Official Crysis 2 Thread

I would not say it's an 8/10 by any means, there are too many problems with a high profile game like this to give it that high of a score. I would say it's a 6/10 at best. I wish there was a SS button so I could take some SS's of the garbage I've seen.

Jumped in the water, see floating garbage.. taking a closer look the "garbage" is the same layout as stuff that's on the tables during the rooftop mission.. oh and you can't move it. See hot dogs on the grill (in the bun) want to knock it over, can't do anything to it. Walk up to a window to see reflection, nope it's a chromed up version of something that's not even in the alley I'm in. Helicopter in the sky just vanishes and a new one appears on the other side of the building. Textures numbed down for consoles.. sorry but it's exactly as Kyle said. I'm glad he has the balls to say it too, I'd give him a high-five if I knew him irl.

^^ I admit that I only spent about an hour in SP last night but I saw some of that myself.

Crytek: I will not be buying your shitty game. Not because I pirated it, because I didn't.

I will not be buying it because you have given me no reason to buy it. I bought Crysis 1 because the gameplay was innovative and the graphics were outstanding. Crysis 2 has worse graphics and non-innovative gameplay.

No thanks.

Not every game has to push your PC to the max.... why are PC gamers getting their whitey tighties in a wad because the game didn't max out there system. Crytek isn't responsible for your financial investment into your PC. Crytek is a business and is out to make money. High end PC gamers are the least profitable of the gaming group. Is it really taking you guys this long to figure that out? It has been proven time and time again that consoles games sale more.

wow first Dragon Age 2 now Crysis 2 this sucks
i can only hope that Mass Effect 3 doesnt suck

There will be no promotion of pirating in this thread. Vote with your wallet, not your five finger discount. Crysis 2 being the least pirated game of the year would be saying something.

wow first Dragon Age 2 now Crysis 2 this sucks
i can only hope that Mass Effect 3 doesnt suck

Dungeon Siege 3 is on my hope list also.

But I have very little hope left for any PC game.

You know... What bothers me here is all poring insults on people who play consoles. I play on console as much as I play on PC - I have a gaming capable PC at my place but only consoles at my parents place. I've always been playing on both as far as I can remember. These days it's between a 360 and a PC (although I do bring out the old Game Cube or PS1 for the kicks from time to time). Does this make me a douche who doesn't know better, retard, or any other name that has been said over and over again here too?

People are saying here that people who play on consoles are a bunch of 12 year olds who don't know better. But does insulting them make you any more mature?

I don't know really... I just feel uncomfortable with all this hatred, the way some are raging on, insulting people who haven't really done anything. At worst, the developers are the ones to blame... At moments I have the impression that this isn't entertainment any more; I feel like I'm reading about politics.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, there was the same amount of bitching and crying with Crysis because a lot of people couldn't run it maxed out. As for Crysis 2, maybe it's because I had very low expectations for this game to begin with, but I think its an OK game. Could have been MUCH better, but certainly could have been a lot worse. That said, I would have much preferred it if they stuck with the old sandboxy style gameplay and huge, open environments.

Thank you HardOCP for not sugar coating it at all. I see all of the latest fancy graphic card reviews such as the AMD 6990 and starting thinking, I want one!.... then I realize, why? There is absolutely no point. I can barely get my GTX 580 to break a sweat with any games coming out.

Some of the latest rumors suggest we won't see new consoles until 2015. I don't see any challenge coming to my PC until then at the earliest. I think Nvidia and AMD are in trouble from a Graphics card selling standpoint.

You know... What bothers me here is all poring insults on people who play consoles. I play on console as much as I play on PC - I have a gaming capable PC at my place but only consoles at my parents place. I've always been playing on both as far as I can remember. These days it's between a 360 and a PC (although I do bring out the old Game Cube or PS1 for the kicks from time to time). Does this make me a douche who doesn't know better, retard, or any other name that has been said over and over again here too?

People are saying here that people who play on consoles are a bunch of 12 year olds who don't know better. But seeing does insulting them you guys any more mature?

I don't know guys... I just feel uncomfortable at the way some are raging on, insulting people who haven't really done anything. At wort, the developers are the ones to blame...

Here's the sad truth of what it's come to though: PC gamers have to give a crap and wait for the lowest common denominator to get raised to see some real strides. In this case, it's MS's long in the tooth crapbox that I'm still surprised they didn't even tease a successor at the last couple of electronic shows.

