Official GTX 680 overclocking Thread!

Have an EVGA Signature OC card. I was able to manage 1325mhz with +200mhz on the mem clock at 130% max TDP (actual TDP seen was 98% via GPUz). Managed 70c max temps with reasonable noise.

Has anyone flashed to a different bios and got better results?

I'm on the fence about trying it but i figured 1200/7000 on a reference card was decent.

Can anyone tell me why my core clock fluctuates all the time even though its in P0 constantly?
I can adjust my core offset by a few mhz's, but the core clock sometimes doesn't change a bit, and when I push it over a certain threshold it shoots up with 15 mhz instantly....
(i.e.: +71 yields me 1202Mhz maximum boost and +72 gives 1215Mhz maximum boost)
Also, the voltage doesn't change at all when I ramp it up from +0mv to +100mV...

What am I doing wrong?

It also looks like my twin-frozr can't even get stable at higher clocks than 1215, I've got a sucker don't I?

Last edited:
Voltage isn't adjustable, it is locked at 1.175 no matter what you put in the field.

Can anyone tell me why my core clock fluctuates all the time even though its in P0 constantly?
I can adjust my core offset by a few mhz's, but the core clock sometimes doesn't change a bit, and when I push it over a certain threshold it shoots up with 15 mhz instantly....
(i.e.: +71 yields me 1202Mhz maximum boost and +72 gives 1215Mhz maximum boost)
Also, the voltage doesn't change at all when I ramp it up from +0mv to +100mV...

What am I doing wrong?

It also looks like my twin-frozr can't even get stable at higher clocks than 1215, I've got a sucker don't I?

The MHz changes in steps of 12 and 13, alternatingly. There are over a dozen internal parameters that feed into the exact clock speed at any given time. The voltage is locked. 1215 is a fine oc for a 680. Relax, enjoy!

Thanks guys, all makes sense now.

Still a bit disillusioned as most people seem to get their cards over 1250 easily

what does it mean if the card isn't running at 99% usage? my framerates are locked at 60 with vsync with the occasional dip to 58 during the biggest explosions in BF3.. My CPU is 2700k at 5GHZ

If your framerates are locked, then it is unlikely that the card will be running at 99% all the time. It just means you aren't using the full power of the card.

what does it mean if the card isn't running at 99% usage? my framerates are locked at 60 with vsync with the occasional dip to 58 during the biggest explosions in BF3.. My CPU is 2700k at 5GHZ

Might wanna update your sig then...

You're fine. That shouldn't effect your cards performance.

Thanks guys, all makes sense now.

Still a bit disillusioned as most people seem to get their cards over 1250 easily

Who's most people? The ones with non-ref cooler designs?

Most people won't see awesome OCs unless its a card that reviews have shown to do so like the Galaxy OC or the Direct II CU top, which may or not be worth the premium price to you.

Voltage isn't adjustable, it is locked at 1.175 no matter what you put in the field.

Correct. Voltage maxes out at 1.175.

Who's most people? The ones with non-ref cooler designs?

Most people won't see awesome OCs unless its a card that reviews have shown to do so like the Galaxy OC or the Direct II CU top, which may or not be worth the premium price to you.

Thats the whole point, I have a Twin Frozr OC edition

Testing 3 classified 680's right now @ 1.175v, results thus far-

Card 1 - 1305Mhz / 7114Mhz @ 53*C max
Card 2 - 1333Mhz / 7000Mhz @ 54*C max
Card 3 - 1322Mhz / 7000Mhz @ 53*C max

All stable in Heaven for several hours. I can go higher with all of them in 3dmark and games, but not stable in Heaven.

Once the EVBot gets here I'll pump massive amounts of voltage into them and report back.

Last edited:
+085 vGPU +177 Clock Offset and 130% Power Limit running BF3 stable ist a good one ?

You can't really report a core overclock using the offset, because each card will boost to it's own clock. That means +177 to you is not the same to me. Use your max boost clock instead.

+085 vGPU +177 Clock Offset and 130% Power Limit running BF3 stable ist a good one ?

What's the actual speeds that equates to? Just stating the offset doesn't really tell us anything.

Edit: Man, you guys are quick - didn't think I'd need to refresh the page before posting. :)

Well my fault sorry - its reference card clock - 1006 / 1058 Boost. So it runs @ around 1240 when i play BF3.

Cheers for the replies.

Hello all,

Just wanted to come back after 5 months or so to report that I'm still running stable at:
1350Mhz core and 7100Mhz mem and stable across everything I could throw at it. That is:
power 132%
core +200Mhz
mem +550Mhz
fan manual 80% (only when gaming)

Using latest Nvidia beta drivers. Temps are usually between 60-70 degrees Celsius. This is with one of the first released EVGA cards.
I uploaded some game videos on youtube if interested to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/user/batismul/videos

Hopefully the card can hold this for another year or so before I can upgrade again :)
EVGA FTW!

