OCZ AGILITY 250GB 110$

I hope somebody, somewhere, gets a great bargain SSD but I wouldn't wanna put money on it. :D

Good Luck!

Agreed. If this works out for others I'll be bashing my head on the desk. Unfortunately I just can't afford to risk it.

0.83/10 reseller rating? Wow, I think that is the worst I have ever seen...

see the thing is, the 100gb ocz vertex limited edition and the 250gb ocz agility drives, were on marketplace from various vendors with reputable ratings.. dataviz was the one with really bad ratings..

Bummer. I've got a UPS ship notification.

i wasnt able to get the 250gb ocz; however, im waiting to see if i get any of the 4x 100gb ocz le i ordered. keep us posted when you receive yours.

The OCZ drives are a joke. I am actually running one in my main machine now, but that is only because I had to go through 6 different ones before I got one that worked for more than a couple weeks. OCZ was kind of douches about it, too.

I won't be buying any OCZ SSDs in the future unless there's some serious quality control done on the SSD drives. All of them were the 256 MB models, either Agility 2 or Vertex 2. Both versions sucked rocks for reliability.

Finally gave up with the one in the laptop and took it back. Found one that worked in the desktop and it's been running fine since. 1 out of 6 is a crappy ratio.

The OCZ drives are a joke. I am actually running one in my main machine now, but that is only because I had to go through 6 different ones before I got one that worked for more than a couple weeks. OCZ was kind of douches about it, too.

I won't be buying any OCZ SSDs in the future unless there's some serious quality control done on the SSD drives. All of them were the 256 MB models, either Agility 2 or Vertex 2. Both versions sucked rocks for reliability.

Finally gave up with the one in the laptop and took it back. Found one that worked in the desktop and it's been running fine since. 1 out of 6 is a crappy ratio.

really? ive never owned an ssd but i thought ocz name was good.

Yeah, so did I... but boy was I wrong. Had to RMA and/or return the drives and it was a major pain. The problems were all known problems, too, yet they were still shipping the drives.

One of the RMAs was due to trying to fix the problem with a firmware update sent to me by OCZ support which bricked the drive.

A couple of them would eventually stop accepting changes to the disk. You could read from it just fine, and it would appear to be writing changes to the disk, but after a power cycle, the drive would be back to the point where it "failed." The first time this happened, it took me awhile to figure out just what the hell was going on... my Windows desktop kept returning to the state it was in before the previous boot... then I noticed some documents missing (that was a pain in the ass) and I finally figured out what was happening. Did a search for those symptoms and low and behold, lots of people with that problem. Two different drives did that, both Vertex I believe.

The Agility drives would just up and fail and be non-responsive for the most part... The one I have in my machine now is an Agility, it's held up for 6+ months now, so I'll keep it till it dies. I really would like something larger than 256MB though.

I wonder if these are repacked fails... lol

I tried an older jmicron SSD that stuttured badly and returned it, then went intel and have had zero problems on either my 40 or 80 gig. I just wish i could believe this thread is real cause I really could use me some fast I/O in large qty.

10x more OCZ LE 100gb ssds were on howard technology store ebay today ... they sold out fast lol

I also started with the Agility 2 and Vertex 2 and ended up getting rid of both and getting Intel X25-M's awhile back.

The Intel's in both of my machines have been rock solid so I don't care to venture back to OCZ land. I don't put much stock in the bench marks either, as the Intel "in my machine and running day to day stuff" seems much snappier and quicker than either OCZ.

i'm using the intel rebranded kingston 40GB SSDNow's at the moment. But for the price and 3 yr warranty i figure i give it a try

Aztek Computers is another one of those pretty shady looking businesses. BBB has them rated as a D and consumer research has them as a 6.54 over the last six months.

Not quite a scam business, but apparently pretty frequently cancels after weeks of holding your money or ships refurb products as new with almost no customer support.

grab-a-beer-some-popcorn-demotivational-poster-1251488347.gif

I ordered one from Aztek just for the hell of it. Order will probably be cancelled but I can only hope that I'll luck out...

i'm definitely not ordering anymore...

but i've updated the links

I ordered using paypal just so they dont try any funny business since I never bought from them before.

Item No. Item Qty Unit Price Ext. Price
DDHOCZSSD21AGT250G
OCZSSD2-1AGT250G 1 $111.68 $111.68
Subtotal :
$111.68
Shipping (UPS Ground):
$11.54
Total: $123.22

hawkexpress.com i ordered 1 and it reached the confirmation page...we'll see how this goes

Back