October Nexus Prime rumors

After receiving my Galaxy Note I have no desire to even pay any attention to news about the Nexus Prime any more. The Note has a bigger screen, faster CPU/GPU, better battery life, a stylus, and ICS in the soon coming future.

Except it's AT&T. Ain't never going back there.

Honestly the RAZR is a fine phone.

Oh I know its a good phone. I've just held out so long for the Nexus that I just about feel obligated. My only concern with the RAZR is the non-removable battery. I have to wonder how it will hold a charge almost 2 years from now. With my luck I'd probably get like 3 hours out of it :eek:

EDIT:

Well I was just browsing the Phandroid GN thread, and I noticed everyone saying they changed the specs of the phone on the webpage. Sure enough, the phone now says it's only 16gb instead of 32gb. I think 16gb non-expandable is going to be the final straw for me on the GN. Damn you Verizon....I feel so used :( See the new specs for yourself

Last edited:
Oh I know its a good phone. I've just held out so long for the Nexus that I just about feel obligated. My only concern with the RAZR is the non-removable battery. I have to wonder how it will hold a charge almost 2 years from now. With my luck I'd probably get like 3 hours out of it :eek:

Hah I feel, you there. I've only bought a few batteries in my life, not sure if I will with the Atrix.

Its not a bad reason to not get a phone.

12/8??!!

Fuck this, I am seriously just about to go get a RAZR at this point. If I had any clue what the buttons on the front would do when it gets ICS, I would go this weekend.

That is exactly Verizon's strategy by delaying the Nexus.

What pisses me off is that the hardware didn't seem to be exactly cutting edge when it was announced, and the longer they wait to release it the less inclined I am to buy it. I mean, it's one thing to question whether I should wait and see what is announced in the future, but it is another thing when they make the decision for me.

Yeah VZW is wrong about that.

My mother told me she wanted a new phone for Christmas. She is not a geek by any means. I asked her which one she wanted, and she said a RAZR. She said she liked the size of the screen, how thin it was, and the build. I asked her if she knew the battery wasn't removable, and she immediately changed her mind. She had the battery in her OG Droid replaced once under warranty, and she replaced it once on her own.

Non-removable battery is a deal killer to regular, ordinary people who have experienced repeated battery failure.

The razr battery is technically removable...

http://androidcommunity.com/droid-razr-battery-is-removable-if-you-dare-20111111/
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Motorola-Droid-RAZR-Teardown/7048/1

I picked up a couple razr's for my company's account. I like it a lot, probably the best phone I've used to date. It definitely makes waiting for the nexus to come out a lot easier ;)

The razr battery is technically removable...

http://androidcommunity.com/droid-razr-battery-is-removable-if-you-dare-20111111/
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Motorola-Droid-RAZR-Teardown/7048/1

I picked up a couple razr's for my company's account. I like it a lot, probably the best phone I've used to date. It definitely makes waiting for the nexus to come out a lot easier ;)

lol, I don't think my mother would be able to do that on her own.... but pretty cool to see.

I can't see that lasting, but let's see.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/11/19/galaxy-nexus-review-part-2-software-overview-and-final-thoughts/

We’d say the experience of moving from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich is comparable to how much faster the Nexus One felt moving from Eclair to Froyo (2.1 to 2.2). When you take a look at the benchmark results, keep in mind that for any graphical test the Galaxy Nexus is running at its native 1280×720 resolution; the GPU is pushing some 40% more pixels than a qHD display, so it’s not an apples-to-apples comparison. That being said, the device holds up extremely well — superbly even — given the circumstances. The one non-graphical benchmark, Sunspider Javacript test, scores higher than any other device to date, including the venerable Bell Galaxy S II.

Well I was just browsing the Phandroid GN thread, and I noticed everyone saying they changed the specs of the phone on the webpage. Sure enough, the phone now says it's only 16gb instead of 32gb. I think 16gb non-expandable is going to be the final straw for me on the GN. Damn you Verizon....I feel so used :( See the new specs for yourself

I wouldn't worry about that. Check out the GSM/HSPA+ variants specs; it also only lists 16 GBs when we all know there's a 32 GB variant. So I'm not sure why they took that off, but that leads me to believe that it's just a typo or editing error on Google's part.

Fuckit.
Much as I'd like to be saving $60/mo with a nexus instead of my EVO, the delays have revealed new phone spec rumors enough to say fuckit. HTC Zeta is probably the choice.
Quad core Krait will be damn impressive.

