::eek::(:(

just can't seems to get my dps higher then my ranger on my witch.....ranger is 5 levels lower and keeps getting higher dps........

So on one hand, I completely understand how you can burn a few orbs and not get what you want. On the other hand, a roll like the one pictured below hasn't been exceedingly rare for me (made with 1x Jeweler, 1x Fusing, 4x Blacksmiths Whetstone, 1x Alchemy Orb):

I'm playing an elemental bow Witch, so I needed to roll something with some sort of elemental damage, and the few Death/Royal bows I'd tried in the past were lacking in that regard - nothing could mate the elemental damage on my Grove bow. This was my first try with a Sniper bow: the extra dex and 73% increased damage were just icing on the cake! At lvl 42, I was really starting to notice the extra shots it was taking to make kills, so this should be great stuff at 44!

Well, I'm glad I never used very many of my orbs. I spent every single thing I had to buy this weapon...

34788sp.png

Anyone give me a price check? Just to see if I way over paid? I dont really care cause I needed it, but I'm curious.

I don't really get why people watch these guys. And quitting to save your character? Lame.

I think it's hilarious that one or two of them were whining about how it's a bug.

EDIT: What are the sockets on that big_aug?

Nice weapon Big_Aug. I saw a streamer buy a decent piece of armor for 4 chaos then 2x of darn near everything else. Since I'm nowhere near your level I don't know what items would trade for. But that weapon is very nice. Hopefully you can get your gem colors and links to your liking.

Fuuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkk..... After climbing the pyramid in act 2, before I engage the boss I warp to town and my character gets stuck.

Unable to find an instance......

Oh well, off to another game until they fix all the bugs that keep fucking me over at bosses

Well, I'm glad I never used very many of my orbs. I spent every single thing I had to buy this weapon...

34788sp.png

Anyone give me a price check? Just to see if I way over paid? I dont really care cause I needed it, but I'm curious.

IT's a pretty damn nice mace. Not sure it's orb value though 2-4 gcp? The sockets could make a difference.

I'd also use 6 whetstones on it to get quality up to 20%

34788sp.png

looks pretty damn good to me

I have no idea about melee builds so don't know how big demand for 1Hs are

are you dual wielding or 1H/S

how much did it cost you?

looks pretty damn good to me

I have no idea about melee builds so don't know how big demand for 1Hs are

are you dual wielding or 1H/S

how much did it cost you?

It cost me literally everything I had. I won't even go into it because now I feel like I paid way too much, but whatever. I needed it.

There was a lvl 82 marauder bidding against me and we both basically went all in.

Its now dropping people and putting you in a queue if you want back in..........

Was doing that at 7am EST in the USA. I hope they get another server or two soon. :)

It cost me literally everything I had. I won't even go into it because now I feel like I paid way too much, but whatever. I needed it.

There was a lvl 82 marauder bidding against me and we both basically went all in.

If the other guy wanted it for his level 82 then it must be pretty damn good. (unless the other guy was a shill)

Just downloaded the game today; I'm liking it a lot so far. Started a Templar with mace/shield (glacial hammer/ice nova) and using a two handed axe as secondary.

Been scrolling through the thread for the past few days. Any quick advice for a new guy?

Great game so far like the feel of it very much. Using a marauder in h/c going good so far lvl 17 and climbing easily through. Good advice is to party with some people to get through some areas, makes it easier. My ingame name is Monkeywraith for H/C if anyone plays. On Act 2 now.

Last edited:
This is the most unstable game I have played in the past 10 years. I don't know how they managed to do it but they're frequently bluescreening / hard crashing Windows 7. Alt tabbing out? Blue screen. Leave the game minimized? Blue screen. Use a waypoint? 20% of the time will bluescreen.

The little I have been able to play was enjoyable but the game is completely unplayable at this point. Checking the forums leads me to the fact that I'm using a real sound card (XI-FI titanium). Unfortunately none of the fixes posted work. Neither the software audio or Alchemy override help.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/51323

Have you tried disabling the XRAM through registry edit? I did that too, in addition to --softwareaudio and it solved it for me, though I'm not sure if the XRAM is necessary as most people are reporting that --softwareaudio solved it.

Note that there's 2 dash '-' in the command.

Sounds to me like you're experiencing that particular issue with X-Fi cards

Alternatively you can try --nosound which completely disable the sound.

After putting in a lot more time with grouping and the loot system, I hope they don't change anything about it. It takes some getting used to but it eventually feels right. You get ninjaed and you do some ninjaing. It's really interesting how groups develop on their own without anyone saying a word. Sometimes, people won't be ninjaing at all. Timers will run out on rares and currencies and they will sit there for a few seconds before they are picked up. Other times, people are camping over top drops waiting to get them.

Last night someone Ninjaed my unique Scholar Boots drop. A little bit later I ninjaed a Regal Orb. You get over it and move on.

