Official [H] Star Wars:The Old Republic Thread

Yeah, I finally realized being a Marauder sucks. I'm level 40 and get spanked all the time and I don't play enough to want to start all over.

My sentinel has been rough (50 since dec headstart) but not bad. As I learned the class better, he became pretty beastly. I'd say most marauder and sentinel complaints aren't bance-related, though some tweaks are needed.

Well ever since the game came out I've been visiting these forums less and less. I play a lvl. 50 rage spec juggernaut valor 72. About half my gear is batlemaster rest champion still. The token drop system is horrible and I did complete my champion set at valor 59 but getting these bm tokens is becoming painful. I've only completed ev and karragas once but with so many bugs with soa I haven't gone back to raiding because of the headaches. I will say this the valor is easy to farm on my server dark reaper because the imbalance of sith to repub makes it easy to farm them outside their base. On occastion they give us good battles but the repub are like endangered species there

Sorry for typos using iPhone at work

My sentinel has been rough (50 since dec headstart) but not bad. As I learned the class better, he became pretty beastly. I'd say most marauder and sentinel complaints aren't bance-related, though some tweaks are needed.

You mean since you learned the class and got PvP gear. I've always played very similar melee classes almost exclusively in other games, so the mechanics of playing a Marauder/Sentinel in this one is not the issue. The devs have come out as recently as yesterday and said that that they realize there is a huge gap in terms of PvP viability between ungeared fresh 50s and those that have most/all of their slots filled with PvP gear. Yes, some difference is expected and welcome, otherwise you have nothing to work towards... having that sense of progression only makes sense. For the devs to actually come out and admit that the disparity is too great should really tell you something though.

You mean since you learned the class and got PvP gear. I've always played very similar melee classes almost exclusively in other games, so the mechanics of playing a Marauder/Sentinel in this one is not the issue. The devs have come out as recently as yesterday and said that that they realize there is a huge gap in terms of PvP viability between ungeared fresh 50s and those that have most/all of their slots filled with PvP gear. Yes, some difference is expected and welcome, otherwise you have nothing to work towards... having that sense of progression only makes sense. For the devs to actually come out and admit that the disparity is too great should really tell you something though.

This is true as well. Each piece of Champion gear I add has actually made a big difference in survivability. I've got about half my Champion gear at this point and my survivability is an eternity compared to what it once was. A fully geared opponent will always take me down, but it's more equal when I fight those who are about as well geared as I.

This is true as well. Each piece of Champion gear I add has actually made a big difference in survivability. I've got about half my Champion gear at this point and my survivability is an eternity compared to what it once was. A fully geared opponent will always take me down, but it's more equal when I fight those who are about as well geared as I.

Glad to hear you're having more success as your gear improves. I would still like to see some changes made to the class before I consider making it my "main," but I'll at least start trying to complete the PvP weekly/daily quests again when they implement the changes to bags and fix the "wins not counting" bug. I just don't care enough to beat my head against a wall until then.

IS origin the only place you can get a digital DL key from? I was going to jump on the amazon sale but I want to play now not a week from now lol.

Well ever since the game came out I've been visiting these forums less and less. I play a lvl. 50 rage spec juggernaut valor 72. About half my gear is batlemaster rest champion still. The token drop system is horrible and I did complete my champion set at valor 59 but getting these bm tokens is becoming painful. I've only completed ev and karragas once but with so many bugs with soa I haven't gone back to raiding because of the headaches. I will say this the valor is easy to farm on my server dark reaper because the imbalance of sith to repub makes it easy to farm them outside their base. On occastion they give us good battles but the repub are like endangered species there

Sorry for typos using iPhone at work

The game is a trainwreck. I'm surprised you've done what you have for so long. Population hits have been huge, next month or two the tumbleweeds are gonna start rollin' more often than they do now.

Haven't played the game since beta in November. What is the prognosis ? Will this turn into a big MMO like WoW, with a long and loyal fan base for years ahead ? Or fade away like WarHammer Online did ?

I tried... so.. hard.. to enjoy this game.

I can't do it. :( I'm a huge Star Wars fan, read every book from the Thrawn timeline forward... played both KotOR several times... but I just can't bring myself to log into this MMO. I really, really want to enjoy it. Really badly.

:(

I think it needs a few more patches...but I think the game will be perfectly fine. :) We just need a Galaxy wide LFG system and such....and some of these imps to give up :p

I think it needs a few more patches...but I think the game will be perfectly fine. :) We just need a Galaxy wide LFG system and such....and some of these imps to give up :p

I donno, TOR felt lifeless to me. WoW started to feel lifeless to me after the LFG tool came in. A LFG tool in TOR will only make it feel more lifeless...

