Official [H] Star Wars:The Old Republic Thread

Screw my /played. I'm considering auto-running while I sleep! lol

This combined with truly having no life for years on end gave me over 450 days of played time on my WoW account, hopefully its not quite that bad with this game...

Yeah screw the fucking queues. An hour and a half waiting and I'm only at 419.

ugh i wouldnt mind switching servers if i could just carry my player over to another

Yeah, I leveled to 30 as a Sentinel and am now rerolling :(, my other server wasn't showing a big queue and was a west-coast one when I'm on the east coast... figure the latency improvement & timezone matching will be for the best. Oh well, it was only 2.5 days... must keep reminding myself of that!

Hit level 13 on my sith warrior tonight enjoying it so far. The server ques suck on my server too I logged in at number 700 and it took me almost an hour to get in. Playing on anchor head.

Yeah, I leveled to 30 as a Sentinel and am now rerolling :(, my other server wasn't showing a big queue and was a west-coast one when I'm on the east coast... figure the latency improvement & timezone matching will be for the best. Oh well, it was only 2.5 days... must keep reminding myself of that!

Don't want to join the HardGaming guild? :p

If you want a populated server...we got it :D haha

Lol oh ok..

BTW, if anybody has been wondering about trying to compare something with your companion you can enable it in your UI settings...so for instance if you hover over a gun, it will compare with your companion too!

Man that was so aggravating, but didn't think there was a fix for it... lol

All I've got to say is fuck their customer service, phone support and their bullshit security question crap. Their recording on their phone system claims the issue is fixed. It most certainly isn't fixed. I should know better than to buy an MMO on launch or get early access to it. They are all cluster fucks. Each and every one.

All I've got to say is fuck their customer service, phone support and their bullshit security question crap. Their recording on their phone system claims the issue is fixed. It most certainly isn't fixed. I should know better than to buy an MMO on launch or get early access to it. They are all cluster fucks. Each and every one.

It asked me for a an answer to one of the security questions and I was like crap... I don't remember what I made up! Dumbest security questions ever!

Of course I got in...

EA finally shipped my Collector's Edition tonight. Well made a label for it according to UPS. No charge on my CC yet although EA said it should already be there.

:)

So...I finally have my first huge complaint...

Why do I have to sit in a 2 hour queue....Go to the Republic fleet...and can't find one person that has the quest to do the Mandalorian Wars flashpoint...and I look up and there are only 30 people actually on the republic fleet.

Really? I am sitting in the queue for this shit?

Then I go to Tatooine and there are 12 people on the whole planet. Really...

I would just go solo the rest of the way, but everything in my quest log is like 4 levels higher and is pretty damn hard...So I am trying to Level by PvP for now...which is very tedious and boring after 2 or 3 of them...

I was planning an all nighter since I wouldn't be able to play this weekend, but I am so damn bored and nobody is on the server doing the same heroics/flashpoints that I am..that I just logged off and am going to bed...

There's no queue right now. I'll hold off on the Mandalorian Wars flashpoint until you get on again on Sunday or whenever.

I got home from work and saw those outrageous queues. My server even had a 20 minute queue, I was surprised.

I just arrived at Tatooine, but haven't been outside the city yet. Damn, it's gorgeous.

I would just go solo the rest of the way, but everything in my quest log is like 4 levels higher and is pretty damn hard...So I am trying to Level by PvP for now...which is very tedious and boring after 2 or 3 of them...

I was planning an all nighter since I wouldn't be able to play this weekend, but I am so damn bored and nobody is on the server doing the same heroics/flashpoints that I am..that I just logged off and am going to bed...

Did you not do your quests? Why are you so underleveled? I just got to Tatooine and I'm one level higher than my quests. I skip every group quest (because no one is around to do them), and do every side quest. No PVP done yet, and only each of the flashpoints up until this point once. I've also done each of the space combat missions once, up to my level. What are you doing wrong? :confused:

Thats why im waiting for the first month to pass by then play possibly, it seems it is no where near as bad as the WoW launch in 2004 :)

Also guys and gals, is leveling like it was in Wrath or like cataclysm where you kinda blow thru levels and wish it was slower or is it more paced?