It's so easy for me to start my rant from there about how I think MS is arguably the biggest enemy to PC gaming and has been for years but enough of you know my song on that by now.

I'll take your word for it so I don't have the background or credentials to say with authority either way on the subject.

I would never take the word from anyone that criticizes the first Crysis from being badly coded :)

The last batch of Console to PC games have been unplayable, i guess Crysis 2 is no exception.

Case in Point, Force Unleashed.. The damn in-game "help" says to press the "b" button or whatever that the xbox has instead of the binded PC control.. sucks.

Same with Bionic Commando, PC control doesnt exist.

At least there was some thought with Arkham Asylum, but it was less than ideal to control.

Then they water shit down to pond-scum like with Modern Warfare..

WTF is a PC guy supposed to do? Buy a damn 360 controller?

I just watch the interview video for crysis, and sadly they did exactly what was said, go where the market says. And sadly console gamers are the ones mostly paying for the cost game developement these days...

I have to speak up here, because that front page post went way too far.

Business is business, people and if you haven't figured out that it's a very risky investment to create AAA single-player PC-only games these days then you have your head in the sand. Crytek went to consoles because they had to. There's no doubt in my mind that Cevat wants to push the graphics envelope. He's even gone on record saying that consoles are holding Crytek back.

My condolences to those who aren't really gamers but simply test graphics cards all day --Crysis 2 is not for you.

So beyond the good/bad...anyone else get a weird mouse stutter when looking around slowly?

Here's the sad truth of what it's come to though: PC gamers have to give a crap and wait for the lowest common denominator to get raised to see some real strides. In this case, it's MS's long in the tooth crapbox that I'm still surprised they didn't even tease a successor at the last couple of electronic shows.

It's so easy for me to start my rant from there about how I think MS is arguably the biggest enemy to PC gaming and has been for years but enough of you know my song on that by now.

+1
the 360 is old instead of new consoles we got...... motion control DO NOT WANT i see the game industry heading for another crash

Problem is the 360 and PS3 have been said to have a ten year life cycle, which puts them both around half of their life cycle. We're still looking at about 4+ years before any new consoles come out.. unless Sega pulls a rabbit out of the hat again like with the Dreamcast. ;)

I would never take the word from anyone that criticizes the first Crysis from being badly coded :)

Except I've seen it enough times from enough people that seem to have some kind of techincal background considerably superior to mine that...hey, I can't know for sure. Maybe there's SOME grain of truth to it?

donjuandonjuancarlos said:

Business is business, people and if you haven't figured out that it's a very risky investment to create AAA single-player PC-only games these days then you have your head in the sand. Crytek went to consoles because they had to. There's no doubt in my mind that Cevat wants to push the graphics envelope. He's even gone on record saying that consoles are holding Crytek back.

My condolences to those who aren't really gamers but simply test graphics cards all day --Crysis 2 is not for you.

Um...when you see complaints about how much this thing's on rails now that speaks directly to gameplay and not just "testing videocards."

Why not actually read some of the criticisms and points more carefully before dropping stuff like this into threads?

Problem is the 360 and PS3 have been said to have a ten year life cycle, which puts them both around half of their life cycle. We're still looking at about 4+ years before any new consoles come out.. unless Sega pulls a rabbit out of the hat again like with the Dreamcast. ;)

*gasps* Don't even tease me like that.

WTF is a PC guy supposed to do? Buy a damn 360 controller?

That's what I did. It's unfortunate, but it really helped with several games that suffered from the "default Xbox 360 controller" problem. Dirt 2, NBA2k11 and MLB2k10 all suffered from the same issue you related, along with Force Unleashed like you mentioned.

Yes, it sucked spending $50 on a controller that I didn't necessarily need since I already had a decent logitech one, but now that I did it, I am much less frustrated with the control schemes of these games. If you have the money, I do recommend it.

It wasn't just the graphics that've been watered-down.

Incidentally I don't think Crysis 2 is a bad game. In fact, I think as a standalone title it's a very good game, but as a sequel to Crysis it's incredibly lackluster.

Yes the graphics aren't as good. Its like they went from lego to duplo.

They dumbed down the gameplay too. Buying upgrades with credits ffs?

