Official PS5 Thread

My only 'problem' with my PS5 is I cannot put it in rest mode. Doing so shuts down the unit and does not allow a restart up from the controller. Seems to be a known problem.
Yea i'd have sony warranty that, not normal.

Honestly not sure why we even have a "rest" mode. The console takes like 5 seconds to boot up from being shut down, and can still be started with the controller lol. I've had the "don't unplug your console you idiot" error message twice now so I've stopped using rest and it makes very little difference to me, if it wasn't for the fact that you can't use remote play while shutdown instead of rest I wouldn't be able to tell the difference at all.

I like the rest mode - the game's load quick true, but I can bypass that initial Title Screen menu and start immediately where I left off in Spider-Man.

That's been my favourite feature of consoles (since the PS4/Xbone) over PC - just being able to instantly jump into a suspended game.

Honestly not sure why we even have a "rest" mode. The console takes like 5 seconds to boot up from being shut down, and can still be started with the controller lol. I've had the "don't unplug your console you idiot" error message twice now so I've stopped using rest and it makes very little difference to me, if it wasn't for the fact that you can't use remote play while shutdown instead of rest I wouldn't be able to tell the difference at all.
I did a complete reset of my unit and the rest mode works correctly...for now.

At this point I can't even take people like you seriously. I didn't even say anything about a game at all. Literally take one second and Google it and you will see that there are known PS5 issues most of which have been acknowledged and taken care or are in the process of being taken care of. My god do you any you acting like you haven't heard anything look at any other sites besides this forum? :rolleyes:

This is reminding me of the certain guys you see pop up chronically in gaming threads complaining about bugs, or something they read somewhere about something, and they're not even playing the game. "Worst launch ever!" All it does is increases the noise floor.

And they fold when pressed- "But what specific problems are you having though?"

"I dunno, google it"

I want the kind of free time to worry about problems I don't even have.

This is reminding me of the certain guys you see pop up chronically in gaming threads complaining about bugs, or something they read somewhere about something, and they're not even playing the game. "Worst launch ever!" All it does is increases the noise floor.

And they fold when pressed- "But what specific problems are you having though?"

"I dunno, google it"

I want the kind of free time to worry about problems I don't even have.
Oh good grief. There is no point in me repeating all of the well-known documented issues as plenty of sites have already discussed this and it literally takes a few seconds of research to see a summary of the main issues that have been addressed already or will be addressed. It's not my fault that some of you are woefully ignorant on this subject or don't want to do any research and pretend that there has not been a single problem. FFS some of the issues have already been mentioned right here in this thread and still being ignored. Anyway I'm done with this thread. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh good grief. There is no point in me repeating all of the well-known documented issues as plenty of sites have already discussed this and it literally takes a few seconds of research to see a summary of the main issues that have been addressed already or will be addressed. It's not my fault that some of you are woefully ignorant on this subject or don't want to do any research and pretend that there has not been a single problem. FFS some of the issues have already been mentioned right here in this thread and still being ignored. Anyway I'm done with this thread. :rolleyes:
Yawn. Bored now.

There isn't much to the Maiden demo. It's roughly a 10-minute experience with minimal gameplay beyond find item/use item. Graphics weren't that impressive, either IMO. It looks last-gen, although I do at least appreciate that it's 60fps.

There isn't much to the Maiden demo. It's roughly a 10-minute experience with minimal gameplay beyond find item/use item. Graphics weren't that impressive, either IMO. It looks last-gen, although I do at least appreciate that it's 60fps.
Aside from the texture quality it looks pretty good. I'll have to wait to really judge it until I can give it a playthrough myself this weekend.

I need to play through RE7 again, but from what I remember, Maiden showed noticeably better image quality and models to me. I really wish Sony would have shipped a new VR unit for PS5 now so RE8 could support it, because playing through RE7 in VR was fuggin awesome for me on PS4. It's a real shame it didn't get VR support on PC, because I thought that game alone made it worth having a PSVR unit if you really like having the shit scared out of you constantly (which I do). But I would have definitely liked to enjoyed in on a better VR unit at better image quality than the PS4 Pro could even put out on it.

