Official Crysis 2 Thread

Ya, I'd like all the anti-warez people to come over and explain to me how steam and crytek didn't just 'warez' $60 from my wallet. :mad:

I take it you never played FC2. It was a console port. Their poor FOV and handling of widescreen just for starters.

I am sorry for stating that. I meant FarCry, not Farcry2. My bad...

Everyone can now go back to bitching :)

Kyle is such a gangster lol. I will not be purchasing Crysis 2 for a long while. Stupid consoles ruining a fun game that brought our rigs to our knees :(

What's so great about a game that doesn't run well without spending thousands of dollars and even then it may not? Great for bragging rights but more than one PC gamer complained about Crysis 1 not being optimized.

The unfortunate truth is that not enough people buy those types of games to too many pirate them. Sure I would LOVE to see games push great PC hardware but even around here that's called niche.

What's so great about a game that doesn't run well without spending thousands of dollars and even then it may not? Great for bragging rights but more than one PC gamer complained about Crysis 1 not being optimized.

What Crysis 2 calls "extreme" could be called high, with one or two settings higher than it. Problem solved, lower end gets a playable game, top end gets the visuals that the successor to Crysis should have.

VAle software with portal 2 they are giving the PC version away free with the ps3 version on steam...

What the hell is that going to do with sales of the pc version...Hell I got a ps3 as a bluray player mostly and to play ratchet and clank and stuff and even I am tempted to go out and get this fricking ps3 portal 2 disc and never use it and only play the PC version since I get both I mean why not do it?

http://www.destructoid.com/buy-portal-2-ps3-get-pc-mac-version-free-steam-support-191930.phtml
I think Valve, owning Steam, will have enough tracking tools to understand the buying/usage patterns of Portal 2. I wouldn't be concerned.

What Crysis 2 calls "extreme" could be called high, with one or two settings higher than it. Problem solved, lower end gets a playable game, top end gets the visuals that the successor to Crysis should have.

PC games are generally not worth buying if you can't max them out. Just buy it for 2 bucks 4 years later when you actually can max it out.

Which is you know, part of the reason Crysis had problems and even Crytek admitted it. It was just way too taxing.

I fixed that by going to c:\users\"your acc name"\saved games\ right click the crysis2 folder and make sure the read only is not on

Ok, that seemed to do it, thanks. Now I am in a server, and the game counts down to 1 second, and sits there, then goes back to 10, counts to 1, sits there, repeat. Peeps are saying all ranked servers are down. Oh well, maybe I'll get some time in later..

I haven't read the 10 pages of QQ, but I take it the verdict is that after all their boasting, it ended up being a terrible-performing consolized port with a healthy portion of DRM slapped on it after all their talk about how it wouldn't be?

In light of that, would one suggest just getting the Xbox 360 version, since it's basically the "native" version?

I played the hell out of Crysis 1 and Warhead, and spent countless hours enjoying Crysis multiplayer. Countless hours. Trying mods, playing with graphical tweaks. Messing around with the editor and customizing levels and adjusting TOD and playing with color grading filters. Crysis along with its editor and multiplayer was pretty much everything you could ask for with a pc game.

Crysis 2 comes with none of that. Crytek turned its back on the modding community and made a COD clone multiplayer.

I installed the demo, played for 20 mins before becoming extremely bored and disappointed. They sold out. Maybe the single player is enjoyable, but the multiplayer and lack of an editor/mods has left me extremely disappointed.

Besides the fact, even with the latest drivers and sli profiles, the game still front loads my tri sli EVGA GTX280 FTW setup. I get like 85-90% utilization on the first card, and 25-35% utilization on the other 2 cards. The FPS just seems locked around 35-37 fps no matter what settings or resolution I use. Pretty annoying and I don't have the will power to try to figure out whats wrong. Too disappointed by Crytek.

"Did you know, Crysis 2 only has DX9"
"Really? OMFG the graphics suxx0rz"
"... horrible graphics..."
"...stupid consolification..."
"...dumbed down graphics..."
"OMFG I CAN'T ENABLE SUBSURFACE SCATTERING"
"OMFG BFBC2 HAS SSAO TICKBOX AND CRYSIS 2 DOESN'T"
"...graphics suck..."
"...stupid programmers, can't write something that pushes our hardware..."
"...they're all paid sites anyway..."

Since when is a programmer's job to write code that runs slowly on everything?
And since when did so many maggots who only echo each other creep into HardForum's member ranks?

I haven't read the 10 pages of QQ, but I take it the verdict is that after all their boasting, it ended up being a terrible-performing consolized port with a healthy portion of DRM slapped on it after all their talk about how it wouldn't be?

In light of that, would one suggest just getting the Xbox 360 version, since it's basically the "native" version?

Because the xbox 360 version looks even more crap then the suck PC version they put out and the controls suck more.

I rather just not but the full game and never play it again.

I wouldn't buy it at all. I will not support any game where the PC version is so lackluster. Beyond that I hate console FPS games but that's just me.

Geez Kyle, tell us how you really feel.

Can you blame him?

Lucky me my brother bought me a copy for helping him move crap out of his house over the weekend. Too bad the game is a failure.

