Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

From Acer's website "Customers desiring 100% pixel defect-free Notebooks or LCD Monitors can avail the same at additional charges. Please contact the nearest Acer Authorized Retailer / Reseller"

The option has always been available...just unlikely you'll get accommodation when stock is low.

Thanks for telling me. I had no idea. This is the only way I would buy this monitor at its high price. But its excellent Acer is offering this.

My wife is looking to get this for my birthday and I said I would help her find something and send her a link but I can't seem to find any in stock anywhere. I'm usually not an early adopter so I'm not sure how to go about when to check what sites and all that. Advice?

Antonline is trying to screw me over. I told them the monitor has massive amounts of dust trapped, as well as a few dead pixels, and they told me the following.

"Unfortunately, products with customer caused item, packaging or accessory damage; OR that are missing items, accessories or packaging; that cannot be returned in as new condition - exactly as you received the product are not eligible for return or refund."

I ordered it from them but via Amazon. Is it time to file a claim?

Antonline is trying to screw me over. I told them the monitor has massive amounts of dust trapped, as well as a few dead pixels, and they told me the following.

"Unfortunately, products with customer caused item, packaging or accessory damage; OR that are missing items, accessories or packaging; that cannot be returned in as new condition - exactly as you received the product are not eligible for return or refund."

I ordered it from them but via Amazon. Is it time to file a claim?

What does that sentence even mean? They saying you caused the problem?

I ordered from them too via amazon (won't get mine till tomorrow or the next day)... So according to them if I open the box check to see if it works, it is now used and cannot be returned if defective?

They are sounding all scammy. I have a mind to RMA it unopened once I receive it.

What does that sentence even mean? They saying you caused the problem?

I ordered from them too via amazon (won't get mine till tomorrow or the next day)... So according to them if I open the box check to see if it works, it is now used and cannot be returned if defective?

They are sounding all scammy. I have a mind to RMA it unopened once I receive it.

That's how it sounds. I in no way did anything they claim in that response.

That's how it sounds. I in no way did anything they claim in that response.

Yeah that's complete BS,I'd file ASAP. I ordered from them and I'm supposed to get it in tomorrow and I'm wondering whether I should open it or not. I already have a ROG that I'm supposed to return to Amazon and I'm going back and forth on what to do.

Well keep us posted, I am leaning toward (90+ percent) returning without opening -- nobody on this forum has given an antonline purchase a positive outcome.

Well keep us posted, I am leaning toward (90+ percent) returning without opening -- nobody on this forum has given an antonline purchase a positive outcome.

I don't really blame them for the poor quality monitor. That's completely Acer's responsibility. I'm betting that they just got a shipment from a very bad batch.

That's the other way that response can be interpreted--not that you have to keep the monitor because you caused the issues but that you have to return it directly to Acer because they don't take returns of defective merchandise.

doesnt acer have a manufacturer warranty? Or is it not very good? Those of you that got a bad one could just send it on its way to acer right?

That's the other way that response can be interpreted--not that you have to keep the monitor because you caused the issues but that you have to return it directly to Acer because they don't take returns of defective merchandise.

True, but Acer will typically say "return to vendor you bought it from". But still if this is the angle they are taking and they themselves were the recipients of a bad batch, I am reluctant to open a box from this batch.

I am still leaning toward returning unopend and get one from another batch elsewhere.

True, but Acer will typically say "return to vendor you bought it from". But still if this is the angle they are taking and they themselves were the recipients of a bad batch, I am reluctant to open a box from this batch.

I am still leaning toward returning unopend and get one from another batch elsewhere.

To be fair though its only been a couple people on this forum. Who knows how many satisfied customers have gotten theirs.

The reports are coming from all over the place according to these posts and I doubt the monitor is that popular outside of these niche circles.

To be fair though its only been a couple people on this forum. Who knows how many satisfied customers have gotten theirs.

Maybe, but is there anyone out there wanting to stand up and say that?

Monitor buying online has always made me skittish (done it a few times).

Monitor buying online has always made me skittish (done it a few times).

Yeah my first NEC2490WUXi ($1200!) came with a dead pixel dead center in the screen. I mean that's just the worst location for a pro image monitor. I had to get ugly on the phone to get a replacement, which had a dead subpixel (blue or green I forget) near the very top that was basically invisible.

Anyone gotten their ShopBLT orders yet? How has the condition of their monitors been?

Yes.

No dead pixels, dust-speckle sized smudge in bottom left corner. Unless you keep your screen perfectly clean 24/7 then you won't notice it.

I swear the panel feels loose from the frame in the corner too.

Overall if it were a regular monitor @ $800, I'd be pissed. Given gsync IPS 144 hz @ $800, the quality control is acceptable.

