Official [H] Star Wars:The Old Republic Thread

Just like to add. The last patch on Tuesday added 2 Space Combat dailies, which give you daily commendations.

So add those onto the Ilum and Belsavis dailies.

Since there is no way to filter out old quests from showing on your map I figured the ones i've seen for belsavis were just old quests from leveling and not dailies.
^ this... why does the game not let me abandon greyed out old quests from trivial planets? Its weird..
Im 40 counselor.. on Hoth atm.. I still have some quest from tatooine and nar shadda.. I cant abandon...

Just like to add. The last patch on Tuesday added 2 Space Combat dailies, which give you daily commendations.

thanks.. those space dailies..are just handled on the ship..I dont have to acquire on Fleet or something..right? just the ones on the console?

as a follow up to my above question.. I wonder why they have the game offer dailies..that are greyed out ? or other quests too.. seems annoying to me.. although all in all.. Im still really enjoying this game..

Well, I have a good money making spot... but I'm not telling ya. It is a lvl 40 bonus area. Easy kills, good money drops from elites.

thanks.. those space dailies..are just handled on the ship..I dont have to acquire on Fleet or something..right? just the ones on the console?

as a follow up to my above question.. I wonder why they have the game offer dailies..that are greyed out ? or other quests too.. seems annoying to me.. although all in all.. Im still really enjoying this game..

I just went to the quest terminal on my ship, it had 2 yellow quests.

Now I did not finish them because I have completely nothing for my ship (iv totally ignored it).

But yea.....its time to get some gear for my ship.

I'm not seeing any new space dailies. Same 3 i've always had.

Seems that there is some problem with SLI scaling. I removed 2nd GPU from the machine... and the FPS still remains on 100+. The difference with and without SLI is basically 3-4 FPS.

Seems that there is some problem with SLI scaling. I removed 2nd GPU from the machine... and the FPS still remains on 100+. The difference with and without SLI is basically 3-4 FPS.

I saw pretty good gains with SLI using GTX 580's. What was weird is that the performance would occasionally tank badly regardless of where I was in the game. I was able to fix it by alt-tabbing out of the game and back in. Then it would work fine for several hours before I'd have to do it again. But generally speaking, it did improve performance. Especially on Coruscant where the speeder taxi's take you through a bunch of fog.

I see plenty of players online. Especially at the fleet.
Well, you play on the Fatman I presume? :p There's folks on my server, but nothing like the weeks surrounding launch: http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us
The game is largely CPU limited. I'm CPU limited even on a single 7970 with 4xAA. It's not until I turn on super sampling or some other insane image quality hike that I can really push the card.

Well, you play on the Fatman I presume? :p There's folks on my server, but nothing like the weeks surrounding launch: http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us
The game is largely CPU limited. I'm CPU limited even on a single 7970 with 4xAA. It's not until I turn on super sampling or some other insane image quality hike that I can really push the card.

I do not. I had no interest in being on a pure PvP server. I like PvP, but not while I am trying to run through quests and experience the class quests / stories.

I do not. I had no interest in being on a pure PvP server. I like PvP, but not while I am trying to run through quests and experience the class quests / stories.
Ah, that's right, I remember us agreeing on that point earlier in the thread. My memory escapes me :cool:

That's the same reason my friends and I set up on Grand Master Zym. We all like to PvP but we'd rather do it on our terms.

Where do you get the dailies at? On ilum all I can find are the flashpoint dailies. Are there planet dailies?

The dailies appear like normal missions with the exception of a little piece of text in the description that says that they are repeatable.

Ilum dailies are available at the main base and waystation for your faction in the PvE section of the map (all non-story missions on Ilum are dailies).

Belsavis dailies can be accessed by doing the Belsavis bonus series which will lead you to the sections of the map where they can be accessed.

I'm on republic side and in the evenings I see about 30 people average on the Fleet. I would also like to know where these 1.7 Million people are hiding :p.

I'm on republic side and in the evenings I see about 30 people average on the Fleet. I would also like to know where these 1.7 Million people are hiding :p.