I have totally changed my stance on it. It brings back the D2 feelings that I thought I had grown out of =P

After putting in a lot more time with grouping and the loot system, I hope they don't change anything about it. It takes some getting used to but it eventually feels right. You get ninjaed and you do some ninjaing. It's really interesting how groups develop on their own without anyone saying a word. Sometimes, people won't be ninjaing at all. Timers will run out on rares and currencies and they will sit there for a few seconds before they are picked up. Other times, people are camping over top drops waiting to get them.

Last night someone Ninjaed my unique Scholar Boots drop. A little bit later I ninjaed a Regal Orb. You get over it and move on.

I have totally changed my stance on it. It brings back the D2 feelings that I thought I had grown out of =P

I'vre really had no issue with the looting system, either. Some people ninja, some people share. I don't take things I can't use, and quite a few people do the same. Currency and uniques are pretty much guaranteed to be FFA "he who clicketh the quickest", but it hasn't put me at a disadvantage.

You never grow out of having fun.

Great game so far like the feel of it very much. Using a marauder in h/c going good so far lvl 17 and climbing easily through. Good advice is to party with some people to get through some areas, makes it easier. My ingame name is Monkeywraith for H/C if anyone plays. On Act 2 now.

Yeah, I figured that would be best as the enemies are harder. How is the loot dropped when partied up?

My Templar is named Norsemann - I will add it to the POE name thread.

I'vre really had no issue with the looting system, either. Some people ninja, some people share. I don't take things I can't use, and quite a few people do the same. Currency and uniques are pretty much guaranteed to be FFA "he who clicketh the quickest", but it hasn't put me at a disadvantage.

Best is with friends who usually play other games with you. If something drops with players name on it, it's theirs to pick. Nothing gets ninjaed.

Even when i've played this, since september of 2011. I ought to say, just gotta love how the difficulty just ramps up and it just keeps goin up :)
And It's totally different how it was good year ago, you could just run through the first 2 difficulties. No problem at all with decent gear.
Now i had problems with finishing normal difficulty :D Love it.

Any quick advice for a new guy?

read the game mechanics thread I linked earlier. Be careful trading orbs until you know their relative values. http://www.poeex.info/

Keep in mind you will probably screw up the skill tree on your first character so go ahead and have fun with it and expect to make a new one by the time you get to level 30.

Make some friends in game who will help you out with equipment.

Make a town portal just before fighting a boss.

I really don't mind...the only problem that I have is that if I am on top of a orb and clicking on it...and it still counts down another 2 seconds and then someone steals it. I clicked on it probably 5 times.

I am sorry I don't have the absolute best internet. There are times I see alot of drops for me, but through the whole run through the ledge...I can only pick up 3 items the whole run if everybody is trying to ninja. Sometimes its because of the stupid 2 people are standing on top of it, and it isn't clicking it, or the lag.

I really just wish they would put an extra 2 or 3 seconds on the timer...thats it, just because of lag issues with the game.

I really don't mind...the only problem that I have is that if I am on top of a orb and clicking on it...and it still counts down another 2 seconds and then someone steals it. I clicked on it probably 5 times.

I am sorry I don't have the absolute best internet. There are times I see alot of drops for me, but through the whole run through the ledge...I can only pick up 3 items the whole run if everybody is trying to ninja. Sometimes its because of the stupid 2 people are standing on top of it, and it isn't clicking it, or the lag.

I really just wish they would put an extra 2 or 3 seconds on the timer...thats it, just because of lag issues with the game.

I wouldn't mind a slightly longer timer for those without the best internet. That's a good suggestion to make on the official forums. Especially if it would make your playing time happier.

big_aug said:

Amen.

Unfortunately a huge number of babies will run to the forums to complain the moment they miss out on their first item. In some ways I think the timers were a good compromise, but they did introduce the problem of people feeling like they own items before they pick them up.

Chris said they are discussing loot options internally, and I truly hope that if they do decide to add them then they will only be of the "timer+1,2,3,4,5 seconds" variety (max of 5).

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

This is the reason I only play with friends I know. Public games are a joke. They really need to fix the FFA loot system-- it promotes singleplayer. which is the opposite of what GGG wants.

naticus said:
This is the reason I only play with friends I know. Public games are a joke. They really need to fix the FFA loot system-- it promotes singleplayer. which is the opposite of what GGG wants.

Actually GGG has said all along that PoE was designed to be played as a single player game, and as recently as December (in closed beta) they said they were at record levels of party games.

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Ive been going Single player. Have a Marauder @ lvl 24, Witch @ lvl 6. Game is alot of fun.

I just did Vaal in a 6 player game on merciless. My hands are still shaking. Every person in the group was about one hit away from death at least one time.

Wow, hard to believe you get that rush from a game :D

Fyi for anyone playing hardcore on the act 2 bandits quest. Apparently the cool thing to do is to pick the other option that the rest of the group picks at the last second (kill or help) so you can pk everyone in your group. I figured this out the hard way and later found out that there are alot of griefers taking advantage of this. Anyone think we should start a PoE trade thread?

That's why I only play with friends hah. We pick up all the crap on the floor, then sell it later on, but make sure to let each other know there could be a potential upgrade for them in our bags that we picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back