Just my opinion, though.

I donno, TOR felt lifeless to me. WoW started to feel lifeless to me after the LFG tool came in. A LFG tool in TOR will only make it feel more lifeless...

Just my opinion, though.

Theres not a good system in place to get people together to get into groups for FP's. The issue Im running into is if I'm not with my friends I might as well not even keep up FP missions since its little to slim chance of getting a group. Especially since a lot of leveling FP's aren't near the fleets.

As much as I HATE the LFG tool in WoW and feel it ruined the community of the game it can only help out TOR. Not to mention its more worthwhile to just pass them up since skipping those FP quests will free up a ton of time.

Haven't played the game since beta in November. What is the prognosis ? Will this turn into a big MMO like WoW, with a long and loyal fan base for years ahead ? Or fade away like WarHammer Online did ?

Its already pretty big, but we need a few more months to determine if this stays steady. The game is very well built and it is doing good but it needs some polish. I don't believe it will be as big as WoW ever was (and hope it doesn't get that big).

I'm still waiting for a game like EQ and I only hope it has enough players to sustain it for years.

Just my opinion, though.

Theres not a good system in place to get people together to get into groups for FP's. The issue Im running into is if I'm not with my friends I might as well not even keep up FP missions since its little to slim chance of getting a group. Especially since a lot of leveling FP's aren't near the fleets.

As much as I HATE the LFG tool in WoW and feel it ruined the community of the game it can only help out TOR. Not to mention its more worthwhile to just pass them up since skipping those FP quests will free up a ton of time.

I have to agree about the lifeless WoW LFG tool. It was so boring and just made me want to transfer to every server that had a person that was really nice and loved to run dungeons like me.

I think a better LFG tool would be to have a pool of players that want to run Flashpoints and allow them to put custom messages beside their name. So that you know if the guy is Hard Mode geared or not.

Also it should have an option to only play with players from the same server. I know some people love running with random people, but if there is an option to keep it only on one server then there can be some accountability for ninja looters.

A Social points run option would be nice also. Allowing high levels to queue for low level dungeons for social points would be great as long as they have their own category.

It has gotten to the point of needing to merge some servers already. I feel like its like pulling teeth to get a Hard Mode group on our server.(Kinrath Spider) We already cleared everything on Empire side but decided to reroll Republic for a better balance of PvP. Currently the ratio is about 3-4:1 Empire to Republic so majority of the time you play huttball against same faction groups.

I personally think this game will last quite some time and probably become the #2 MMO on the block after we see some content updates and such.

I'm struggling to play this game. Graphics are horrible, most missions seems to be bland, and the servers seem to be dead now. Only reason why I'm playing it is because of RL friends but even they seem to not play it as much anymore. I may just return to Skyrim and abandon this game and wait for Guild Wars 2 or go back to WOW.... I dunno.

I have not noticed any significant decline in pop in my server. In fact, the number of lvl 50s keeps increasing fast, so I don't think there is an exodus yet. At least not of warhammer/aoc proportions.

It has gotten to the point of needing to merge some servers already. I feel like its like pulling teeth to get a Hard Mode group on our server.(Kinrath Spider) We already cleared everything on Empire side but decided to reroll Republic for a better balance of PvP. Currently the ratio is about 3-4:1 Empire to Republic so majority of the time you play huttball against same faction groups.

That doesn't require a server merge. It's all the same in every server- imbalanced empire to republic population. You merge a 3:1 empire server with another 3:1 empire server and you get the same thing.

It's amazing how society has changed that a majority of players think it's "cool" to be the bad guy. Imagine if this game came out in the 70s or 80s. I'd bet that the population imbalance would be reversed. Just like when I was a kid- nobody wanted to be a robber but everybody wanted to be a cop.

That doesn't require a server merge. It's all the same in every server- imbalanced empire to republic population. You merge a 3:1 empire server with another 3:1 empire server and you get the same thing.

It's amazing how society has changed that a majority of players think it's "cool" to be the bad guy. Imagine if this game came out in the 70s or 80s. I'd bet that the population imbalance would be reversed. Just like when I was a kid- nobody wanted to be a robber but everybody wanted to be a cop.

I disagree completely. Back in the 80s, darth vader and bobba fett costumes and action figures were significantly more popular than luke/han/leia ones.

