Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah I used all my fusing up. Thanks for the advice and link counts.

Shields and 1h weapons can only roll 3 sockets.

On chests, they become more common right around the 40's, you can consider burning some fusings, but if you only have a few, its probably not worth the gamble....

So, I swapped my double strike with dual strike and gained 400dps...and the gem is 4 levels lower. I think this will help immensely, just about to hit 50, midway through Act3 cruel.

A guy on my friends list is lvl 84 already...as a shadow no less. I've got some catching up to do.

I forgot how slow the exp grind is at higher levels. I did 75-80 on nothing but 66 maps to build up a pool of 67+. It took forever. I still like the map system and the possibility of not getting a map or getting lower level maps. It's one more drop to be excited about. I LOVE the new "map to maker" system they put in. Long overdue. They need to make it work for magic/rare/unique maps as well.

I forgot how slow the exp grind is at higher levels. I did 75-80 on nothing but 66 maps to build up a pool of 67+. It took forever. I still like the map system and the possibility of not getting a map or getting lower level maps. It's one more drop to be excited about. I LOVE the new "map to maker" system they put in. Long overdue. They need to make it work for magic/rare/unique maps as well.

it only works for white maps?

I thought it allocated to maker rare and unique maps, but only if they are within a couple levels of your level. All white maps being allocated regardless of level

Ah. I wonder what the reasoning behind that was.

For the rest of the group running with the maker to have a chance at maps. I think they should have reversed the logic though.

They should buff map rarity rates such that *most* maps are blue, and only a small amount white. Rare + Unique rates stay the same. Make white maps FFA, and the rest map to maker.
The maker would then get the benefit of most maps to him, including the interesting ones, and also encourage more people to run unided maps (since a much larger number of unid'ed blues will exist with the change).

It really makes no sense, but I'm satisfied getting all the whites. Most people are solid and give you the magic+ maps. Some guy did jack my Unique Vaal Pyramid. Whatever though. You wanna ruin your rep over a map then be my guest. This game is all about having people to group with, and its tough to get by solo in higher maps.

For the rest of the group running with the maker to have a chance at maps. I think they should have reversed the logic though.

They should buff map rarity rates such that *most* maps are blue, and only a small amount white. Rare + Unique rates stay the same. Make white maps FFA, and the rest map to maker.
The maker would then get the benefit of most maps to him, including the interesting ones, and also encourage more people to run unided maps (since a much larger number of unid'ed blues will exist with the change).

Why should the map maker get any more than one map to recover his cost? Always struck me as greedy, these folks who spend one map and want to take all 5 that dropped.

Why should the map maker get any more than one map to recover his cost? Always struck me as greedy, these folks who spend one map and want to take all 5 that dropped.

Why should you get any maps when you didn't open it and you didn't spend any currency rolling them?

If maps didn't go to the maker, there would be ZERO public map groups.

I'm almost always the map maker and people really are good about making sure map maker gets the maps. They way it worked before map allocation for me was - make sure I get the good maps and I usually divvy whites to the other group members. Incentive to get people to jump back into your groups despite me being a minion build :p

Tried Vaal Pact last night. Even with 25% lifesteal applying instantly I die in seconds. I have a feeling my guy is just severely under-geared.

The freaking chaos:exalt ratio is killing me in Onslaught. What's the ratio in the other leagues?

The freaking chaos:exalt ratio is killing me in Onslaught. What's the ratio in the other leagues?

i wish they would have put vendor recipes for all currency items to stop this retarded inflation

Last i checked an exalt is up to 15 GCP, and 4 chaos in a GCP... 60 chaos : 1 exalt

Retarded...

I yell at people as much as i can in chat when they go to raise the price, but clearly resistance if futile :(

In standard, something like 50:1 chaos:exalt. I think we're at 14:1 gcp:exalt.

Yea if you're willing to take the time spamming chat you can sometimes still find GCP for 3 chaos... i can't stand their trade system (especially since links expire, rabble rabble), so i just pay more.

Yea if you're willing to take the time spamming chat you can sometimes still find GCP for 3 chaos... i can't stand their trade system (especially since links expire, rabble rabble), so i just pay more.

I usually excahnge nothing. Exchange rates are terrible right now. I just sell shit for what I think its worth and fill in my currency as I go.

Though, finally getting in to level 70++ maps has bumped my currency quite a bit. As long as I don't dick around with people asking ridiculous prices for gear, I can avoid most of the issues of a sheep leading sheep economy.

