Overclockers Australia catching up?

It's interesting to look at the top producers for OCAU and the [H]orde. They have seven 10k+ppd people to our three and fifteen 5k+ppd people to our seven. Seriously--take out their top four producers, and there goes the current ppd gap. Kudos to Silicon_Wars for the work he's doing...

Yep, with that addon, they've cut the lead to about 3.4 million. :(

p[H]ant0m said:
Yep, with that addon, they've cut the lead to about 3.4 million. :(
We can overcome that though....Get 20 2KPPD producers and we are getting somewhere.
:)

It is not as daunting as it looks.

Their latest big hitter is only online during school break I think, Silcon we all know the ups and downs there. My guess is things will be close, very close.

Right now, I've never seen such a massive spanking we all are taking. 120K PPD +

marty9876 said:
Their latest big hitter is only online during school break I think, Silcon we all know the ups and downs there. My guess is things will be close, very close.

Right now, I've never seen such a massive spanking we all are taking. 120K PPD +
Have you gotten those new machines up yet? :)

AtomicMoose said:
Have you gotten those new machines up yet? :)

well, umm, yes and no. Yes, cranked on them for a week. Had to do an emergancy boxen swap in a market so now these are preped and sitting on a pallet set to ship today. On the plus side, ordered their replacements and should have next week. Net result is +25 in the field once done, I missed out on a long interupted burn in thou. Odds are, this next order the deploy will shift so I can burn a little longer on these.

Lot of work setting these up, knocking down re imaging etc. :eek: << my yawn face for now.

marty9876 said:
well, umm, yes and no. Yes, cranked on them for a week. Had to do an emergancy boxen swap in a market so now these are preped and sitting on a pallet set to ship today. On the plus side, ordered their replacements and should have next week. Net result is +25 in the field once done, I missed out on a long interupted burn in thou. Odds are, this next order the deploy will shift so I can burn a little longer on these.

Lot of work setting these up, knocking down re imaging etc. :eek: << my yawn face for now.
I know exactly how much work it is...

Does ghost have a 32 bit client? I use the 32bit rdeploy from altiris to do imaging, 2 gig images go on in 3 to 4 minutes from a USB hard drive using UBCD4. Makes things a lot easier, unless you're using a ghost server...

Oh, and I just sent an email to a couple of people, we'll see what they say. They might not show up under my name, but i'll make sure they're on team 33 if they're a go. We'll have to do testing at first though.

AtomicMoose said:
Use it everyday....what do you need to know?

Got this bootable CDROM from a guy here at [H]. I managed to gut the poor thing to add drivers for Intel 915 motherboard I have (onboard Intel NIC). Now I have a Intel 945 GTP motherboard (new baseline) and I can't for the life of me get the drivers right. Intel Pro 100/VE NIC onboard. I've tried pulling the DOS drivers and dropping them everywhere on the Cd..... makes me nuts!

Slows down imaging, pull the drives from these boxen to 915 bases boxen. Some boxen hard to pull drives, makes it a PITA.

edit: using ghost server. And how the heck you moving 2 gig anything in a few minutes ND?

I don't use a multicast server anymore because of these problems....

Here is what I did:

There is a "server" that just has a freaking huge drive with images that I have built.
I created an IP boot disk using BartPE and loaded all my own stuff on there including drivers for all of the models of machine we have here.
Boot from the CD, DHCP assigns an address, authenticate to the "server", pick an image, and go.

I like to keep things simple.

Only drawback is, that when we get a newer model of machine, I need to build an image for it and push it up to the "server". But all in all, it doesn't take that long.

marty9876 said:
Got this bootable CDROM from a guy here at [H]. I managed to gut the poor thing to add drivers for Intel 915 motherboard I have (onboard Intel NIC). Now I have a Intel 945 GTP motherboard (new baseline) and I can't for the life of me get the drivers right. Intel Pro 100/VE NIC onboard. I've tried pulling the DOS drivers and dropping them everywhere on the Cd..... makes me nuts!

Slows down imaging, pull the drives from these boxen to 915 bases boxen. Some boxen hard to pull drives, makes it a PITA.

edit: using ghost server. And how the heck you moving 2 gig anything in a few minutes ND?

Try using the UBCD4 (ultimate boot cd). It boots you into a 32 bit Windows PE environment and it includes drivers for almost all of the nics. I personally use a usb 60 gig hard drive and UBCD recognizes the drive if it's plugged in when you boot up. The altiris has a 32 bit client as well as a 16 bit, I believe Norton does as well. I use the 32 bit rdeploy client and push the image down from the usb hard drive, you get great transfer speeds because your in the 32 bit environment.

Works the same way accross ethernet, especially if you're using gig switches. I imagine if you boot with the UBCD, run the 32 bit version of norton ghost and push it down from the server, you'll see good increase in speed. The 16 bit versions are dog slow compared to the 32 bit.

AtomicMoose said:
Yes they do.

There's your answer, BartPE/UBCD4, a godsend to the corp. world...also, having one image that lets you choose your HAL is nice too. I can walk around with a 4 gig usb drive and image any system in our environment...

