October Nexus Prime rumors

Good find sblantipodi :)

So it says "But there’s a catch. There are currently two Nexus/Prime devices — the SCH-i515 (Droid Prime) and GT-I9250 (Nexus Prime)."...hmm, interesting.

Good find sblantipodi :)

So it says "But there’s a catch. There are currently two Nexus/Prime devices — the SCH-i515 (Droid Prime) and GT-I9250 (Nexus Prime)."...hmm, interesting.

I'm really impatient to buy the next pure google :)

I'm really impatient to buy the next pure google :)

Same... you won't believe the shit I passed up. I was offered to get my first smartphone for my birthday in June... My first want was the Samsung Galaxy S2... except it was revealed WAY too late that I CAN'T get it because of Verizon... Then the Thunderbolt came out and I wanted it, except there just wasn't enough positive out of it... Same with the Droid 3.... Then ICS was being talked about so much and I just figured it was worth the wait.... So now I sit here... 4 months later and it hasn't even been announced yet *sigh*

Oh well, it better come within 2 weeks of the iPhone or I will have my first Apple Product.... It's like pointing a gun at my head and yelling at Verizon "DONT MAKE ME DO IT!!!" :p

I stopped checking all the stories and rumors about what, where and when for the NP. I'll buy it when it's released and if it meets expectations. If it doesn't, I'll see what the iPhone 5 has to offer. If they both suck, I'll save a couple of Chunky soup cans and buy a big ball of string.

Same... you won't believe the shit I passed up. I was offered to get my first smartphone for my birthday in June... My first want was the Samsung Galaxy S2... except it was revealed WAY too late that I CAN'T get it because of Verizon... Then the Thunderbolt came out and I wanted it, except there just wasn't enough positive out of it... Same with the Droid 3.... Then ICS was being talked about so much and I just figured it was worth the wait.... So now I sit here... 4 months later and it hasn't even been announced yet *sigh*

Oh well, it better come within 2 weeks of the iPhone or I will have my first Apple Product.... It's like pointing a gun at my head and yelling at Verizon "DONT MAKE ME DO IT!!!" :p

Hah, same here. I've been eligible since May and pretty much had the same experience. Though I really don't think this will force me into getting the iPhone 5. If anything, I'll take the HTC Vigor/Incredible HD/Thunderbolt 2/Rezound/Fanfriggintastic (lol) before I'd take the iPhone.

There's a Samsung event on Oct 11, although I doubt they can announce anything if Google haven't come out with ICS by then.

Google is trying to be like Apple and not release any info. It doesn't work when your OS is licensed by multiple oem's on hundred's of devices. It's much better to tell people what new features and phones are coming (like Microsoft did with Mango) so they're willing to wait, or people will jump ship.

I guess Google doesn't really care if you wait for the Nexus or buy whatever Android phone has the best deal out now - its just another customer to them.

It seems accurate with that that anonymous 4chan user said. So I'm leaning toward it being legit.

Looks great to me so far. I really like the apps preview it shows for running/previously ran apps. I wish he would have shown the browser though as that's what the 4chan guy said they improved the most. Hopefully Google won't kill him immediately so he can make some more videos of it. There's no reason why he shouldn't.

Im sure its legit, looks like what all the rumors were saying.

However, its basically the same story on how the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5, were "lost" at a San Francisco bar...just getting the hype machine going as iPhone 5 is to be announced next week from what I hear and then the following week Ice Cream Sandwich.

UPDATE: http://androidandme.com/2011/09/new...faces-online-developers-confirm-authenticity/

Looks like the phone was remotely wiped now. Im sorry, but if I received a phone on "accident" with Ice Cream Sandwich and was going to take a video of it for the world to see, I would not of done a 2 minute preview, but more of a 20 minute preview to show off everything. I find this hard to believe that its not a publicity stunt.

Last edited:
ICS looks a whole lot like normal Android to me. I was hoping for a full revamp of sorts :(

ICS looks a whole lot like normal Android to me. I was hoping for a full revamp of sorts :(

That is what I was thinking. The video looks so unimpressive, I thought it had to be fake. Oh well, just a couple more weeks to go.

ROFL... yeah, it looked kind of like normal honeycomb to me too... but on a phone...

Don't let your honeycomb tablet spoil you too much!

Really...October 11th?
really....no....really?

Does "announced" mean released?

I need, I want, I must buy at retail!
:(

ROFL... yeah, it looked kind of like normal honeycomb to me too... but on a phone...