Also guys and gals, is leveling like it was in Wrath or like cataclysm where you kinda blow thru levels and wish it was slower or is it more paced?

Slower. The teens slowed down quite a bit for me. Focus on the story and getting your datacrons!

They also launched 6 new servers. They are also monitoring server performance and load and waiting for people to work their way out of the noobie areas before increasing the number of players allowed on each server. Otherwise the noobie areas would be too crowded to do anything.

11 hours played got me to lvl lvl 16 with 80 biochem, 80 bioanalysis, 50 diplomacy, plus a few black talon runs in there too.

The planet/zones have instances on the same server. Its weird as hell. I finally logged on last night to join up with a friend and we were both standing in the same physical location but couldn't see each other. When I joined his group the game told me he was in a different instance and asked if I would like to teleport there. I did and all the players I saw disappeared and totally different people appeared, including my friend. I don't know why they would need to instance the world itself, the areas I was in sure wasn't even heavily populated let alone over populated.

arrowknee.jpg

tumblr_lvlv72CDPT1qkr0tlo1_400.jpg

Did you not do your quests? Why are you so underleveled? I just got to Tatooine and I'm one level higher than my quests. I skip every group quest (because no one is around to do them), and do every side quest. No PVP done yet, and only each of the flashpoints up until this point once. I've also done each of the space combat missions once, up to my level. What are you doing wrong? :confused:

I've done every solo quest (main and side), 3 flashpoints (a couple of them twice), every space mission (some of them 3 or 4 times), and the past 3 dailies. Only thing I haven't done is all the Taris/Nar Shadda Heroics, because guess what? Nobody there was LFG to do any heroics....I even asked the guild to let me know when they get there so that I could have gone back to do them, but then I outleveled those quests. I felt like I was leveling very well until I couldn't find groups to do heroics/flashpoints anymore.

The planet/zones have instances on the same server. Its weird as hell. I finally logged on last night to join up with a friend and we were both standing in the same physical location but couldn't see each other. When I joined his group the game told me he was in a different instance and asked if I would like to teleport there. I did and all the players I saw disappeared and totally different people appeared, including my friend. I don't know why they would need to instance the world itself, the areas I was in sure wasn't even heavily populated let alone over populated.

Yeah it's really bumming me out that I barely see anybody...I have seen up to 4 instances running of coruscant, but only like 75 people in each instance. Makes it look unpopulated.

This game engine said it can scale up to 1000 people in an instance, but looks like bioware is pretty scared of trying to get 100 people in an instance... Sucks...

It asked me for a an answer to one of the security questions and I was like crap... I don't remember what I made up! Dumbest security questions ever!

Of course I got in...

I remember the answer, but for some reason it won't let me in. Apparently there was some kind of problem with this according to the recording on the phone. I've still been unable to get anyone to pick up the fucking phone. The recording says to call back later. There is no option or way to fix this or reset this via E-Mail which is also bullshit. I don't think it should ask you for an answer to a security question when you entered your password correctly. That's just retarded.

"Our game is so secure, even you can't play it!"

I'm pretty pissed off right now, especially considering how much this game costs. Still before this issue I hadn't had any real technical issues with it that prevented me from enjoying it. Aside from this bullshit security it seems more solid than other MMO launches I've seen. Though I ran into one odd problem. I always get the sound associated with a program crash after starting the game even though nothing happens in the game. An error message box actually appears on the destop which I can only see if I alt tab out or quit the game. However, this error doesn't actually prevent me from playing the game. I'm not sure what it's about, but it doesn't bother me all that much, because again it didn't stop me from playing.

Does anyone know where you get biochem recipes that use the purple alien blood sample component? I have a whole stack, but no recipes to use them in.

