Official PS5 Thread

Verge

Supreme [H]ardness
My only 'problem' with my PS5 is I cannot put it in rest mode. Doing so shuts down the unit and does not allow a restart up from the controller. Seems to be a known problem.
Yea i'd have sony warranty that, not normal.

Ragenrok

Supreme [H]ardness
Honestly not sure why we even have a "rest" mode. The console takes like 5 seconds to boot up from being shut down, and can still be started with the controller lol. I've had the "don't unplug your console you idiot" error message twice now so I've stopped using rest and it makes very little difference to me, if it wasn't for the fact that you can't use remote play while shutdown instead of rest I wouldn't be able to tell the difference at all.

SeymourGore

2[H]4U
I like the rest mode - the game's load quick true, but I can bypass that initial Title Screen menu and start immediately where I left off in Spider-Man.

That's been my favourite feature of consoles (since the PS4/Xbone) over PC - just being able to instantly jump into a suspended game.

harsaphes

Supreme [H]ardness
Honestly not sure why we even have a "rest" mode. The console takes like 5 seconds to boot up from being shut down, and can still be started with the controller lol. I've had the "don't unplug your console you idiot" error message twice now so I've stopped using rest and it makes very little difference to me, if it wasn't for the fact that you can't use remote play while shutdown instead of rest I wouldn't be able to tell the difference at all.
I did a complete reset of my unit and the rest mode works correctly...for now.

DPI

[H]F Junkie
At this point I can't even take people like you seriously. I didn't even say anything about a game at all. Literally take one second and Google it and you will see that there are known PS5 issues most of which have been acknowledged and taken care or are in the process of being taken care of. My god do you any you acting like you haven't heard anything look at any other sites besides this forum? :rolleyes:

This is reminding me of the certain guys you see pop up chronically in gaming threads complaining about bugs, or something they read somewhere about something, and they're not even playing the game. "Worst launch ever!" All it does is increases the noise floor.

And they fold when pressed- "But what specific problems are you having though?"

"I dunno, google it"

I want the kind of free time to worry about problems I don't even have.

jobert

Weaksauce
This is reminding me of the certain guys you see pop up chronically in gaming threads complaining about bugs, or something they read somewhere about something, and they're not even playing the game. "Worst launch ever!" All it does is increases the noise floor.

And they fold when pressed- "But what specific problems are you having though?"

"I dunno, google it"

I want the kind of free time to worry about problems I don't even have.
Oh good grief. There is no point in me repeating all of the well-known documented issues as plenty of sites have already discussed this and it literally takes a few seconds of research to see a summary of the main issues that have been addressed already or will be addressed. It's not my fault that some of you are woefully ignorant on this subject or don't want to do any research and pretend that there has not been a single problem. FFS some of the issues have already been mentioned right here in this thread and still being ignored. Anyway I'm done with this thread. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
Oh good grief. There is no point in me repeating all of the well-known documented issues as plenty of sites have already discussed this and it literally takes a few seconds of research to see a summary of the main issues that have been addressed already or will be addressed. It's not my fault that some of you are woefully ignorant on this subject or don't want to do any research and pretend that there has not been a single problem. FFS some of the issues have already been mentioned right here in this thread and still being ignored. Anyway I'm done with this thread. :rolleyes:
Yawn. Bored now.

Domingo

Fully [H]
There isn't much to the Maiden demo. It's roughly a 10-minute experience with minimal gameplay beyond find item/use item. Graphics weren't that impressive, either IMO. It looks last-gen, although I do at least appreciate that it's 60fps.

Armenius

Fully [H]
There isn't much to the Maiden demo. It's roughly a 10-minute experience with minimal gameplay beyond find item/use item. Graphics weren't that impressive, either IMO. It looks last-gen, although I do at least appreciate that it's 60fps.
Aside from the texture quality it looks pretty good. I'll have to wait to really judge it until I can give it a playthrough myself this weekend.

T4rd

Fully [H]
I need to play through RE7 again, but from what I remember, Maiden showed noticeably better image quality and models to me. I really wish Sony would have shipped a new VR unit for PS5 now so RE8 could support it, because playing through RE7 in VR was fuggin awesome for me on PS4. It's a real shame it didn't get VR support on PC, because I thought that game alone made it worth having a PSVR unit if you really like having the shit scared out of you constantly (which I do). But I would have definitely liked to enjoyed in on a better VR unit at better image quality than the PS4 Pro could even put out on it.