AtomicMoose said:
I don't use a multicast server anymore because of these problems....

Here is what I did:

There is a "server" that just has a freaking huge drive with images that I have built.
I created an IP boot disk using BartPE and loaded all my own stuff on there including drivers for all of the models of machine we have here.
Boot from the CD, DHCP assigns an address, authenticate to the "server", pick an image, and go.

I like to keep things simple.

Only drawback is, that when we get a newer model of machine, I need to build an image for it and push it up to the "server". But all in all, it doesn't take that long.

IP boot disk/maps server share w/ ghost.exe then restore from local drive (server share) basically right?

Still needs NIC drivers, I think Barts PE might use Windows/Plug N Play stuff thou. Been a while since I messed w/ Barts.

So cool attaching 25+ boxen to server and imaging them all at once. Honestly takes longest booting the systems/attaching thou.

I do a cross between the two of you guys, use an XPe CD (REATOGO), and just make sure I have all my SCSI floppies around since thats what we run in our boxen. Fire up the portable USB drive and ghost the machine. Takes about 10 minutes from the time you boot until the time your in Mini-setup readding the machine to the domain. :D

The [H]orde appears to have beat the Roos on the last update.
Keep on folding, recruit new [H]ard Members, borg, and have a Roo Burger for dinner. :)

dekard said:
Probably couldn't afford to pay the electric bill. :)

Or, his borg's cost him his job...

As secretive as he may be, I do belive he has permission to borg...

driver said:
Hey I'm just the spokesperson :) Besides I don't work in the Redlands, so theres no point asking. As for the true location, thats our little secret!

We have permission, we just don't want any publicity. Please no speculation on this topic! I hope you all understand.

I'm not going to disclose the true CPU numbers either. But i will say we can easily max out a 256Kbit UPLOAD link for just folding :D

sobe said:
As secretive as he may be, I do belive he has permission to borg...

Interesting way to handle it... Can't argue with something like that... It does make me really wonder why he's offline tho...

dekard said:
Interesting way to handle it... Can't argue with something like that... It does make me really wonder why he's offline tho...
From what I understand, their network connection isn't so hot, and goes down periodically.

256Kbit UPLOAD link

Well, theirs your problem right there... wow, talk about cramming 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag....

Mohonri said:
From what I understand, their network connection isn't so hot, and goes down periodically.
So, when they come back there's going to be a ton of completed work units....

marty9876 said:
Well, theirs your problem right there... wow, talk about cramming 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag....
They have 23 cpu's folding... And they are #8 on the list of global donators... Wth kind of proc's are they running?? And how the heck can they saturate a 256k upload with 23 procs?!?

Their stats are skewered because they use an image that has the cpuid in it, so when they send back work, regardless of where it comes from, Stanford thinks it's one machine.

p[H]ant0m said:
Their stats are skewered because they use an image that has the cpuid in it, so when they send back work, regardless of where it comes from, Stanford thinks it's one machine.
I was wondering if that was the case... there's no way 23 cpu's could do those kind of numbers...

dekard said:
So, when they come back there's going to be a ton of completed work units....
That's exactly right--to the tune of 250,000 points in two updates, typically, IIRC.

Most of my farm has been down to a move, and having to save money (forced move on little notice)...so my production has suffered since mid-April. I hope to have some more of the farm back up in 1-2 weeks, so that'll help a little.

I'd like to get one of the X2 3800s when AMD drops the price on the 24th of July as is rumored. That'll make for a good drop-in replacement of my 2.53ghz 3500 model...as long as I can OC the chip even to 2.4ghz x 2 cores.

Bill Clo said:
I'd like to get one of the X2 3800s when AMD drops the price on the 24th of July as is rumored. That'll make for a good drop-in replacement of my 2.53ghz 3500 model...as long as I can OC the chip even to 2.4ghz x 2 cores.

2.4 shouldn't be a problem- i have one of the early X2 3800's - does 2.5 with good air cooling (Big Typhoon)

meisterbrau

Yes, I know the X2 3800s can easily do 2.4ghz. I'm not sure if the low power consumption versions can do so as well. They seem to be as scarce as hen's teeth. If I don't find any at a reasonable price, I might just stay with the regular old X2 3800s when the rumored price reduction comes down (July 24 is rumored to be the date).

been borgen' comps anywhere I can ..and now moving to borging alot of smoothwall boxes that I have setup for myself and at work ..thin clients when I dont need to use them for Fed core4 K12-ltsp get win98se loaded up and running fah at nite and weekends ..

..as was stated ...every little bit helps

[F]old|[H]ard

Keep on recruiting and borging!

While the Roos are catching us, their overtake rate has decreased. It's looking like 1.4 months until they get the trophy -- still! Let's redouble our efforts and hold them off until our September university labs come back on line.

Fold on!

That first one is only 175 bucks. Who knows how maximal speed 200 MFLOPS
summary speed 3,2 GFLOPS compares to a P4?

Think oculd install Foldix on it?

Oldbenwa, road trip?

Back