Outriders (Bulletstorm developer)

They need to allow legendaries to drop from crates again, at least in certain areas or under certain conditions. After they disabled that in the demo doing the bounties/assassinations or completing story missions at the appropriate World Tier are currently the only ways to get legendaries in the campaign.
Legendaries should have a chance to drop from any enemy or container. Diablo got this right.

They need to allow legendaries to drop from crates again, at least in certain areas or under certain conditions. After they disabled that in the demo doing the bounties/assassinations or completing story missions at the appropriate World Tier are currently the only ways to get legendaries in the campaign.
That doesn't bother me much. I look at the campaign as something you blitz through to get to the endgame and thus far, expedition rewards have been quite lucrative. Eventually you'll be drowning in drop pod resources and you can just buy them.

It's getting close to Anthem if the game keeps doing this....I signed the petition for offline mode.

Last edited:
They fixed the HUD bug with the patch yesterday. I don't think I had any inventory crashes either in a few hours of expeditions with a friend. DX12 stutters are supposed to be fixed as well, it seemed a bit smoother but I didn't have the issue that badly.

They fixed the HUD bug with the patch yesterday. I don't think I had any inventory crashes either in a few hours of expeditions with a friend. DX12 stutters are supposed to be fixed as well, it seemed a bit smoother but I didn't have the issue that badly.

I went back to the latest driver and DX12, still stuttering on my 5800x/3090 system. So disappointing.

I really enjoyed Bulletstorm, playing the original and Full-Clip Edition, so I was looking forward to this.

But I had to create a Square Enix account just to play the demo and the game was much more like Gears of War than Bulletstorm.

Sadly, this is a hard pass for me!

I really enjoyed Bulletstorm, playing the original and Full-Clip Edition, so I was looking forward to this.

But I had to create a Square Enix account just to play the demo and the game was much more like Gears of War than Bulletstorm.

Sadly, this is a hard pass for me!

When you actually put time in, you realize its nothing like Gears and more like Diablo with guns. Builds, skills, synergy, abilities. Many different ways to play across the four classes.

So the patch that was supposed to fix inventory wipes expanded and made them worse? Nice job, PCF. At least they can restore your inventory, but how long is it going to take for them to go through all the accounts affected?
I wouldn't be so sure about that. It's been said that they can't guarantee your epics will have the same stats. I was one of the few that encountered this same inventory wipe back in the demo, and while they only restored legendaries, I can confirm they were random rolls. I hope they have a much better restore system this time around.

Finally got my Pyro build crushing c15 expeditions. This game is a lot of fun. I really hope the get the major bug situation under control this week.

As soon as Jim looses weight I'll take him seriously. Some of my favorite people were Fat Guys who knew how to articulate words.

Last edited:
If I see a review where they're in early game and still getting green's to drop, I can't take it seriously. The game doesn't begin until you beat the campaign.

If I see a review where they're in early game and still getting green's to drop, I can't take it seriously. The game doesn't begin until you beat the campaign.
The furthest he shows in that video is the end of The First City, which is the first place you go after the demo area. Level 10 on WT4. Must have died a whole lot :ROFLMAO:. I was only level 6 at that point. Since level 16 and WT6 I have been getting nothing but blues and purples from random drops. Only place I find greens now is crates.

I am only bummed out that anomaly rounds seems to be the most viable builds for end game.

That Steam page is 205 pages long with people losing gear keeps growing. Not 205 posts 205 pages.

90 hours in, so far so good and the crashes have significantly subsided. Bottom tree devastator fully specced into anomaly power and bleed is probably weaker than others but I'm hanging with my technomancer/Blighted Round buddy in CT15 no problem.

20210415080216_1.jpg

New Outriders Update Prevents Inventory Wipe Bug

People Can Fly has released a new Outriders update that should prevent further instances of the dreaded inventory wipe bug, where some players had their characters' inventories essentially deleted...this Outriders update, weighing 874.1 MB on PC, doesn't restore their lost inventories yet...this will come at a later date, the developers said...

https://www.reddit.com/r/outriders/...ders_inventory_wipe_prevention_patch_out_now/

Outriders players will get 'God Roll' replacements for lost inventories

Publisher Square Enix said today the update is "successfully deployed and continuing to prevent any further complete inventory wipes," and that means it can finally start working on other things, including inventory restorations...the further good news, for a lot of players, is that the returned equipment will be in better shape—possibly much better shape—than when it was lost

"Items granted will have the same attribute combinations but with God Roll values. This means that these items will be at least the same if not better quality than the originally lost items," Square Enix explained. "Items will be granted at the character’s highest available equip level taking World Tiers and Challenge Tiers into consideration."...

https://www.reddit.com/r/outriders/...?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Outriders players will get 'God Roll' replacements for lost inventories

Publisher Square Enix said today the update is "successfully deployed and continuing to prevent any further complete inventory wipes," and that means it can finally start working on other things, including inventory restorations...the further good news, for a lot of players, is that the returned equipment will be in better shape—possibly much better shape—than when it was lost

"Items granted will have the same attribute combinations but with God Roll values. This means that these items will be at least the same if not better quality than the originally lost items," Square Enix explained. "Items will be granted at the character’s highest available equip level taking World Tiers and Challenge Tiers into consideration."...

https://www.reddit.com/r/outriders/...?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Kinda wish my character would have lost his inventory.

I haven't played in a couple days and don't plan to again until they fix the endgame.

I haven't played in a couple days because there isn't much endgame at all. You get to CT15.. then what? Game over, I guess.
Grind better guns i suppose. Eventually there will be some new zones released to do more of that in, as well.

Grind better guns i suppose. Eventually there will be some new zones released to do more of that in, as well.
Or, play other games which is what i'm doing now.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...t-seem-to-be-a-high-priority/?sh=3626df405ca9

The legendary drop rate is obscenely low pretty much anywhere but CT14-15, and by the time you get to CT15 and can finally get the legendaries you want, what are you even grinding for?

Still loved playing the game but its over relatively quick if you grind hard. I'll pick it back up when there is more to do.

They need some PVE based PVP modes. Racing another team to clear areas would be fun and give you something to grind for after you've gotten gold on everything. A horde mode where you try to outlast another team could be fun as well.

Played the demo, feels kind of like if mass effect and destiny had a baby. Not sure if I liked it enough to buy at this point.

Its free on Xbox with the Game Pass, so i tried it out. It was fun for a bit, but i just kept finding things that frustrated me and i eventually just stopped playing.

As someone who generally wouldn't play this kind of game solo, I started playing with my friend and we have played through level 23 (just hit world tier 8) and are having an absolutely blast. We connect on voice chat over steam and play coop and we are having so much fun. The challenge is perfect and the loot is coming at a pretty good rate the higher we go. We get multiple purples on almost every quest we run either from drops or rewards. Wanted missions are great for legendary rewards.

Back