Also... very little vehicle driving (thankfully that you can skip). A few rail-shooter parts that were pointless. Running around a city (even if its more linear) to me is more fun than jungle islands. No alien spaceship/vtol parts too. The cloak is much better now.

The story isn't the best and the plot twists are far too predictable but... the game is more fun to play.

Thank you HardOCP for not sugar coating it at all. I see all of the latest fancy graphic card reviews such as the AMD 6990 and starting thinking, I want one!.... then I realize, why? There is absolutely no point. I can barely get my GTX 580 to break a sweat with any games coming out.

Some of the latest rumors suggest we won't see new consoles until 2015. I don't see any challenge coming to my PC until then at the earliest. I think Nvidia and AMD are in trouble from a Graphics card selling standpoint.

First of all, taking someone else's opinion as fact is a very big mistake. As most things, you should try them yourself before you pass judgement. But suit yourself...

Second, NVIDIA and AMD are not going to have any problems in that regard. Crytek isn't the be-all-do-all in regards to graphics developments. Other companies push the boundaries too, like 4A Games and recently Epic, with its "new" UE3.
This isn't going to stop just because a "group" of people agrees with another group, that thinks a certain game sucks, without knowing that themselves.

And for those complaining about Crysis 2 because of the graphics...LOL

Um...when you see complaints about how much this thing's on rails now that speaks directly to gameplay and not just "testing videocards."

Why not actually read some of the criticisms and points more carefully before dropping stuff like this into threads?

You obviously haven't played it--or you just stealthed the whole way through. It's not Crysis 1, but it's hardly a rail shooter.

Crytek can't win. People bitched at them for making a game they couldn't run, implying that it was badly optimised and "just a tech demo" etc etc. Crytek gave them what they wanted and now they're still not happy.

They have delivered an 8-12 hour FPS game (double what you get with your average calladoody) that is nowhere near as scripted and linear as most games of this ilk, still has all the stuff that made Crysis fun, and adds some cutting edge engine tech. Say what you like about it being dumbed down graphics, there is no other game engine out there doing what Cryengine 3 is doing right now, even in DX9.

Wait for the DX11 update before throwing all your toys out the pram.

Last edited:
You obviously haven't played it--or you just stealthed the whole way through. It's not Crysis 1, but it's hardly a rail shooter.

I said earlier I've spent only about an hour in it. I haven't fully weighed down on how I feel about this game yet.

Certainly in the early goings I'm a little concerned with the increased sense of being on rails vs. part 1 where you start the game out and it's off into the wild open right off the bat.

I'm hopeful that as things move on I'll feel less like I'm rails. :)

If they really had to then never look for any game developer to push the boundaries again. Ever. AMD and NVIDIA might as well forget about selling high end graphics cards. There won't be much of a market for it if consoles remain the gold standard for game development.

First of all, taking someone else's opinion as fact is a very big mistake. As most things, you should try them yourself before you pass judgement. But suit yourself...

Too bad there isn't any single player demo to try it out. Closest we can get is to look at everyone else's opinion, and when you have these many negative feedback, risking 60 bucks is unwise.

And I hope no one would pirate it just to try it out. I think we'll be making a statement by not adding to its piracy statistic.

Stopped by to help out a friend with some firewall stuff and he had it up and running. I'm a long time gamer, long time... played good games, bad games, fun games, frustrating games, and everything in between.

As far as Crysis 2... it's horrible. The gameplay is less than enjoyable. I'm not all into the graphics thing... sure, pretty is nice and all, but if the game itself sucks... well, the pretties dont' help at all. I was completely bored after about 10 minutes. "Oh look, another wave of bad guys" "Oh look, another cut scene and a wave of bad guys".

I guess if you are 10 yo with an XBox it's a good game, but not for me. It's crap.

To anyone who bought the retail version, is this one of those games where you can ignore the disc, register the key on Steam, and have it behave from then on as a Steam game tied to your account?

DA2 was Great. Crysis 2 was not.

Crysis was consilized.....and it sucks total ass.

He is right, its a 2.99 purchase on steam later on.

I don't know how motivated Kyle will be but at some point if he feels like it I'd like to actually see him follow up that...come on it's more of a heartfelt rant than a "review" and I say that with a smile because I've done that myself many times :) ....with more of a real review with screenshots, Crysis 1 vs. 2, and the rest of it...if he felt like it of course. :)

Back