I want one of these but I forget how much I hated to keep buying PS plus cards every 6 months just to play online games.

I want one of these but I forget how much I hated to keep buying PS plus cards every 6 months just to play online games.

Last few years there's been $30 deals for 12 month subs a few times a year, one of which is always on Black Friday. I got 2 years worth for $60 last year to extend my sub to October 2022. I don't even play online, I just enjoy the free games every month, which most of the time there's at least one or two good game worth playing. Can't beat it for $2.50/month for the games alone, IMO. Still playing Man Eater and Shadow of the Tomb Raider right now, which were 2/3 games for this month.

Last few years there's been $30 deals for 12 month subs a few times a year, one of which is always on Black Friday. I got 2 years worth for $60 last year to extend my sub to October 2022. I don't even play online, I just enjoy the free games every month, which most of the time there's at least one or two good game worth playing. Can't beat it for $2.50/month for the games alone, IMO. Still playing Man Eater and Shadow of the Tomb Raider right now, which were 2/3 games for this month.

Speak of the devil.

Guys, there are literally half off PSN\XBL subscriptions bringing you total to $28-$30 weekly it seems.

Always popping up on Slickdeals.net from either ENEBA ( i think?) cd keys and etc

Solid. Though you could already play 1080p60, so it's less interesting than the games that have never had a 60FPS version at any res.

TLou2 is the 60FPS patch I'm really waiting for.

Yeah, it was more like 1080p50 most of the time on PS4 Pro (which is how I prefered to play it still when it launched), but locked 1080p60 on PS5 before this patch, which I played around with a bit myself on my PS5 and decided to wait a bit for the 4K60 patch before every trying another NG+ play through.

It's pretty annoying though they haven't at least announced any PS5 patch for TLoU2 though. I'm guessing they're waiting for the multiplayer DLC to put the PS5 enhancements behind some small paywall like the Spiderman Remaster (which $70 is hardly cheap for that). I don't recall if they said they'd be charging extra for the multiplayer DLC, but I'm assuming so since it will be a significant add-on and they're spending this much time on it. Maybe they'll add some extra stuff to the campaign too though, like some more unlockables. I would like to see them add a Hulk version of Abby and maybe trans the whole cast with blue/green/pink hair just to troll the haters that never played the game in the first place some more. :D

Hopefully we get both The Last of Us 2 and Uncharted 4 patches for 60fps. I'd even be happy with a moderate FPS boost similar to God of War on the PS4 Pro. TLoU2 is way more likely, but Uncharted 4 is running on the same engine and was a huge hit in its own right. If developers don't feel like spending the time/money to do it, I'd be open to paying for PS5 feature updates to older games. At least as long as they're only like $10.
I'm replaying TLoU2 right now (killing time prior to Nioh 2), and I will say that it's one of the smoothest 30fps games I can recall as-is. If they do still plan to add multiplayer, people will want the higher framerate, though.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Hopefully we get both The Last of Us 2 and Uncharted 4 patches for 60fps. I'd even be happy with a moderate FPS boost similar to God of War on the PS4 Pro. TLoU2 is way more likely, but Uncharted 4 is running on the same engine and was a huge hit in its own right. If developers don't feel like spending the time/money to do it, I'd be open to paying for PS5 feature updates to older games. At least as long as they're only like $10.
I'm replaying TLoU2 right now (killing time prior to Nioh 2), and I will say that it's one of the smoothest 30fps games I can recall as-is. If they do still plan to add multiplayer, people will want the higher framerate, though.

