Outriders (Bulletstorm developer)

Does it pay to spec in more than one tree for skill points?
At my place in the game it is. You can respec for free, so there is no reason to try and stick with one idea throughout the game. It's pretty much required to adapt with the gear you get since gear mods synergize completely with your skills and passives.
That issue is growing, its all over reddit. I'm almost worried to even login at this point. PCF has made no determination publicly yet how they plan to fully restore everyone.
Looks like the issue only comes up when you try to play multiplayer. If you solo you shouldn't run into the issue. I've made my game private for the time being until this bug gets squashed.

--Cut Paste---

Inventory WIPE !!!
After 70 hours, wiped my Inventory after a Game Crash, i lost most of my items (many Legendary ect.), i farm hour for hour to gear up my Pyro and now this, iam ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ sad....
After the Crash i cannot equip a Weapon at the first Weapon slot, this game and my character is complety broken...

Sorry People can Fly:
this simply must not happen in a looter game...
This happened to me in the demo. My legendary weapons were eventually restored by the devs, but that was all. I really hope they can restore all your gear.

I finished the story tonight at about 21 hours playtime. Overall it was a fun game, I didn't get bored of the gameplay so I will continue on with the Expeditions and may level up another character or two. The bugs are rampant though, I had a lot of crashes when trying to enter zones and one or two when trying to interact with vendors. I also have the HUD bug every single time I start the game. This game is in a much rougher state than Cyberpunk when I played it a few days after launch and ended up putting 100 hours into.

Some of the cutscenes towards the end were laughably bad, but otherwise the story was decent. I'll be interested to see where they take things with the eventual DLC.

Compared to other looter shooters I enjoyed it more than the Division which I beat but never played the end game and Borderlands 3 which I couldn't get into. I also enjoyed it way more than the last Gears of War which I got tired of halfway though but forced myself to finish. I'm not sure if it ranks up there with Destiny though, although I find Destiny too complicated to get back into. It's hard to beat Destiny raids in my book, probably some of the best coop content in a looter shooter.

I have not run into any bugs so far after 10 hours on the PC version. Game has been running smoothly since I updated my BIOS.

I just picked this up last night and it is pretty fun so far. I'm enjoying the b list syfy channel grade story and the world tiers.

The game forces you play aggressive and use your abilities frequently and correctly. Some bits come across as difficult but I think unforgiving is probably more accurate. In Destiny or Division you can play 90% of the game like a moron and even ignore your abilities and still clear content. You would have a tough time doing that here without turning down world difficulty.

I know this is more of a single player game but I do miss the social aspect of Destiny and Division. Even just the city hubs being populated with players would make the game feel more "alive".

I left the world tiers at 10 or so once I finished the story to start on Expeditions and really improve my build. Now at Expedition tier 11 and decided to take a break and run some world stuff and realized that your world tier is completely unaffected by leveling your gear in Expeditions.

All my weapons and armor are level 43 where as on WT10, purples are dropping at 36 or so. Well, i guess i'll just keeping grinding WT again to max that out at least until things drop on level or are upgrades.

67251e8ff18ab26a4508186311d3f41d0bf09a19.jpg
Pytchoun iconGames.png 33 minutes ago

Maintenance in 35 minutes
Maintenance in 35 minutes

https://www.reddit.com/user/thearcan

They had Ram issues with the servers lol I suppose maybe that is why inventory was vanishing on disconnects.
I wish there were local saves still I'm not sure I want to play till the coast is clear.

I guess I'll have to try the Trickster bullet build just to get a taste of it before it gets nerfed.

Also not liking that they are taking away a guaranteed Legendary farm option because of a multiplayer exploit. It would be better if they just fixed the exploit.

Wait, i just noticed they're shortening the timers for Chem Plant.

No! That one was so easy to get gold on!

Man, reddit is not happy.

Well, I can't blame them really. It's not a good sign that they took the easy way out for the exploit fix and add blanket nerfs a week into the game. If they keep nerfing all the fun stuff and push all the rewards to a single activity (expeditions) then the game will get old fast.

I don't get their hurry to balance the game, it's not PVP so let people have some fun for a month or two then rebalance when the game gets stale.

Expeditions being really the only endgame content is a little suspect. Something needs to be done. My buddies and I are nearly at CT15.. then what?

I guess start a different class.

I left the world tiers at 10 or so once I finished the story to start on Expeditions and really improve my build. Now at Expedition tier 11 and decided to take a break and run some world stuff and realized that your world tier is completely unaffected by leveling your gear in Expeditions.

All my weapons and armor are level 43 where as on WT10, purples are dropping at 36 or so. Well, i guess i'll just keeping grinding WT again to max that out at least until things drop on level or are upgrades.
The wearable item level and dropped gear cap on WT10 is only +7. That is why you're only seeing level 36 gear. WT15 is +12.