That is a very empty server. On my server the only time there are only 30 people at the Fleet is 20 minutes after the servers come back up.

ive completely given up on PvP. Valor rank 33 with fully specced Champion gear, I just cannot take the 'wins not counting' bug anymore.

ive completely given up on PvP. Valor rank 33 with fully specced Champion gear, I just cannot take the 'wins not counting' bug anymore.

Hm... what's your problem? To get rank 60 you don't need the daily. Just keep PvPing.
I've got rank 50 this morning, yes, it sucks that the daily does not count, but I did play 20+ matches last night anyway.

those numbers include everyone in the first 2 weeks of buying the game..dec 31 was the cutoff...we all played until the 20th of january and did NOT resub..those are NOT in the numbers EA gave..gonna have to wait for next qrtrs reports to get the 'real' score

Hm... what's your problem? To get rank 60 you don't need the daily. Just keep PvPing.
I've got rank 50 this morning, yes, it sucks that the daily does not count, but I did play 20+ matches last night anyway.

I'll tell you what my problem is... being an undergeared, gear dependent, melee class and trying to improve said gear via the current PvP system. The daily not counting is a HUGE deal. In one recent play session I only won three times in a dozen or so warzones, and not a single win counted towards the daily! That may not be the end of the world or anything, but you have to admit it's frustrating as all hell when you're trying to get geared up as a fresh 50.

As a fresh, undergeared Marauder, there is also a complete lack of any sense of "making a difference." Your only role is "melee dps," so you have to be in the thick of things if you want to try to get any medals. Unfortunately however, when you're not wearing the standard PvP gear that everyone else is, you stick out like a sore thumb and get singled out even more than you already do while running around with two wiffle-sabers that scream "I'm not a real threat, come get your free kills!"

Bottom line, it sucks... bad... and even though I would normally be a dedicated PvPer, end game PvP is the very reason I'm leveling three other characters simultaneously now instead.

I thought that was one of the bug fixes that came down in the latest patch?

You would think that since it was one of the "fixes" they advertised in the latest patch notes... Too bad they have since claimed that "miscommunication" was to blame for that line being included in the first place, even though a fix has actually not been found or implemented yet... Nice huh? :rolleyes:

I'll tell you what my problem is... being an undergeared, gear dependent, melee class and trying to improve said gear via the current PvP system. The daily not counting is a HUGE deal. In one recent play session I only won three times in a dozen or so warzones, and not a single win counted towards the daily! That may not be the end of the world or anything, but you have to admit it's frustrating as all hell when you're trying to get geared up as a fresh 50.

As a fresh, undergeared Marauder, there is also a complete lack of any sense of "making a difference." Your only role is "melee dps," so you have to be in the thick of things if you want to try to get any medals. Unfortunately however, when you're not wearing the standard PvP gear that everyone else is, you stick out like a sore thumb and get singled out even more than you already do while running around with two wiffle-sabers that scream "I'm not a real threat, come get your free kills!"

Bottom line, it sucks... bad... and even though I would normally be a dedicated PvPer, end game PvP is the very reason I'm leveling three other characters simultaneously now instead.

I completely agree. This has been my experience exactly. Though my wins not counting hasn't effected me as badly. So far I've seen it happen twice now. If you can brave it and start getting the gear, then it becomes a lot more enjoyable but getting there is a brutal process. Initially you are a liability to your team at best. You die a LOT and have to search for the weakest target, fly in there and kill them quick to get any points. So you have to play like a vulture looking for other people's scraps and pick off the nearly dead in order to survive.

Really you need to start PvP well before level 50. But if you didn't get into it until level 50 like I did, it's a long climb to Valor 60 and to get your Champion gear.

Being a pure dps absolutely sucks in pvp, you get less medals overall than the other classes. The most I've recieved so far is 8, and I had to exploit to get 2 of them(the healing ones). My lvl 16 sith sorcerer gets ATLEAST 8 per match.

Being a pure dps absolutely sucks in pvp, you get less medals overall than the other classes. The most I've recieved so far is 8, and I had to exploit to get 2 of them(the healing ones). My lvl 16 sith sorcerer gets ATLEAST 8 per match.