Same, I wouldn't mind paying a small price for a decent upgrade as well. If I remember right, Uncharted Multiplayer was 60 FPS in the previous titles, though I don't think TLOU multiplayer was on PS3, which is fine since that's not quite as fast paced. So it's possible they'll lower resolution even on base PS4 or Pro to give a 60 FPS option on multiplayer and make it probably make it standard on PS5. Damn if that game didn't have really good multiplayer though; one of the very few games I played online at least and thought the crafting and gun play was pretty well balanced and fair to where I could actually hang most of the time. So I'm actually kinda looking forward to it now.

But yeah, somehow ND makes their 30 FPS games feel much smoother than 30 FPS to me. Like most 1st party games though, it has nearly perfect frame pacing and rarely drops frames, which is crucial to that smoothness and also I think their motion blur is expertly implemented.

If anything needs a 60 FPS patch it's Bloodborne.

BIG TIME. The frame pacing and FPS in Bloodborne honestly hurt my eyes. Whenever I go back to replay the game, it takes several hours to get my eyes to adjust to it.
It's looking like we'll never see one, though. It's part of the PS5's bundle of PS4 games and completely untouched. That guy who made a homemade 60FPS patch for the PS4 pro is claiming that he wants to release it to people with modded PS4's. I guess there's that, but it doesn't help the other 99.99% of owners.

I tried to buy a PS5 for the first time today and succeeded on the first Walmart drop. It was 200x easier to get a ps5 than a new GPU.

TL/DR: Is it worth keeping my ps5 order just to play ps4 games at 1080p? Or should I cancel the order because the sooner I get a ps5, the sooner the 1 year warranty expires?

Now, I'm sitting here contemplating cancelling the ps5 order. I only have a 1080p projector. My home theater setup is kickass sound system, nice leather reclining chairs and nice big 110" screen.

I also have a nice G-sync lcd for my computer setup with an RTX 3070. I played FC5 on PC during past 3 weeks, which was fun. I'll likely get FC6 on PC. However, I sit all day at the computer for work and thus find my recliner & projector setup more comfortable off-hours. Plus, I have tendonitis from too much computer use so my right wrist hurts 90% of the time. A controller is more comfortable. But, my favorite genre is RTS, followed by ARPG.

Eventually I know I'll get a PS5, but could easily wait 1.5 years for more good games to be released. I just looked at current games and it seems there's really only 2-3 I'm remotely interested in. I ordered the PS5 because supposedly ps4 games are better on it, but I'd still only be running 1080p, 60hz. I'm not upgrading my projector until the bulb dies, which could be another 2-3 yrs.

I have quite a few PS4 games that I still haven't played through:
Marvel's Spider-man, God of War, Nioh 2, the Last of Us, AC: Origins, AC: Odyssey, Ghost of Tsushima, Shadow of War and Okami HD. So, I have a tendency to buy games and don't make the time to play them. I did complete Horizon ZD on PS4.

I will purchase a Nintendo Switch Pro day 1 along with BoTW2 when it comes out. I have 3 young kids, so a Switch is probably a better idea. But they also have gaming computers and enjoy playing Don't Starve together and Ark: Survival Evolved with their cousins.

I figured I could move the PS4 to the new sunroom addition on our house, where i wired it for surround sound and plan on getting a 70-75inch 4k TV this summer.

Last edited:
I tried to buy a PS5 for the first time today and succeeded on the first Walmart drop.

Now, I'm sitting here contemplating cancelling the order. I only have a 1080p projector. I also have a nice G-sync lcd for my computer setup with an RTX 3070.

Eventually I know I'll get a PS5, but could easily wait 1.5 years for more good games to be released. I just looked at current games and it seems there's really only 2-3 I'm remotely interested in. I ordered the PS5 because supposedly ps4 games are better on it, but I'd still only be running 1080p, 60hz. I'm not upgrading my projector until the bulb dies, which could be another 2-3 yrs.

I have quite a few PS4 games that I still haven't played through:
Marvel's Spider-man, God of War, Nioh 2, the Last of Us, AC: Origins, AC: Odyssey, Ghost of Tsushima, Shadow of War and Okami HD. So, I have a tendency to buy games and don't make the time to play them.

