October Nexus Prime rumors

More Nexus Prime Info Leaks: 'Official' Name, Screen Size, Device Thickness, And Possible Launch Date
More Nexus Prime Info Leaks: 'Official' Name, Screen Size, Device Thickness, And Possible Launch Date

It could be called the Droid Prime on VZW, but for the majority of its life thus far, it has been referred to as the Nexus Prime. Like with all devices, this name will most likely change upon release and it is now being suggested that it will be called the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Not a major change, and, in fact, I think this is the best rumored name thus far.

According to the tipster, it won't be sporting a 4.5-inch display like past leaks have suggested, but rather a 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD display which will be slightly curved, much like the Samsung Nexus S. Keeping in line with Sammy's recent nature of making ultra-thin devices, the Galaxy Nexus is said to be a mere 8.8mm thick with an all-metal chassis, making it just a tiny bit thicker than the global variant of the Galaxy S II.

Finally, and possibly most importantly, is the launch date. Right now it's rumored that it will be released at the end of October, which falls right into place with the suggested arrival of ICS.

It's going to be called the Google Samsung Galaxy Prime Nexus S 3 4G.

I called it. :p

Quad, that's actually not very true at all. They use much less power when displaying blacks, but they use much MORE power displaying whites. And with web browsing primarily being a white screen... The power differences aren't that great in the end, really.
Of course I was generalizing a bit, but overall AMOLED in a *non-iphone* seems the way to go since Google is darkening interface features more and more each subsequent release.

http://www.displaymate.com/Smartphone_ShootOut_1.htm

Last edited:
I want, I must have, I will get! I just hope to know the retail price soon as I may have to buy it at retail.

Samsung Nexus Prime Support Page Pops Up, Rumored Specs Trickle Out
http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/08/samsung-nexus-prime-support-page-pops-up-rumored-specs-trickle-out/

First of all, the flagship Ice Cream Sandwich handset will most certainly have a more impressive resolution than phones that have been launched over the last two years. But past that, GSM Arena‘s tipster also mentions that the Prime will sport a 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD display, which could mean that we’ll see the same resolution as we do on the Galaxy Note: 1280×800.

The tipster also mentioned that the Prime will take on the same contoured display as the Nexus S, and have a waist line of just 8.8mm. Oddly enough, the source said that Samsung has opted for an entirely metal chassis on this little guy, which is quite the deviation from its usual plastic casing.

I am foaming for this new Nexus device, had the Nexus-One, and now the Nexus-S 4G. This looks to be the biggest update to Android in a very long time, and this will be a Super-smartphone. Curious to see what Apple has in store with the iPhone5 to compete with this beast ?

Someone smart guess the retail price right now! (Cause I have to buy it at that...lol)

$500? :cool:
$600?:rolleyes:
$700?:confused:
$800? :eek:

Anonymous 4Chan user goes hands on with the Nexus Prime, Ice Cream Sandwich
http://androidandme.com/2011/09/dev...s-on-with-the-nexus-prime-ice-cream-sandwich/

- Reps said that Verizon passed on the SGSII to have an exclusive deal with Samsung to stock the Galaxy Nexus.

- The SGN will run on Samsung’s Exynos dual core CPU clocked at 1.5 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Super AMOLED Plus 4.65-inch 1280 x 720 HD display, 16 GB internal memory (with SD card slot). It's 8.8mm thick with a metal body and a 2000 mAh battery (the same as the new one that’s being released for the Galaxy S II).

- It is heavier than the SGSII, weighing in at around 130g-140g because of the metal casing. It feels nice and has got decent weight.

- The phone is blazingly fast; I guess it’s as fast the SGS II. It has no issues with general use and opens apps, drawers, etc. instantly. No lag. I tried opening a whole bunch of apps, but it was still running smooth and would auto-kill once it got overloaded anyway, so you never feel the performance taking a hit.

Ice Cream Sandwich:

- Ice Cream Sandwich is very nice. It works like the current Gingerbread OS but has gotten a major facelift. The menus are a lot nicer and smoother, screens have a ‘glassy’ look to them. It just feels more polished with more animations (fast and smooth) when accessing things on the phone.