It's great to know that one of the most expensive PC component purchases I've made in 5 years (aside from my Philharmonitors) has weak quality control (just like my Philharmonitors).

There's something so appealing about the risk. But it's hard to anticipate the damn thing when I could be anticipating a panel plagued by trapped dust and groups of dead pixels.

Ok well I got mine in today from Antonline and decided to open it up on my lunch break. Looks like I got a good one as I don't see any dead or stuck pixels and there doesn't appear to be any backlight bleed. I only had about 20 minutes to mess around with it but everything appears to working great.

After contacting antonline, they basically are having me replace it via basically sending me a ups label going straight to Acer for fixing. Whatever fixing this monitor means, I do not know. I'm not entirely too pleased, as I've already gone through Acer, so it looks like I've spent $800 on something regardless. I guess at this point, I need to be that guy no one likes, the one who whines and whines until he gets what he wants just so he'll shut up. But, unlike a lot of people in this forum, I am OCD when it comes to monitors. I just can't tolerate even one dead pixel (or anything less than perfect).

I just got mine in from Antonline today as well and I have no dead pixels or dirt smudges anywhere on the screen. Even better I have no perceptible backlight bleed! I was so worried after seeing other people who ordered were having issues, but I got an excellent one it seems.

I have discovered that this 144Hz panel keeps my Titan X spooled up drawing an extra 82w from the wall, that's more than the PC at idle normally! (77w)

Ugh. Anyone else can confirm the same thing? PITA to manually switch to 144 for gaming. No problem for 120 / 100 / 85 / 60 Hz -- only 144 is afflicted.

Last edited:
I have discovered that this 144Hz panel keeps my Titan X spooled up drawing an extra 82w from the wall, that's more than the PC at idle normally! (77w)

Ugh. Anyone else can confirm the same thing? PITA to manually switch to 144 for gaming. No problem for 120 / 100 / 85 / 60 Hz -- only 144 is afflicted.

Pretty well-known issue at this point. Deafening silence from Nvidia for years now.

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=559
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...our-gpu-will-not-down-clock-high-power-usage/

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1854605
Last one could be useful.

does anyone know if gsync can work at 120hz?

anyway, when I get this monitor I will run desktop at 120hz and gaming at 144hz to avoid the high power consumption.

Big thanks +5 virtual rep. Works great 120 desktop 144 in-game.
1SSDQ9G.gif

I just got mine in from Antonline today as well and I have no dead pixels or dirt smudges anywhere on the screen. Even better I have no perceptible backlight bleed! I was so worried after seeing other people who ordered were having issues, but I got an excellent one it seems.

I got mine too (antonline), I decided to open it up and see.

I am proud to say no bad pixels (yay). I see some glow in the lower right, but I think that is fro, the blue led.

Switched over to 120hz for idle, thanks for mentioning that. Didn't realize it was using more power than necessary at idle on 144hz

I sort of cant believe i just clicked "buy" on something that expensive.

its in stock at tigerdirect.

I punched in gamma 1.4 and 66% vibrance in the nv control panel. Otherwise it just feels so "dry" compared to my old NEC2490. Also, using user color 52/44/48 RGB and gamma 1.9 in the monitor.

I punched in gamma 1.4 and 66% vibrance in the nv control panel. Otherwise it just feels so "dry" compared to my old NEC2490. Also, using user color 52/44/48 RGB and gamma 1.9 in the monitor.

that's not good, I am using the original 2490wuxi too, but like with any new monitor, it takes time to get used to the new panel.

but I already know that my next monitor will never be as good as my NEC in terms of color production, but I need to switch to these higher 120/144hz displays.

that's not good, I am using the original 2490wuxi too, but like with any new monitor, it takes time to get used to the new panel.

but I already know that my next monitor will never be as good as my NEC in terms of color production, but I need to switch to these higher 120/144hz displays.

Yah I know. 2490 is top-dog beautiful, but that 60Hz tearing since I can't stand 60Hz classic vsync lag (on top of 2490's processing lag.) I don't photoshop for a living, so as long as I can get adjust it into the ballpark of acceptability ...

Ehh looks like my dillema of whether to buy it now from alternate or wait for more local shops got solved automatically since alternate.pl no longer shows any stock :(

For those of you that own it what is the verdict on these? I am ready to make the leap..

Have had mine a few days now, no dead pixels and working fine - bought from Acer. Its absolutely amazing.

For those of you that own it what is the verdict on these? I am ready to make the leap..

I only spent 4 hours with mine so far; Love it. Ill play more tonight but IPS, 1440, and 144htz has hit all the right buttons for me.

Back