I'm not really surprised that Crysis 2 turned out to be shit since the CEO is a fucking moron , I'm surprised the gaming media is just sucking down the PC version and barely pointing out its glaring issues.

I'm going to ebay my copy asap.

Your rant on the main page makes me really glad that I come here where people are hardcore PC gamers

They are so hardcore, that they didn't even play the game and just repeat the same thing others said in similar threads all over the place...:rolleyes:

Mob mentality at its finest!

Oh yes I forgot this one:

LOL

My favorite is still the one applied for the original Crysis:

"OMFG, Crysis doesn't run at 60 fps maxed @ 1920x1080, 4xAA on my Athlon X2 3800+, with a 8800 GT. Crysis is badly coded"

Shortly followed by "OMFG Warhead has worse graphics than Crysis. Crytek FAIL"

Whoever the poster was that said he was going back to black ops. You sir are one funny guy. I mean I LOL'd so hard I almost spit my coffee all over my screen. Hahahahaahaha.

Black ops? Seriously? ROFL ROFL ROFL Omg I can't stop laughing.....this games a pos yet black ops is a good game? bahahahahahaa

kk

They are so hardcore, that they didn't even play the game and just repeat the same thing others said in similar threads all over the place...:rolleyes:
You realize that's all you're doing, right? I mean, you do realize this, don't you?

anyone who thinks Crysis 2 looks better then Crysis either played Crysis 1 on a really crappy PC or is high...Crysis 2 still has a chance to be impressive (graphically) if Crytek can release the DX11 patch

there also seems to be a microsecond lag on certain keys...when I press jump or try to navigate the Nanosuit upgrades with my mouse there seems to be a very slight hitch or lag...the game is a console port in every way

Why would I pay 60 dollars for a game that all evidence shows me is not worth it?

This is a new engine, 3.5 years after the release of Crysis. I expected a certain product, and this does not live up to my expectations. No way I will pay full price just so that you can feel that I am qualified to complain about it.

So, what you're suggesting is, in spite of the majority of people who *have* played the game saying the game sucks, I should still go spend $60 to try it out.

You might call it mob mentality. I call it being smart with my money when the general public says this game is a steaming pile of shit.

I guess you also ran out and bought Gigli when it came out too? Surely you didn't listen to the mob of reviews that said it sucked, did you?

Your arguments are without merit.

F*ck consoles

I used to say that until I realized all the great games that were passing me by that you can't find anywhere on PC. I've found in this day and age if you claim to really like games you're doing yourself a disservice by not having a console. Sad, but true.

Still, Crysis 2 has hit the PC with the satisfying, deafening, dull thud that I thought it would.

No-buy for me.

Here is a gem of a quote from that forum.

"People are complaining about the graphics? WTF?

I understand some of the other complaints and may even agree with them to some degree, but this is the best looking and playing game I've come across on my PC thus far and by a rather wide margin. Honestly, it's going to piss me off every time I come across another game that doesn't look nearly as impressive yet still struggles to maintain a decent framerate."

Seriously, this isn't the only comment like this either. What fucking games have these people been playing on their PC previously to make comments like this.

I'm not trying to pile on, I have not played the game.....

but....

FarCry was a fabulous innovation, it was by far and away the most beautiful video game of the time, the giant monkeys got old, but the story and graphics were fresh.

Crysis was a good looking game, yes it was a graphics hog and the ice breathing aliens got old really fast, but again innovative graphically.

Crysis2 has failed to improve much on it's name-sake and it a console game, and I think that's what PC gamers are disappointed with......just no innovation from a group you expect it from.:D

Seriously, this isn't the only comment like this either. What fucking games have these people been playing on their PC previously to make comments like this.

I happen to agree and I play lot of games on the great hardware unless my sig rig sucks. What looks better is very subjective but to say that the graphics in Crysis 2 suck, that's just ridiculous negative hype.

I'm not trying to pile on, I have not played the game.....

but....

FarCry was a fabulous innovation, it was by far and away the most beautiful video game of the time, the giant monkeys got old, but the story and graphics were fresh.

Crysis was a good looking game, yes it was a graphics hog and the ice breathing aliens got old really fast, but again innovative graphically.

Crysis2 has failed to improve much on it's name-sake and it a console game, and I think that's what PC gamers are disappointed with......just no innovation from a group you expect it from.:D

Well Crytek's previous games at least set the bar graphically. The games themselves were usually not the greatest, but graphically they all set the bar high. This one if anything is under the bar they set four years ago and there is no reason for that.

Well Crytek's previous games at least set the bar graphically. The games themselves were usually not the greatest, but graphically they all set the bar high. This one if anything is under the bar they set four years ago and there is no reason for that.
right. that's the bottom line.

Exactly, not sure how anyone could disagree with that.

the game does suck in its present state but Crytek still has a chance to redeem themselves with the DX11 patch...if they don't release it then Crytek has lost all credibility and has sold out to consoles

3 games I had high hopes for (Bulletstorm, Homefront, Crysis 2) all end up being console ports and each company ignoring the pc gamer's request for more customizations and options. Ah, well patch it later on, buy it now attitude.

Back