Anonymous 4Chan user goes hands on with the Nexus Prime, Ice Cream Sandwich
Anonymous 4chan user? That's a reliable source right there.

Reps said that Verizon passed on the SGSII to have an exclusive deal with Samsung to stock the Galaxy Nexus.

Awesome, now I'll have to pay Vz's inflated monthly prices to own this hotness. I was hoping it would percolate to other carriers, like the Nexus S 4G.

The SGN will run on Samsung’s Exynos dual core CPU clocked at 1.5 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Super AMOLED Plus 4.65-inch 1280 x 720 HD display, 16 GB internal memory (with SD card slot). It's 8.8mm thick with a metal body and a 2000 mAh battery (the same as the new one that’s being released for the Galaxy S II).

Wasn't it was confirmed that there would be no SD slot like the previous Nexus phone?

So, on the one hand, it sounds like everything we're asking for (higher res screen, big battery, fast CPU, lots of RAM, SD slot). On the other hand, it sounds too good. This isn't the Samsung that I know; they have to fuck up at least one thing on every smart phone they release. Considering the source, I don't know if I should believe or not. :confused:

Last edited:
Awesome, now I'll have to pay Vz's inflated monthly prices to own this hotness. I was hoping it would percolate to other carriers, like the Nexus S 4G.

No you won't, that's what Amazon wireless, Wirefly, Costco and all other phone retailers are for. If you shop around, you can get the Bionic (that just launched 8 day ago) for well under $200.

Wasn't it was confirmed that there would be no SD slot like the previous Nexus phone?

No specs have really been confirmed, just consistently rumored. Also, the Nexus S doesn't have an SD card slot.

So, on the one hand, it sounds like everything we're asking for (higher res screen, big battery, fast CPU, lots of RAM, SD slot). On the other hand, it sounds too good. This isn't the Samsung that I know; they have to fuck up at least one thing on every smart phone they release. Considering the source, I don't know if I should believe or not. :confused:

There is one thing wrong with the Prime, IMO (if it's true). The retard huge 4.65" screen. I think 4.3" is too big, so unless the phone has nonexistent borders so the phone isn't too tall, then it's going to be awkward as hell for me to use. But hopefully I can get used to it, which I'm willing to for the rest of the benefits/specs of the phone.

The 4.65" also covers the bottons, since the capacitive buttons will be integrated in the display and shift when the phone goes to landscape. Won't be any larger than a 4.3".

No you won't, that's what Amazon wireless, Wirefly, Costco and all other phone retailers are for. If you shop around, you can get the Bionic (that just launched 8 day ago) for well under $200.

I was talking about the monthly cost of a plan on Verizon, not the cost of the phone. I have a cheap, contract-less plan on T-Mobile ($60/month) that gets me 500 minutes, unlimited messaging, and "unlimited" data. To get the "equivalent" plan on Vz, I'm looking at $90/month. Sure, Vz service is faster and more reliable but I'm not convinced that it's worth the cost.

I was talking about the monthly cost of a plan on Verizon, not the cost of the phone. I have a cheap, contract-less plan on T-Mobile ($60/month) that gets me 500 minutes, unlimited messaging, and "unlimited" data. To get the "equivalent" plan on Vz, I'm looking at $90/month. Sure, Vz service is faster and more reliable but I'm not convinced that it's worth the cost.

There's always the possibility of purchasing it at retail ($650-$750) and taking it to PagePlus on their "Talk n Text 1200" (1,200 Minutes, 3,000 Text/MMS Messages, 100 MB Data) prepaid plan. Of course that will limit your available internet "BUT" it'll give you the best smartphone on the best network (Verizon) for $30 a month (tax free) with no contract.100MB of data will let you check email and browse a little, WiFi for the rest!

Jus' Say'n...lol

Information regarding upcoming Nexus Prime Leaks

nexus-prime-phone1.jpg

http://www.seednonym.com/2011/09/information-regarding-upcoming-nexus.html

- This phone reportedly looks rather similar to the Sprint version of SGS2, but with a curved glass as such the Nexus S. The Nexus Prime is expected to be large, weighing 130-140g and metal brushed for body. It is reported to be only 8.8mm yet packing a 2000mAh battery.
- Verizon will be getting exclusive rights to the Nexus Prime.
The Nexus Prime also sports a 4.65" SuperAMOLED Plus display at HD resolution (1280x720). This is about 300ppi of AMOLED goodness and even surpasses the screen of Galaxy Note.
- It runs Samsung's Exynos chipset, clocked at 1.5Ghz with 1GB of RAM and 16GB on-board memory with expandable memory slots.
- The phone is reportedly extremely fluid and fast, and it is believed Ice Cream Sandwich will bring further optimization for the processor, let alone the powerful chipset.

