Official Crysis 2 Thread

trying it for the xbox. Not that impressed with it. Its very pretty but i don't care too much for the game play and guns yet. But i haven't given it a really good try. Played for about 2 hours.

Very, very soon he's saying so it's got to be thing month. Oh well, I guess that'll get the bashers out but at the least I imagine people will have to benchmark with this if looks good.

Hope that patch comes soon, not many games out that really take adv of new systems.

Who cares?

At this point, most people have played it and moved on.

I see posts like these and I'm wondering what some people REALLY think this supposed patch is actually going to do for this game?

Who cares?

At this point, most people have played it and moved on.

I see posts like these and I'm wondering what some people REALLY think this supposed patch is actually going to do for this game?

It's called eye candy. You never loaded up crysis/warhead all maxed out with mods even after you've played the levels through 4 or 5 times or more each? If you haven't then you either don't have the hardware for it or aren't interested in cutting edge graphics. It isn't about the game at this point. People just want to see what this latest version of cryengine with Dx11 and loaded with tesselation can do and look like. Period. What's so hard to grasp?

It's called eye candy. You never loaded up crysis/warhead all maxed out with mods even after you've played the levels through 4 or 5 times or more each? If you haven't then you either don't have the hardware for it or aren't interested in cutting edge graphics. It isn't about the game at this point. People just want to see what this latest version of cryengine with Dx11 and loaded with tesselation can do and look like. Period. What's so hard to grasp?

I understand that. :)

How much "extra eye candy" do you really think that patch can add to this game, honestly? How much of an appreciable difference? That's what I'm skeptical about.

In other words: How much can get crammed in a patch? ;) What are we really talking about here?

If they ever put it out, I'll be happy to fire up the game again and see it for myself.

I understand that. :)

How much "extra eye candy" do you really think that patch can add to this game, honestly? How much of an appreciable difference? That's what I'm skeptical about.

In other words: How much can get crammed in a patch? ;) What are we really talking about here?

If they ever put it out, I'll be happy to fire up the game again and see it for myself.

Well, we will find out soon I suppose.

so patch 1.8 is now out but still no DX11 support?...so what exactly does the addition of 'advanced graphics options' mean?

wish they added dx11 to crysis 1 :) much better game with a lot more replay value, crysis 2 wasn't very good... i already beat it, would never play it again. i bust out crysis 1 all the time though

so patch 1.8 is now out but still no DX11 support?...so what exactly does the addition of 'advanced graphics options' mean?

Hopefully means people can actually access a menu instead of having to fiddle with CFG files and/or using third party apps. That'd be a nice start.

Does anybody know how to get rid of that "Press enter to start" menu? Some people said it has been removed in a previous patch but its still there.

The advanced graphics option menu needs AA and AF.

When I started I enjoyed the game. Now halfway through I haven't played in weeks. Another game I'll probably never finish.It got repetitive fast

When I started I enjoyed the game. Now halfway through I haven't played in weeks. Another game I'll probably never finish.It got repetitive fast

same here. i got about halfway through and never went back.

Hopefully means people can actually access a menu instead of having to fiddle with CFG files and/or using third party apps. That'd be a nice start.

it is a nice start but they need to do more...I didn't bother downloading the 1.8 patch as an Advanced Graphics Options menu is not enough...DX11 is the only thing that can sonewhat salvage this console port

Same thing happened to me. I finally went back and finished the game. It wasn't worth it.

I finished Crysis a few months ago, and Warhead last week. I'll probably start Crysis 2 after I finish Mass Effect 2.

It's a great game, I've never understood the hatred

Simple. The first game was a graphics milestone,the second was a game crippled from the start because it was developed to run on ancient,outdated consoles and featured the same old linear game play seen in dozens of console shooters. It could have been so much more,but Crytek sold out to the console makers and abandoned the PC gamers who made them a success.

Anyone tried the maldo 4.0 texture pack? I tried to install it today and it kept erroring during the unzip. I downloaded is from maldo site beta version 4.0 and downloaded unrar. Then I unzipped using unrar into the crisis 2 folder it gives me an error saying the file refused to be unpacked.

Anyone tried this?

Back