OCZ Vertex Limited Edition 100GB

WTF EVERY TIME I PRESS ADD TO CART PRICES JUMPS $300-$600?!?! THIS IS SOME F'D UP APRIL FOOLS!! :mad:

No idea why they are so cheap. Pissed that I missed trying for the 250GB. Not actually expecting these to ship, but with the standard warranty, even if they fail, OCZ will have to replace them with something, and it'd likely be better-ish.

Wow the 250GB sure sold out quick. I spent 5 minutes looking at reviews and by the time I learned it used the Indilinx Barefoot controller they were all gone. :(

Still showing in stock over here. Too bad I don't have the cash sitting here for an ssd...

Edit: Annnnnnnd right after posting that, the price is back up... :p

let the cancellation notifications begin!

(i got shipping soon, notification)

please keep this thread updated, so curious to know if any of these ship. If so, that is [H]ot deal of the year easily. goddamnit if I wasn't playing BF:BC2....

I saw them at $51~ on buy.com shipped by datavis. In for 4. Lets see what happens..

Weird.

I expect cancellation emails to be arriving but I woulda given it a shot also. :)

Good luck to those that ordered!

I wouldn't get your hopes up as these drives are being sold and shipped from Datavis.com. One quick Google lookup and you'll see that they don't even have 1/10 - it's actually 0.87/10.

For those who ordered, definitely good luck.

Not all of them were being sold through datavis. Buy.com sells stuff via marketplace, amazon had 3-4 different places shipping them and had reputable ratings compared to datavis.

and i tried to order 5 more, but when I add to cart it say that the item price has changed (from 69.99) and is no longer available at that price... but 69.99 still shows on the page. (this is all on buy.com).

CRAP

Wont let me add the item to my cart :(

edit: Looks like they caught on finally price is back up to 300~ GL on you guys that got this deal, hope it doesnt get cancelled for ya

Last edited:
I call BS on this and the 240gb. Someone that ordered please report back if it arrives and if real.

Wont let me add the item to my cart :(

edit: Looks like they caught on finally price is back up to 300~ GL on you guys that got this deal, hope it doesnt get cancelled for ya

Yeah, that's what was happening to me on the second round of 5. I wonder if all these places got in on some closeout stock from OCZ or or one of their large distributors, or something?

Waiting on cancellation, at this point.

They're OOS now, too. ratings do look good, though.

I call BS on this and the 240gb. Someone that ordered please report back if it arrives and if real.

all I can say is that I hope you're wrong. flipping these could fund my trip to Dallas for QuakeCon. :D

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
it's a 250, and it was $118 for me (missed the original deal)...just picked up 3 of those, too.

for what its worth i received an email from buy.com stating my address has been verified and my item has been released for shipment

i bought 4x drive (2 from buy.com, 2 from amazon) from different places to see how well it would go. So far, buy.com still says my order was processing which i had ordered close to the beginning of this sale. Amazon, the drives are sold by hpp enterprises, given me a update say's their ready to be shipped. I'll post more updates as needed ;)

My order from buy.com is also still showing "Processing" which is where it's been since I placed my order last night.

HEHE! You beat me by 11 minutes and I thought I was one of the earliest ones to get in on the deal...guess not :( Mine is: Apr. 1, 2011 21:51:12 PDT

Still processing here. My order number is 600052xx. I'm honestly not expecting them to ship, but if they do... that would be so amazing. :D

Damn, wish I got home earlier. I would have loved to snagged some of these for raid. Grats to anyone who ordered if they ship @ that price. :)

Is this a dead deal? Price on the website indicates yes, OP doesn't show yes/no.

Is this a dead deal? Price on the website indicates yes, OP doesn't show yes/no.

yes it's dead. all that's left is playing the waiting game to see if orders go through and are valid.

looks like some people from slickdeals have already received some cancellation notifications

my amazon shows shipping soon, but buy.com still shows processing. I have a feeling buy.com will be canceled

my amazon shows shipping soon, but buy.com still shows processing. I have a feeling buy.com will be canceled

I started to make my purchase at buy.com but when they charged tax I cancelled and bought 2 from amazon. If buy.com cancels I will be very glad they tried to charge me tax.
:D

My credit card has already been charged the full amount so... I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Some slickdeals people were checking their order through datavis.com and it seems like most of their orders got the X or H (which I assume means cancel and hold). Their order status page has been down though.

I assume mine is from datavision as well but I bought through buy.com so fast that I didn't check.

In for 4. Paid with paypal. Should be interesting. :)

Use promo code TJOOS to get $5 off.

Total price for my order was $265.

Back