Hello all,

Just wanted to come back after 5 months or so to report that I'm still running stable at:
1350Mhz core and 7100Mhz mem and stable across everything I could throw at it. That is:
power 132%
core +200Mhz
mem +550Mhz
fan manual 80% (only when gaming)

Using latest Nvidia beta drivers. Temps are usually between 60-70 degrees Celsius. This is with one of the first released EVGA cards.
I uploaded some game videos on youtube if interested to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/user/batismul/videos

Hopefully the card can hold this for another year or so before I can upgrade again :)
EVGA FTW!

I did notice some great overclocks with the first batch they released. The ones that followed were decidedly worse.

Hey, guys.

Quick question since it sorta goes.

I am currently running an Evga standard reference 680 and am getting a stable OC of atleast 1215 GPU clock and quite a bit of memory boost as well. My offsets are 132%, 145/280 stable but haven't tweaked it too hard.

I want to running 2x 680 in SLI, but am not sure if I should buy another standard-clocked EVGA, or the SC EVGA due to their being the same price on Amazon.

Will I get potentially more instability pairing a stock with a SC? I have read plenty of threads that said I shouldn't, but can you all confirm that? I would be happy getting another stock, but now I am a bit confused because people are saying the SC has a different BIOS which might allow for further more stable OC offsets. Is this true as well??

Thanks for the advice guys!

I personally would go for a standard one because you can only go so far with overclocking as one card because they need to be paired with the same clocks to work stable. So getting a better OC GTX680 card wouldn't benefit you because it will have to stay on same clocks as your standard one can clock at for stability and compatibility. (no artifacts and or gpu driver crashes)

Plus also the different bios on the SC version would and might cause some issues I think. Unless left all clocks on defaults and if they wouldn't stay on same clocks as standard one need to manually underclock the SC version with afterburner or Evga precision tool to speeds of your standard one.

Hi Folks

Has anyone tried the modded bios for the zotac gtx680 4gb found here: http://www.mvktech.net/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,10/id,63718/#63718 ?

Know the folks at mvktech know what they're doing but am a tad concerned about flashing bios and even though there's "VMOD" in the filename am not entirely sure whether it gets the voltage to 1.2v or if it'll actually improve the overclocks (am getting 1247MHz clock on vga1, 1243MHz on vga2/3).

The only comment I see from the requestor of the modded bios is "Thanks" so not sure if they actually got it to work successfully.

Thoughts?

tia!

Hi Folks

Has anyone tried the modded bios for the zotac gtx680 4gb found here: http://www.mvktech.net/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,10/id,63718/#63718 ?

Know the folks at mvktech know what they're doing but am a tad concerned about flashing bios and even though there's "VMOD" in the filename am not entirely sure whether it gets the voltage to 1.2v or if it'll actually improve the overclocks (am getting 1247MHz clock on vga1, 1243MHz on vga2/3).

The only comment I see from the requestor of the modded bios is "Thanks" so not sure if they actually got it to work successfully.

Thoughts?

tia!

Well if you already have 3 cards and have reasonable confidence in flashing back I don't see the harm in flashing one and testing it. Worst case scenario is you flash back while using one of the other cards as your primary!

Well if you already have 3 cards and have reasonable confidence in flashing back I don't see the harm in flashing one and testing it. Worst case scenario is you flash back while using one of the other cards as your primary!

Thanks Sojuuk

Therein lies my biggest concern....been many years since I flashed a vga bios. Your approach sounds entirely reasonable but before proceeding will have to read and re-read the procedures. Anyone have a good link/guide they could share that steps through the process (incl making backups, flashing and restoring)?

My GPU idles at 324Mhz is that normal? I remember my 580 idled at like 50MHz. So if the sliders are 100+/200+ according to GPU-Z my boost clock is now 1185Mhz for the core and 1602Mhz for the memory. Does that sound about right?

Last edited:
Wow, that is significantly higher than 670 SLi setup that I have. I only hit about 15324 with my setup. Guess my reference 670 is really holding me back.

Your score sounds fine, remember CPU makes a big difference (i'm using Ivy Bridge) and my cards are heavily overclocked. I think they were 1402 mhz in SLI in that particular test.

Your scores are fine :)

Every time I try and OC, I get flickering as a result on my side screens, but it isn't constant..just once in a while. Any suggestions? I haven't touched voltage yet, just core + mem clocks as well as Max TDP...using Asus GPU Tweak. Thanks.

hey guys, so i have an asus gtx 680 directcu ii top but for some reason it would not overclock at all. well it does but unigine heaven keeps crashing. i tried putting max tdp to 159 but it didnt work at all. with card except in furmark which i ran for 15 minutes with 1261 boost clock and 6600 mem the tdp went to 115 percent.but in unigine power only goes up to like 82%. avp bench worked fine for 1300 boost clock with 6800 mem but unigine and furmark crashes. tried c2 bench that worked fine for 1267 and 6800 as well. i dont get this unigine crap.

my specs are
i7 930 @ 4.0
12gb dominator @ 8-8-8-24
asus gtx 680 directcu ii top
corsair hx 850
cm haf 932
ocz vertex 4
wd blue 500
wd black 750
wd black 1tb

Last edited:
Back