It is not about being good or bad, but the coolness factor. Just like in wow alliance outnumbered the horde when the choice was elves and humans vs trolls and cows. In fact, I'd say half the imperials I come across are light side, which means that it's not that they want to be imperials to be bad.

Last edited:
BW & EA already said that Empire was the casual side.

They want top pvp and pve guilds on Republic.

That's why empire has higher pop on most servers.

there's some link on BW website but I can't find it. Pretty much says

Empire = Casual
Republic = Skilled

Empire = Casual
Republic = Skilled

LOL. Ah, to be 15 again. To be able to write and read stuff like this post and not realize how imbecilic it sounds.

Empire = Casual
Republic = Skilled

What.. how do you even come up with something like this?:confused:

read it on BW's site. just can't find the link. Someone post it ...;)

Yeah someone do the research for this guy....

Hey stupac, I read somewhere that you are a troll. That you have been on all kinds of websites just trolling people for the past 3 years...but I can't remember where...Can you do the research for me?

I disagree completely. Back in the 80s, darth vader and bobba fett costumes and action figures were significantly more popular than luke/han/leia ones.

It is not about being good or bad, but the coolness factor. Just like in wow alliance outnumbered the horde when the choice was elves and humans vs trolls and cows. In fact, I'd say half the imperials I come across are light side, which means that it's not that they want to be imperials to be bad.

I have yet to see a light side sith in my server. And all sith I've talked to all say the same reason why they rolled one - they want to be as evil as possible. As in burn whole planets if they could. That's what I'm talking about when I said evil is now cool. Not those troubled, conflicted, reluctant killers some try to roll play.

Funny all this talk about imp outnumbering reps. My server (Fa'athra) the imps are outnumbered by far. Every warzone, there's 3 or 4 of us and 8 reps. We get owned every time. Same on Ilum - 3 or 4 of us and a ton of reps running around.

Maybe some of you should come over here...

Funny all this talk about imp outnumbering reps. My server (Fa'athra) the imps are outnumbered by far. Every warzone, there's 3 or 4 of us and 8 reps. We get owned every time. Same on Ilum - 3 or 4 of us and a ton of reps running around.

yea my server blows, the rep is easily outnumbered 5 to 1 in almost every case.

Empire = Casual
Republic = Skilled

You're still here?

Server I'm on is practically dead. SO depressing as my main.

Frigging sith meditation sphere... WTB Server transfer!

Hmmm... experiencing some weird issues trying to log on today. I've been able to play with no issues at all for about a month until today - when I get passed the launcher it just hangs at the loading screen. I've restarted the program 3-4 times and finally got to the server select screen once, but when I clicked my server it also hangs.

Gonna restart my computer and keep trying - anybody else getting any issues like this? I haven't made anywhere hardware changes at all.

Edit: Hmmm, did a full computer restart and everything works now. Weird.

Last edited:
im having a hard time accepting that people think the graphics are so bad that it is reason to stop playing. The graphics are actually pretty damn good maxed out, much better than WoW by a long shot. Eq2, LoTRO, and AoC are all better but that really wasnt the look they were trying for.

My server isnt really dying and seems pretty active; however, im not pvp or doing any fp this time around and ive turned off general chat but i am seeing less people in each area compared to when i leveled my empire operative. Not sure if it is because im on the republic side or that the trial period is over for most but it does seem lower than it did through my first run through. Im still enjoying it though but im basically playing it as kotor 3 this time around.

we have way more Reps than Imps, its just funny hearing all the complaining about it

Empire = Casual
Republic = Skilled

Either you are kidding , trolling or just plain uninformed because that's just flat out lunacy.

Here come the years of endless "Alliance players are so and so" and "Horde players do this and this". Please , put down the Red Bull , go hang out with your friends (if you have any..) and stop posting such nonsense.

Rolled a Trooper alt. I am really enjoying the storyline of this compared to the Smuggler, Sage, Sorcerer, and Bounty Hunter. Although I only got the latter three of the aforementioned classes to level 20ish, the storyline was just kinda blah and couldn't hold me like the Trooper has thus far. It does seem like my friends are either burnt out or bored though as we've all been playing less and less.

Either you are kidding , trolling or just plain uninformed because that's just flat out lunacy.

Here come the years of endless "Alliance players are so and so" and "Horde players do this and this". Please , put down the Red Bull , go hang out with your friends (if you have any..) and stop posting such nonsense.

Stop posting nonsense, yes, but no need to subject yourself to the horrors that are the outside world. :p

Back