This is the kind of Instancing I HATE, it destorys the feeling of being in a world p opulated by other REAL players and makes everthing feel disconnected.

Instancing should be used to HELP the game, not harm it. Using it in story elements is great, it gives them control to make sure only ou see what ou should see instead of having 10 other people doing the same story element.

However using it in cities is terrible, especially when it makes everything feel lilkea ghost town. I had a TWO HOUR queue last night, login, and I'm sitting in Tarius with FOUR other people on /who, four...

I think their instancing simpl doesn't allow enough people per instance, on top of that they have an absurdly high queue and I dont' get it.

I though instancing (on world)w as done to help servers, so one instance is done by one computer, another by a different one and so on. So shouldn't using instancing allow as MANY instances as possible to handle as MANY people as possible?

I mean, EQ could handle THOUSANDS of people in a non-instanced world, yet today mmo's can't seem to handle even ONE HUNDRED people without instancing everything.

You might just be leveling faster than most people Bowhntr, I don't really have a problem finding people but I'm also several levels below you. Actually found that last heroic on taris today almost a day after you asked me about them. Most of the instances I have been in have around 100 people in them.

I think the leveling for the content is going faster than it should. I left taris at level 23 almost 24 and hadn't done any of the heroic quest and now they are all green. I might go back and solo them when I get bored but I want to move my story quest on, next stop nar shaddaa at level 24 where the starting quest are all green...oh and pvp...oh and space combat.

There are so many ways to level I feel like I am missing out on things. Can't decide if that is good or bad. Good if you don't like to do questing or pvp or space missions but if you like doing all of them, is annoying.

great game...having fun

the biggest disappointment is the auction house..that thing needs some love or stuff is just broke...not sure

aion had the best ah i've ever seen...put an item on the item search bar, click, and it auto searches for that item..they need to learn from the koreans how to make an auction house

i actually dread using that thing..its so damn cumbersome

I've done every solo quest (main and side), 3 flashpoints (a couple of them twice), every space mission (some of them 3 or 4 times), and the past 3 dailies. Only thing I haven't done is all the Taris/Nar Shadda Heroics, because guess what? Nobody there was LFG to do any heroics....I even asked the guild to let me know when they get there so that I could have gone back to do them, but then I outleveled those quests. I felt like I was leveling very well until I couldn't find groups to do heroics/flashpoints anymore.

Yeah it's really bumming me out that I barely see anybody...I have seen up to 4 instances running of coruscant, but only like 75 people in each instance. Makes it look unpopulated.

This game engine said it can scale up to 1000 people in an instance, but looks like bioware is pretty scared of trying to get 100 people in an instance... Sucks...

In beta they were running it up to several hundred per instance. It's just the way they're staggering server deployments and capacity bumps.

I know my server had about 500 in one coruscant instance the other night, (Most of them my guild! Woo. ) and another at ~100

Officially the game isn't even out until the 20th so you really can't judge its population until a few weeks or even months after release.

Just because you've warped ahead and done so much doesn't mean everyone else has. I remember doing instances/raids first in WoW but if my guild wasn't ready there was really no chance of that happening otherwise because the majority of people were concentrated on leveling at there own pace.

As far as the instancing goes , that's how many modern MMO's handle it. EQ may have allowed thousands of people in the same area but it bogged those area's down to complete shit (anyone remember the Bazaar? The most lag I've ever experienced in an MMO) so having the option to do so and having it run well are two different animals. Perhaps if SW:TOR is successful at holding on to subscribers they will upgrade the instance servers to handle more traffic. MMO's are a major investment and WoW stumbled big time for years to get its latency/instancing issues mostly taken care of , perhaps giving Bioware a little time to remedy things would be wise.

In beta they were running it up to several hundred per instance. It's just the way they're staggering server deployments and capacity bumps.