Agreed. My level 20 gunslinger doesn't struggle at all in PvP. And in fact, I believe the class to be slightly over powered. Until I encounter Jedi Consulars and Sith Inquisitors that is. Still I've earned three times the commendations and upwards of 8 times the medals in PvP with no real gear to speak of.

On my 32 healing spec sage I generally get about 5 metals per game. I feel like it's basically a requirement to spec dps for pvp grinding though. With my spec, I have a hard time doing enough damage to get the medal, but I see dps spec sages and sorc's easily getting both the healing and damage medals all the time. It's stupid that someone who is speced for dps can heal for nearly the same as I can, easily do 3-4x my damage, and earn way more valor by doing so. This stems from the fact that the dps specs basically get no healing penalty to speak of. The gear is too similar, and the healing tree really doesnt increase your healing potency; it just gives you a few more tools. Poor design IMO.

Agreed. Although melee dps (as always) have it worse, and Marauders worst of all. At least on my melee specced Operative I have enough stuns and get out of jail free cards to GTFO of half the gang bangs I find myself in. Marauders just sit there and take it for the three - five seconds it takes to blow them up.

lol... my jedi guardian is also melee dps, even that he's fully geared in champion stuff he dies in 5 second flat when an equally geared operative jumps on him, or even faster when attacked by more than 1 opponent. Sucks, yes, but I'm still playing. You can still get the champion bags even without the daily.
I usually get 4 (ilum, wz wins and 2 with warzone/merc commendations) every day.

Is PvP really that important at end game? My Bounty Hunter is only 28 and I haven't touch PvP yet. I'm mostly setup for tanking anyway. Of course, I only have time on the weekends to play. So, that limits me a lot.

Is PvP really that important at end game? My Bounty Hunter is only 28 and I haven't touch PvP yet. I'm mostly setup for tanking anyway. Of course, I only have time on the weekends to play. So, that limits me a lot.

It's a means to an end I guess. The PvP end game gear is equivalent to the HardMode FP's, so if you have a reliable guild that completes those on a nightly basis, you dont really need to PvP for the gear. But the way it's set up now, PvP is essentially broken and a monotonous grind.

Define "important." I mean you don't really have to engage in PvP at all if you don't want to, but it's either that or end game PvE which get's broken down further into flashpoints and operations (group based) and/or dailies (solo). I've always preferred PvP to PvE in other MMOs, so for me it is disappointing to see PvP in the relatively frustrating state that it is currently.

I'll probably check out the flashpoints at some point when more friends hit 50, but I doubt I'll do operations based on my past experience/frustrations with end-game raiding. PvP is the one option you have as a solo player (or with just one or two other buddies) that is/should be far more engaging than just doing the same old daily quests over, and over, and over again.

same. I'm on republic side and there's always about 150-180 during the evenings in fleet.

Same on my server, except I would say that low on the fleet would be a weekday. Weekends are still higher than that, and PvP warzone queues even on empire side are typically less than one minute...

On my 32 healing spec sage I generally get about 5 metals per game. I feel like it's basically a requirement to spec dps for pvp grinding though. With my spec, I have a hard time doing enough damage to get the medal, but I see dps spec sages and sorc's easily getting both the healing and damage medals all the time. It's stupid that someone who is speced for dps can heal for nearly the same as I can, easily do 3-4x my damage, and earn way more valor by doing so. This stems from the fact that the dps specs basically get no healing penalty to speak of. The gear is too similar, and the healing tree really doesnt increase your healing potency; it just gives you a few more tools. Poor design IMO.

Agreed. Although melee dps (as always) have it worse, and Marauders worst of all. At least on my melee specced Operative I have enough stuns and get out of jail free cards to GTFO of half the gang bangs I find myself in. Marauders just sit there and take it for the three - five seconds it takes to blow them up.

lol... my jedi guardian is also melee dps, even that he's fully geared in champion stuff he dies in 5 second flat when an equally geared operative jumps on him, or even faster when attacked by more than 1 opponent. Sucks, yes, but I'm still playing. You can still get the champion bags even without the daily.
I usually get 4 (ilum, wz wins and 2 with warzone/merc commendations) every day.

Yeah, I finally realized being a Marauder sucks. I'm level 40 and get spanked all the time and I don't play enough to want to start all over.

Back