Though, finally getting in to level 70++ maps has bumped my currency quite a bit. As long as I don't dick around with people asking ridiculous prices for gear, I can avoid most of the issues of a sheep leading sheep economy.

Really? Why is that?

Higher ilvl gear is easier to sell. :p

ahh okay. So it has nothing to do with better currency drop rates or anything like that...

What's weird to me is that with a base quantity of 40, then adding another 20-40 with a blue map, i still get like 1 transmutation orb out of a map (and SOOOOOOO many useless whites cluttering my screen).

Did they remove quantity from the currency drop rate?

In anarchy I seen 80 chaos for a single exalted and on Sunday I think one went for 22 gcp.

On another note, how is it possible for a minion/cold witch to kill the third leader in act2 the one in pools/streams or whatever. I mean that melee guy literally kills all of my minions in one shot and my zombies have 1700HP and my skellies have 1200HP. I am stuck and will have to grind four to five levels I guess.../sigh

In anarchy I seen 80 chaos for a single exalted and on Sunday I think one went for 22 gcp.

On another note, how is it possible for a minion/cold witch to kill the third leader in act2 the one in pools/streams or whatever. I mean that melee guy literally kills all of my minions in one shot and my zombies have 1700HP and my skellies have 1200HP. I am stuck and will have to grind four to five levels I guess.../sigh

Good supports and good minion gear (plus leveled gems). Oak can be tough, but it was never a stumbling block for my minion build.

Well I didn't have a problem with him in normal, its only on cruel that he stops me every time. And what type of gear for minions? I'm just at a loss, and just going to move on until I am like 5 or 6 levels above him for now...

Well I didn't have a problem with him in normal, its only on cruel that he stops me every time. And what type of gear for minions? I'm just at a loss, and just going to move on until I am like 5 or 6 levels above him for now...

I have all kinds of uniques for summoning peoples. No idea if they are actually used though, because none of them strike me as being very good, aside from their minion boosts.

Ah. I wonder what the reasoning behind that was.

GGG said:
A frequently requested change is a "Map to Maker" system. Traditionally, players who want to play Maps with strangers run the risk of having the Map drops grabbed by people who didn't pay the cost to create the area. In 0.11.0, white Maps allocate to the creator of the Map for all types of parties. This will mean that it's safer allow friends or strangers into an area that you have spent a Map or currency on. Magic/Rare/Unique maps follow the normal loot allocation rules so it's still possible to find Maps if you are playing in someone else's area.

Same reason they were reluctant to add FFA looting I imagine... loot tension I guess.

I have all kinds of uniques for summoning peoples. No idea if they are actually used though, because none of them strike me as being very good, aside from their minion boosts.

Minion boosts are kind of a big deal. I still use Sidhebreath and Bones of Ullr at level 80. Neither are worth very much currency, but having extra minions is key. My dozen skellies have 5.5khp each, 8 zombies at 12khp each and 3 spectres with ??? hp each rock. In fact, I'm kind of amazed at the ability to clear higher level maps with what crappy gear I have.

Minion boosts are kind of a big deal. I still use Sidhebreath and Bones of Ullr at level 80. Neither are worth very much currency, but having extra minions is key. My dozen skellies have 5.5khp each, 8 zombies at 12khp each and 3 spectres with ??? hp each rock. In fact, I'm kind of amazed at the ability to clear higher level maps with what crappy gear I have.

But no one likes summoners, they are slow as hell, and no one likes summoners. Did I mention that no one likes summoners?

But no one likes summoners, they are slow as hell, and no one likes summoners. Did I mention that no one likes summoners?

Why, whatever do you mean? :cool:

Truth is, minion totems are worse when it comes to screen spam. I could easily swap in a setup with even more minions and/or totems, but I like to be able to control traffic and do good dps at the same time, so I made a good 5L FP setup instead of pure summoner. Pure summoner would feel too slow for me. I can deal with a fewer minions.

Not a ton of people like to group with us, especially melee. But, I haven't had too much trouble with that.

I've never had much issue as a summoner, the trick is that you don't need all of your minions all the time. If I'm with another person or two that doesn't need to be carried I'll only use the zombies and spectres. If the other person is melee, I'll only run spectres since they are my dps and always ranged. Add in the multiple auras and muliple curses that I run, most folks seem to stick around in groups with me for quite a while.

Summoners don't need to block. The whole purpose of Queen's Decree is the + skellies and duration boost for such a low level item. If that was a wand or dagger or something, it would be massively OP for level 27. Especially if you could use a summoner shield with it.

And did you mean http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Matua_Tupuna ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back