OCZ Vertex Limited Edition 100GB

Balzac

[H]ard|Gawd
Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Ordered one right now, there has to be something up with that price, I have this drive running my system and it rocks

in for six. 4 from amazon, two from buy.com.

I have no idea why it's so cheap, but for .50c per GB on a SSD, buy first ask questions later.

seems like a lot of these have had problems.. but we'll see... i just ordered 2

almost jumped out of my chair... but but after some looking around.. these drives are known to fail within months.

good if you want to try them out. just make sure you have them on a constant redundancy backup!

In for two. One for the laptop. The second for... I don't know what but I'll figure it out. I believe these have a 3-year warranty so if they break at least we can hopefully get some more reliable replacements.

I think I'm going to do raid 0 with all six just so I can have more than a gigabyte per second read and write....

Just ordered another from buy lol, I have had 2 fail so far but ocz rma is great so screw it

Geez some moron immediately just went and posted it on slickdeals after stating he bought them himself.

Nice job, now nobody gets them.

In for 2 from both places. Will wait and see whether it happens or not.

:( I hope not

Too late. There will be 10,000+ orders by morning.

Buy.com will process your card and hold the money hostage for two weeks, finally cancelling.

They will offer a $5 voucher as an apology.

It's happened time after time after time.

there are 3 amazon stores that sell this ssd for under 63.99 get em while there hot.. wont last

UPDATE:

i changed my mind and ordered 4. trying to get them while there so cheap

Jumped on 4. I've had 2 since shortly after they came out. Still running strong.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buy.com has reset the price to 400, amazon still holding strong but stocks almost up

Good luck with this deal and the SSD. I'm having problems with my Vertex 2. :(

Looks like the deal is over.

gen 1 sandforce; this means do the "leave back end of drive unpartitioned" trick to prevent problems?

I think I'm going to do raid 0 with all six just so I can have more than a gigabyte per second read and write....

"And I can give you a gigabyte, in a nanosecond."

-George Carlin

Man, I love that guy. Anyway, this is really hot. Must resist.

cant seem to find anymore under 300, that was fun while it lasted

Wow the 250GB sure sold out quick. I spent 5 minutes looking at reviews and by the time I learned it used the Indilinx Barefoot controller they were all gone. :(

I mean, I know SSDs are coming down in pricing but... something is wrong at Buy.com, especially on that 250GB drive, even in spite of it being pretty much a year old and old tech.

Damn... that's just crazy fuckin' insane pricing... and here I am 10 hours after I paid all my damned bills this month, BROKE.

SHIT. :p

Back