Don't let your honeycomb tablet spoil you too much!

Well ever since Honeycomb been released its been hinted numerous times the phone OS will basically look like Honeycomb in many aspects. This doesn't surprise me at all.

Well ever since Honeycomb been released its been hinted numerous times the phone OS will basically look like Honeycomb in many aspects. This doesn't surprise me at all.
Obviously you didn't read the 2 posts before mine... Speak sarcasm, dammit!

One of the big deals for "Ice Cream", will finally be official GPU acceleration built into the stock OS. This will make all phones running Ice Cream smooth as butter, with ZERO lag whatsoever.

One of the big deals for "Ice Cream", will finally be official GPU acceleration built into the stock OS. This will make all phones running Ice Cream smooth as butter, with ZERO lag whatsoever.
STOP THE HYPE OF "ZERO-LAG"

There will always be lag. It's programmatically impossible to not have lag.

The lag will be greatly reduced. That's for sure.

STOP THE HYPE OF "ZERO-LAG"

There will always be lag. It's programmatically impossible to not have lag.

The lag will be greatly reduced. That's for sure.

I agree, it is just that all my iPhone friends always slam Android due to lag in the browser or apps, or switching screens, they say their iPhone has zero lag, and is smooth as butter, so with Android finally adding GPU acceleration, it should equal the playing field :)

Oh God I hope so. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about lag.

Too bad T-mobile no longer supports my phone and I'll never see this update :(

Last edited:
All will be revealed October 11th at the big Samsung/Google event :)

is there a time machine for people who can't wait?

If prime will not use the new Samsung 1.5GHz dual core, and I don't think so,
what CPU will it use?

The same CPU used in the galaxy S2?

All will be revealed October 11th at the big Samsung/Google event :) Good timing huh ? Just one week after the iPhone5 announcement.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-and-google-appear-poised-some-possible-ice-cream-sandwich-ctia
I actually marked that on my calendar :D If the Prime is a homerun I might buy off contract and make up some of the difference by selling my Vibrant. If not my Vibrant works well enough to last me until I switch off T-mobile to Sprint.

If the prime has a 1280x720 resolution screen and better specs than the galaxy S2, I'm buying the sucker off contract.

I would like to start buying accessories to relieve the waiting,
If someone see some accessories for the I-9250, please keep us posted.

I need:
1) An additional batteries with the charger+dock for the external battery/phone
2) A USB OTG cable
3) A car mounting kit with car charger
4) An HDMI cable if it isn't too expensive
5) A good case if it is not included in the bundle.

Where will be the best place besides ebay.com to buy this phone? No where...right?
I'm just kind of sick of ebay. I wish there was a competitively priced site for buying phones
off contract. I want (must have) this but I want this off contract.
(I'm very upset Verizon got rid of 1 year contracts)

hoping it will have a micro SD support. nexus s hasn't this support, never be wrong two times in a row :rolleyes:

hoping it will have a micro SD support. nexus s hasn't this support, never be wrong two times in a row :rolleyes:
I agree....the two things that killed that phone for me were the lack of an external SD card slot and a crappy camera.

Where will be the best place besides ebay.com to buy this phone? No where...right?
I'm just kind of sick of ebay. I wish there was a competitively priced site for buying phones
off contract. I want (must have) this but I want this off contract.
(I'm very upset Verizon got rid of 1 year contracts)

CRAIGSLIST!

On another note, I just got a 1 yr contract with Verizon. It is a business/corp account, but they are giving it to someone. :-(

CRAIGSLIST!

On another note, I just got a 1 yr contract with Verizon. It is a business/corp account, but they are giving it to someone. :-(
I have to admit, this pisses me off (some). I highly doubt the "Not enough people used it" excuse is even close to valid. More like more and more people started using it and we want guarantees of longer stays.

A one year contract is fine. A two year contract is too long IMO.

I have to admit, this pisses me off (some). I highly doubt the "Not enough people used it" excuse is even close to valid. More like more and more people started using it and we want guarantees of longer stays.

A one year contract is fine. A two year contract is too long IMO.

I think the iphone was the sole reason for these going away.

Can Samsung Galaxy SII be upgraded to Android 4?

Nobody knows right now but even so, you can be certain it will.

PS if you didn't know, 4 isn't out yet (most likely out on Oct. 11, but it won't be immediately available. Likely the Nexus Prime that will be introduced get it first, and if the older Nexus' don't get it same day they'll get it soon after, followed by other phones)

Back