I don't get the exclusivity thing. If it's supposed to be the "standard" bearer for current gen google phones, shouldn't it be available to all/most carriers?

The Droid Prime will be exclusive to Verizon, kind of like how the Epic Touch is exclusive to Sprint. Samsung has already confirmed the Nexus Prime to be coming to all carriers. Dunno if it's going to be just like the Galaxy formula where all carriers get it at nearly the same time.

P.S. The Sprint Epic Touch got a higher review score than the international edition... WHAT?

I have tried many Android phones, and the Nexus brand has impressed me most. I hope this comes out by December.

Samsung has already confirmed the Nexus Prime to be coming to all carriers.

Please post link. I read every tech site and forum, 24/7, have not seen any "official" comment from Samsung or the carriers about the Nexus-Three "Prime", everything it just rumors and speculation still.

I do know Verizon is getting a phone named "Primed" might be called the Droid-Prime or the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and will be the first phone available running "Ice Cream". But I have heard ZERO info that other carriers are getting that same phone any time soon, it sounds like Verizon first, on November 3rd, and sometime next year for everyone else.

I don't get the exclusivity thing. If it's supposed to be the "standard" bearer for current gen google phones, shouldn't it be available to all/most carriers?

The carriers give money to Google and the hardware providers to get an exclusivity window. Google really wants to be everyone's best friend, however they will sell quickly out for some green backs.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet but many sites are "claiming" November 3rd as the launch date. Of course no one really knows but it sounds about right (by being far off...lol).

captureyj.png

Please post link. ... But I have heard ZERO info that other carriers are getting that same phone any time soon, it sounds like Verizon first, on November 3rd, and sometime next year for everyone else.
Maybe I used the word official incorrectly, but a Samsung representative has been quoted to say it's going for a global launch with all US carriers. And that it has 2 products ID's seems to suggest the same.

And here it is again:
http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/09/18/google.nexus.prime.will.still.be.world.phone/

Per everything I have read on the upcoming Prime, Verizon will get it first for a November 3rd launch, and then the other carriers on November 24th.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-ck yeah that I passed up the Bionic for this shit. Ohhhh I'm jizzing in my pants. And if it gets delayed to December or something... you know what? Fuck it - I'll go iPhone 5 if it impresses.

Current rumor suggest that one of the Nexus Prime variants will have a hardware keyboard. I sure hope it's NOT Sprint's... Give it to AT&T!

Augh. Why would this have to be set a month after I need to switch to Verizon? D:

Buy a phone off of criagslist.com, borrow one, something. Then just sign up for month to month until this comes out. Also, stop making things so overcomplicated. :eek::D:D:D

No excuses either, do it! (Nike)

waitin for this babe... been waiting for a smart phone for over a month now but I'll just keep waiting.

very much so awaiting this phone.......though i yet to have a reason to replace my trusty HD2 w/ CM7 :D however.....dam do i want this, cant wait for GSM one's to be released

This phone should not be put out yet, if its the successor to the nexus S..... they haven't even implemented Google Wallet (using the nexus S NfC "wave and pay" type scanner).... they need to give full support (meaning ALL carriers, not just sprint) for their current "look at this new stuff" products before releasing a fucking new one!

I hope that the signal stenght is on good level.
Nexus S was orrible.

What? I am using my phone, full bars 3G, PLUS using it as my wireless router to share my internet.... 500kb/sec+ on my PC here :)

Greatest phone I've ever touched and I've touched a lot...... I truly don't see a reason for the Nexus Prime unless it has a MUCH BETTER GPU. The newer dual-core chip I don't have... yes it helps, but not needed in my Nexus S at all at this current time. All I want is a GPU upgrade on my Nexus S, but I doubt that is possible. stomps the iphone 4 in every possible way.....

Back