Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game doesn't even start till cruel imo, since you don't regularly see 4L / 5L items or truly challenging mobs until then.

---

I must say I'm getting tired of the excessive spell effects when in a full group, which in turn rapes my fps. One would think a 6870x2 + i7 @ 3.5ghz would be able to keep up...

People complained about the lack of spell effects for a long time as they thought the game didn't look epic. Now when people start dropping totems everyone complains about too many spell effects. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. LOL! :)

It's not the amount of effects that's the problem. It's their poor optimization and bugginess. I won't group with anyone using ice shot if I have a choice.

It's not the amount of effects that's the problem. It's their poor optimization and bugginess. I won't group with anyone using ice shot if I have a choice.

What's wrong with Ice Shot? Me and my buddy built around him using ice shot and me using ice spear with cold penetration and projectile weakness curses.

I mean to say, i've seen him use it A LOT. I never noticed anything bad about it.

The one effect i will say that i don't enjoy, is the poison shot (or whatever it's called). When the chaos dmg poison is up, you can't see shit.

The one effect i will say that i don't enjoy, is the poison shot (or whatever it's called). When the chaos dmg poison is up, you can't see shit.

I joined a random group yesterday and someone looked to be using GMP LMP poison arrow. Needless to say I left that group pretty quickly.

What's wrong with Ice Shot? Me and my buddy built around him using ice shot and me using ice spear with cold penetration and projectile weakness curses.

I mean to say, i've seen him use it A LOT. I never noticed anything bad about it.

It causes extreme choppiness. Lightning arrow as well, but not as bad.

Are you saying that greater and lesser multiple projectiles can stack?

I'm like 99% sure they can, I don't see why they couldn't; They're different support gems. GMP adds 4 projectiles, LMP adds 2. The mana cost would probably be pretty high but I don't see why you couldn't do it.

I have a GMP + Fork poison arrow build that I only use solo due to people getting lagged from the clouds. It doesn't cause any problems on my end, but a buddy of mine was very disoriented with me spamming it.

I'm like 99% sure they can, I don't see why they couldn't; They're different support gems. GMP adds 4 projectiles, LMP adds 2. The mana cost would probably be pretty high but I don't see why you couldn't do it.

this game is awesome.

Have you guys had any issues recently with dying from desync? I had a level 46 witch go up in flames because everything stopped moving and then I was dead...

I've not seend desynch outside of milliseconds, no.

One thing you might try is hitting "F1" and when you think it might be an issue based on latency issues, it should show up there and you can alt-f4 it out.

I know some of the hardcore, harcore guys use this to get around it. As some people seems to have more issues with it than others.

I just died at lvl 83 doing Vaal runs as a service for currency. It was like my 10th one, and I wasn't paying attention and was way too casual. Got one shot lol

I just died at lvl 83 doing Vaal runs as a service for currency. It was like my 10th one, and I wasn't paying attention and was way too casual. Got one shot lol

you seem to be taking it a lot better than I would. Guess that's why I don't play hardcore.

you seem to be taking it a lot better than I would. Guess that's why I don't play hardcore.

It's actually no where near as bad in this game as it is in something like Diablo 3. In PoE, the same currency is good from lvl 1 to lvl 100, so you're still finding good stuff while you level up.

I was bored of him anyway, but i would never have played anything else while he was alive.

Did maps all weekend with a bit of docks runs in between.

Once you get 70+ I suggest getting in on some maps groups. They're difficult, stressful, but oh so rewarding.

It's actually no where near as bad in this game as it is in something like Diablo 3. In PoE, the same currency is good from lvl 1 to lvl 100, so you're still finding good stuff while you level up.

Yea this is one of my favorite things about this game. Time spent with new or different characters is not time wasted, and if you're working on an alt, you are also farming for your main.

Yea this is one of my favorite things about this game. Time spent with new or different characters is not time wasted, and if you're working on an alt, you are also farming for your main.

In a way that's true, but at the same time finding a 5L level 28 item isn't nearly as valuable as finding a 5L level 63 item or something. The currency is worth the same no matter what, but the items aren't.

Either way I still find leveling alts fun in this game. Of course having a Silverbranch kinda skews that a bit...it's something I recommend everyone buy and keep in their stash :p

In a way that's true, but at the same time finding a 5L level 28 item isn't nearly as valuable as finding a 5L level 63 item or something. The currency is worth the same no matter what, but the items aren't.

Either way I still find leveling alts fun in this game. Of course having a Silverbranch kinda skews that a bit...it's something I recommend everyone buy and keep in their stash :p

Yea that's true for sure. I've been farming Act 1 merciless (woot finally got there) rather than act 3 cruel because of the difference in gear quality.

Of course having a Silverbranch kinda skews that a bit...it's something I recommend everyone buy and keep in their stash :p

Because it is a level 1 item with good DPS and you can twink new characters with it?