People complaining crazy about Nerfs maybe People will Fly showing gamers who the boss is.
Maybe post positive reviews next time =)

The wearable item level and dropped gear cap on WT10 is only +7. That is why you're only seeing level 36 gear. WT15 is +12.
Oh yeah I see that, I was more so just assuming that while you're grinding increasingly more challenging content in expeditions, finally going back to the world tier stuff it would have increased as well but it doesn't, completely seperate system.

Now the world stuff is incredibly easy and I have to endure a bunch of mindless grinding just to get it up to where i'm actually having to play the game properly.

I caught a comment on reddit that in terms of difficulty, WT15 is roughly on par with CT7 (Challenge Tier 7 in Expeditions). Not really sure how true that is.

Welp, within a week they effectively killed everything I liked about this game. This was one of the reasons why I avoid "multiplayer" games these days. Social media truly is the worst thing to happen to the world.
balancing ruins almost everything, strips all fun from so many games.

Welp, within a week they effectively killed everything I liked about this game. This was one of the reasons why I avoid "multiplayer" games these days. Social media truly is the worst thing to happen to the world.
So what is the best game like this? Destiny 2 seems overly complex, especially trying to start now.
Borderlands 3(or 2)?

So what is the best game like this? Destiny 2 seems overly complex, especially trying to start now.
Borderlands 3(or 2)?
That's the thing. People Can Fly are making the same mistakes that caused the population in those games to dwindle. It seems no game with an online component is safe from this kind of treatment.

Do the enemies vary later on it was foot soliders now I'm fighting bugs and lava bugs.

I made a Dark Souls comparison thread on the Outriders message board someone wrote this lol.

iconGames.png 13 minutes ago

forum_topicicon_reply.png
Originally posted by Squirrel_Choker:
Originally posted by sLipGate:
Man it's hard...
Dark souls is better because it is actually hard but skill plays a big part. This is just stupid. I am sitting here unloading nonstop ammo until I have no bullets left and no place to go to get ammo. This game seems like they tried to make like dark souls but none of them had ever played dark souls. THis game just gives everything a ♥♥♥♥ ton of health, wall hacks and aim bot and throws it at you. People Can Fly went about it the wrong way.

Dark souls had rolls that dodge attacks. 75% of the time a roll in outriders gets you pulled backwards back into the brood mothers attack because its hitbox was designed by a vegetable and your immunity frames are at 0. Remnant from the ashes did better rolling

Borderlands 3(or 2)?
These types of games always go through the waves of nerf/buffs. Once something is broken from a nerf or buff, it is publicly exploited and then the game developers go back and try to fix it, which breaks other things, so there is a revolving fix/break these types of games have.

These types of games always go through the waves of nerf/buffs. Once something is broken from a nerf or buff, it is publicly exploited and then the game developers go back and try to fix it, which breaks other things, so there is a revolving fix/break these types of games have.
They always run things. Just leave good enough alone. Never nerf, just improve what is underperforming. I am still mad about Diablo 3 having the Demon Hunter turret build nerfed.

That's not a sustainable method for healthy game development as you just end up with power creep. Sometimes outliers need to be reigned in.
Yes but healthy and planned development rarely happen, and half the time they nerf something into the ground and then leave it there never to be touched again.

That's not a sustainable method for healthy game development as you just end up with power creep. Sometimes outliers need to be reigned in.
I understand that there were some things legitimately broken, specifically with ammo powers, but maybe hold off on the nerfs to see how things are performing after applying those fixes? I especially noticed how the Vulnerability nerf is really bad for everybody. I'm kind of dreading going back to my Trickster.

Yes but healthy and planned development rarely happen, and half the time they nerf something into the ground and then leave it there never to be touched again.
Maybe, bit that wasn't the point being made. You can't just constantly buff everything.
I understand that there were some things legitimately broken, specifically with ammo powers, but maybe hold off on the nerfs to see how things are performing after applying those fixes? I especially noticed how the Vulnerability nerf is really bad for everybody. I'm kind of dreading going back to my Trickster.

Oh for sure, these came too soon with hardly anyone besides streamers even at endgame.

true, but I's rather see powercreep and constant buffing than have things nerfed into being broken and useless then left there forever, which has been the vast majority of nerfs I've experienced.

Is till don't get the appeal of replaying the same story mission. It doesn't make sense from the perspective of a story.

I agree, but it's what this game is based on. I'm not sure I will do them over and over but it's good for a break from expeditions if you really want a legendary.

Hopefully they add something more dynamic in a DLC.

I agree, but it's what this game is based on. I'm not sure I will do them over and over but it's good for a break from expeditions if you really want a legendary.

Hopefully they add something more dynamic in a DLC.
They need to allow legendaries to drop from crates again, at least in certain areas or under certain conditions. After they disabled that in the demo doing the bounties/assassinations or completing story missions at the appropriate World Tier are currently the only ways to get legendaries in the campaign.

Back