I know my server had about 500 in one coruscant instance the other night, (Most of them my guild! Woo. ) and another at ~100

Bingo.

They are going to keep ramping up capacties, people. You don't have to worry about 6 hour queues, they will keep things opening up day by day.

Bingo.

They are going to keep ramping up capacties, people. You don't have to worry about 6 hour queues, they will keep things opening up day by day.

"I think it's really nice of them to be so considerate, you come home and wish to relax with the game you have spent money on, but instead they give you some time to do stuff before you can play the game.

I've managed to go shop for groceries, watch an entire movie and put some laundry over while in a single queue.

What other game provides this awesome service?!

Can't wait for launch date, imagine all the stuff you can do while in the queue, i think i might carve out a fully functioning clock out of a single piece of wood or maybe learn a new language when we sit in our 5+ hour queues :) "

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/pivemaskine.jpg/

I kinda like these semi-vacant instances, don't have to worry about seeing douchenozzles steal the node/quest objects that I'm clearing mobs to.

( I don't have the game, so I don't know if this works: - MrAgmoore )

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=422404#post422404

"FIX for wrong security question!

NOTE! You will edit a settings file for the SWTOR launcher, I do not know if this is permitted and it might get you banned. Can a mod please verify if this is permitted or not?

The issue:
When I try to login on my account I get a security question that I did not fill in when I created my account.

Example:
The launcher asks me where I experienced my honeymoon, since I am not married I did not choose this as a question when I created the account and it is therefore impossible for me to answer.

Solution:
Go to your SWTOR installation folder, for me it is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic". There you will find a file named "launcher.settings".

Open the file in a text editing program and change the following line:

"DevLogin": ""

to

"DevLogin": "true"

This will bypass the security question and allow you to login.

I do not recommend this as a permanent solution, you should try to get in contact with customer support. But I have been on hold for almost 4 hours now and from what I understand most people cant even get in queue."

Looks like a 500 person queue on The Fatman this morning. I guess that means I'll be able to get some football in distraction free.

/me shakes fists at queues

sigh... I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better...

Yeah last night the 1200+ queue turned the estimated 80 minutes wait into falling asleep on the couch after 100 minutes and still being at 500+ in queue. I really hope they basically double the server caps and do more instancing within the server if need be. I'd rather deal with instancing than queues all day long.

I am loving the game so far. Currently level 20 with ~20hrs played. This is probably the smoothest launch I have played in. I have never had a problem getting a group going for group quests. The only issue I have had with groups is getting one formed for the 2nd and 3rd instance, as most of the people in the fleet are still mostly level 10s. It slows down quite a bit after level 10 (which is good).

Make sure you do the space missions, they give a shitload of XP the first go around. I got a full level by doing all the space quests I had when I first got my ship.

Also a helpful note, companions will use mats from your cargo hold(bank) and your inventory. Which is awesome so you don't have to carry around all that junk.

I am loving the game so far. Currently level 20 with ~20hrs played. This is probably the smoothest launch I have played in. I have never had a problem getting a group going for group quests. The only issue I have had with groups is getting one formed for the 2nd and 3rd instance, as most of the people in the fleet are still mostly level 10s. It slows down quite a bit after level 10 (which is good).

Make sure you do the space missions, they give a shitload of XP the first go around. I got a full level by doing all the space quests I had when I first got my ship.

Also a helpful note, companions will use mats from your cargo hold(bank) and your inventory. Which is awesome so you don't have to carry around all that junk.

Wow, you're cruisin' through the game. I'm 23 after 35-40 hours or so.

Wow, you're cruisin' through the game. I'm 23 after 35-40 hours or so.

Hrmm I wonder how you are going so much slower? I am not skipping any dialog or anything. Just killing things as fast as I can and doing all group quests.

Hrmm I wonder how you are going so much slower? I am not skipping any dialog or anything. Just killing things as fast as I can and doing all group quests.

Are you doing any crew skill stuff? How much PVP have you done?

Back