Because it is a level 1 item with good DPS and you can twink new characters with it?

Speaking of level one uniques, do all of them follow this pattern? (or are there high-level uniques too?)

I got a unique in act 3 cruel which was itemlevel 52, but has no minimum level requirement, and also has really poor evasion rating.

Basically, although the DPS isn't as important as the +2 to bow gems. Stick poison arrow in it and get a +dex amulet(for the dex requirements of leveling up poison arrow) and you'll breeze through normal difficulty. When you're on your third, fourth, etc character it's nice to be able to get through the first 30 levels at an accelerated pace. Some builds don't really become useful until you've got a good number of points in them, and this allows you to get there much more easily.

Speaking of level one uniques, do all of them follow this pattern? (or are there high-level uniques too?)

I got a unique in act 3 cruel which was itemlevel 52, but has no minimum level requirement, and also has really poor evasion rating.

Uniques have set stats. Some stats have a range but it doesn't change based on itemlevel. I don't think itemlevel makes a difference for uniques at all aside from maybe socketing/linking possibilities. There are high-level uniques based on higher-level armor/weapons. Silverbranch in particular is useful for starting new characters because it can be used by any level 1 character and grants +2 to the level of bow gems socketed in it, which is particularly powerful for certain bow gems(poison arrow in particular). You can cruise on silverbranch+poison arrow for quite some time.

Uniques have set stats. Some stats have a range but it doesn't change based on itemlevel. I don't think itemlevel makes a difference for uniques at all aside from maybe socketing/linking possibilities. There are high-level uniques based on higher-level armor/weapons. Silverbranch in particular is useful for starting new characters because it can be used by any level 1 character and grants +2 to the level of bow gems socketed in it, which is particularly powerful for certain bow gems(poison arrow in particular). You can cruise on silverbranch+poison arrow for quite some time.

Gotcha thanks.

I know i asked this before, but it still confuses me. All white belts/rings/quivers/amulets will have the same exact range of possibilities regardless of itemlevel, correct?

I'm confused because the highest energy shield belt i've seen was +20. Often times they're crappier, like +9 to energy shield, from a belt that dropped in Merciless. It says it's a higher item level, but i've tried to craft these higher item-level items but they end up rolling worse than my itemlevel 23 belt.

:confused:

Also, why does the energy shield belt give half as much as the HP belt? (i've seen a 40 HP belt)

Gotcha thanks.

I know i asked this before, but it still confuses me. All white belts/rings/quivers/amulets will have the same exact range of possibilities regardless of itemlevel, correct?

They'll have the same range of their implicit stat; That is to say, a Leather belt at level 8 and a Leather belt at level 68 will have a maximum base hp stat of +40. The random stats(the item affixes) are restricted by itemlevel, and you can get much better affixes on higher ilevel items.

Also, why does the energy shield belt give half as much as the HP belt? (i've seen a 40 HP belt)

I'm not entirely sure, although it may come down to the amount of +ES% you can get(because you can get global ES% on gear I believe) and the way ES works(super fast regen after the delay is up). That's just the way they chose to design things I guess.

They'll have the same range of their implicit stat; That is to say, a Leather belt at level 8 and a Leather belt at level 68 will have a maximum base hp stat of +40. The random stats(the item affixes) are restricted by itemlevel, and you can get much better affixes on higher ilevel items.

I'm not entirely sure, although it may come down to the amount of +ES% you can get(because you can get global ES% on gear I believe) and the way ES works(super fast regen after the delay is up). That's just the way they chose to design things I guess.

Thanks much. I understand a lot better now!

Thanks much. I understand a lot better now!

If you go to the Path of Exile website you can see all of the item affixes, whether they're prefixes or suffixes, what ilevel they require, and whether they're weapon-only or whatever.

Its a lot more then d3. There's so many skills in this game and all the skill gems and ways you can link them. Thats what i love about this game no 2 guys will be the same

loving this game, but there are some serious lag issues and bugs out the wazoo, granted its a beta. i wish there were more differences in the skills for each class, rather than just making it more roundabout for certain classes to attain certain skills, i would like to see unique abilities for each class. that said i love the depth of it and the currency item idea is interesting, although i have yet to fully grasp the value of each currency.

been trying this game and got to the last part of act3 and lost.
how do you get across the bridge?
I think I have done every quest and can not find how to break the seal or go around or what?

been trying this game and got to the last part of act3 and lost.
how do you get across the bridge?
I think I have done every quest and can not find how to break the seal or go around or what?

You haven't done every quest then. There's a guy in town, the messed-up-looking guy, he'll tell you to find the Gemling Queen. After that it should be straightforward.

My motherboard bit the shit, gonna be a few days until I'm back up and running. On the positive side, it's an excuse to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back