I did complete Horizon ZD on PS4.
So, is it worth keeping my ps5 order just to play ps4 games at 1080p? Or should I cancel the order because the sooner I get a ps5, the sooner the 1 year warranty expires?

I will purchase a Nintendo Switch Pro day 1 along with BoTW2 when it comes out. I have 3 young kids, so a Switch is probably a better idea. But they also have gaming computers and enjoy playing Don't Starve together and Ark: Survival Evolved with their cousins.

I figured I could move the PS4 to the new sunroom addition on our house, where i wired it for surround sound and plan on getting a 70-75inch 4k TV this summer.
If the ps5 isn't a financial concern, keep it. Fast loading and other nice improvements on some ps4 games, plus the controller feels great.

If the ps5 isn't a financial concern, keep it. Fast loading and other nice improvements on some ps4 games, plus the controller feels great.

Think it'll actually be noticeably better performance at 1080p?
the price isn't an issue. I am surprised there are so few ps5 games out.

its honestly the same as going back to a computer that boots off a hdd instead of an ssd, the ps5 just runs and loads so much faster and smoother (games and general OS). There are games that don't have a 60fps mode yet but all the games that do support 60fps make the world of difference, nice thing is at 1080P any newer games you play should almost always get 60fps + Ray Tracing.

Last edited:
its honestly the same as going back to a computer that boots off a hdd instead of an ssd, the ps5 just runs and load so much faster and smoother. There are games that dont have a 60fps mode yet but all the games that do support 60fps make the world of difference, nice thing is at 1080P any newer games you should almost always get 60fps + Ray Tracing.
Just the loading times makes so much of a difference.

I doubt FPS performance will be noticeably different in most games at 1080p since, at least in 1st party titles, they're pretty well locked to 30/60 FPS anyways. This post just made me aware that the PS5 doesn't natively support supersampling as well, like the PS4 Pro did, so you can technically get better image quality on the PS4 Pro on a 1080p display than you can on a PS5, at least on games that don't support supersampling directly (and I have no idea which games do or don't other than Spiderman apparently does according to the one Reddit post I just saw on the topic). So for the games that do support SS, there will be no performance improvement at 1080p and they will at least look a bit sharper still. And the games that don't support SS will definitely stay locked to 60 FPS at 1080p at least and even 120 FPS too if you projector supports it.

I would suggest playing on your PC monitor if it had HDMI 2.1, which I'm sure it does not because that's very rare right now on monitors still and it's what I'm waiting for before upgrading my current 34" ultrawide 120Hz G-Sync monitor as well. But it may still be worth doing on a HDMI 2.0 monitor if it's a 16:9 resolution at least. Because personally, all I want is a ~42" version of the C9 OLED I have in my living room right now since it supports both HDMI 2.1 and G-Sync for 4K120Hz. Their 48" CX is just outside my comfort zone for a monitor and the 43" curved 4K TV I was previously using as a monitor was about perfect size for my desk and visible range without moving my head much. So I really liked just playing my consoles there at my desk with that setup for a while since I was in a small office with 5.1 speakers or headphones depending on how loud I wanted to be and I could track objects and play games much easier and more enjoyably than on the 120" projector setup I had in my basement at the time. To me at least, it was much more immersive and enjoyable on a smaller (but still large for a monitor sitting 2' in front of you) TV/monitor sitting much closer than it ever was on a large projector screen and at that point pretty much relegated the projector setup to watch TV/movies with the fam and local multiplayer games.

But anyways, it's a bit of a toss up IMO if you're stuck at 1080p I guess. IMO the other aforementioned advantages of the console make it worth it to me, but I can certainly see a case being made for you to flip the console for a PS4 Pro or something too.

Last edited:
Most PS4 games get a nice performance boost on PS5. It is one of the advantages of games actually having an unlocked framerate on the platform while people were complaining about the tearing on the PS4. There is a forum post somewhere that has a very extensive list of PS4 titles and what framerate they get, along with the resolution they run at on PS5.

Back