I'm really considering just going with the HTC Rezound or iPhone 4s at this point. Comments? Concerns?

Wow, they screwed up delaying this phone in a major way. A few days ago we were all rabid to get it, but over the last week more and more negative stuff has been surfacing. Now I'm even questioning the purchase myself. They could have had us all, lol.

I'm really considering just going with the HTC Rezound or iPhone 4s at this point. Comments? Concerns?

If you're fine with the iP4s, I'm surprised you don't already own one to be honest.

If I was okay with a 3.5" screen, losing Amazon App Store, losing SMS to Gmail backup (which doesn't require root), and having jailbroken only to realize that all those homebrew apps people rave about cost money to do very basic tasks, I would have one.

I won an iPod Touch 4G about a month after they came out, and it's really just sat there for the most part. iTunes no longer being required is a huge plus for me, but they need to be more open with tasks that I consider very basic.

The HTC Rezound mildly interests me. Removable battery and the SD card are both nice. What concerns me is the battery life and call quality, as I currently have a HTC device and am dissatisfied with both. The phone is also very thick. It's actually thicker than my current HTC Incredible, and it's almost as thick as a Droid.

For a quick comparison:
Rezound - 13.65mm
Inc1 - 11.9mm
Droid - 14mm
iP4s - 9.3mm
Droid RAZR - 7.1mm
Galaxy Nexus VZW - 9.47mm

Edit: LOL. http://androidcommunity.com/the-htc-rezounds-2750-mah-extended-battery-is-massive-20111115/

Adds 5-6mm. So, 18.65mm. You can fit two iP4s on top of each other.

Last edited:
yeah... i'm dying for a nexus but so sick of waiting i'm considering just grabbing the razr and being done with it.

yeah... i'm dying for a nexus but so sick of waiting i'm considering just grabbing the razr and being done with it.

Same here, but knowing that's exactly what Verizon's intent is in delaying the Nexus, I refuse to do it. Also, I've been holding out on my upgrade since June for this phone, so I'm not about to use it within a few days/weeks of the Nexus launch. My Droid is running good now that I put a stock ROM on it, so I'll be happy with it until the Nexus is here..

If you're fine with the iP4s, I'm surprised you don't already own one to be honest.

If I was okay with a 3.5" screen, losing Amazon App Store, losing SMS to Gmail backup (which doesn't require root), and having jailbroken only to realize that all those homebrew apps people rave about cost money to do very basic tasks, I would have one.

I won an iPod Touch 4G about a month after they came out, and it's really just sat there for the most part. iTunes no longer being required is a huge plus for me, but they need to be more open with tasks that I consider very basic.

The HTC Rezound mildly interests me. Removable battery and the SD card are both nice. What concerns me is the battery life and call quality, as I currently have a HTC device and am dissatisfied with both. The phone is also very thick. It's actually thicker than my current HTC Incredible, and it's almost as thick as a Droid.

For a quick comparison:
Rezound - 13.65mm
Inc1 - 11.9mm
Droid - 14mm
iP4s - 9.3mm
Droid RAZR - 7.1mm
Galaxy Nexus VZW - 9.47mm

Edit: LOL. http://androidcommunity.com/the-htc-rezounds-2750-mah-extended-battery-is-massive-20111115/

Adds 5-6mm. So, 18.65mm. You can fit two iP4s on top of each other.

lmao. on that note, i want to change my post to the iPhone 4s or the Droid Razr.
Also, i'm not sure what you meant by the first about, in regard to homebrew apps. I'm not very familiar with Apple products(i've only owned Droids).

Same here, but knowing that's exactly what Verizon's intent is in delaying the Nexus, I refuse to do it. Also, I've been holding out on my upgrade since June for this phone, so I'm not about to use it within a few days/weeks of the Nexus launch.

that's a good point dude. there's a few things that are making me second guess waiting for the GN though: the massive size, and the construction of it(every review has said it doesn't feel sturdy)

Same here, but knowing that's exactly what Verizon's intent is in delaying the Nexus, I refuse to do it. Also, I've been holding out on my upgrade since June for this phone, so I'm not about to use it within a few days/weeks of the Nexus launch. My Droid is running good now that I put a stock ROM on it, so I'll be happy with it until the Nexus is here..

thought i read on droid life that the nexus kept getting delayed b/c verizon wanted the kinks worked out before they would release it. whether that was implying ics needed work or the phone itself, i'm not sure.

wish motorola didn't lock their bootloaders... it's the only thing holding me back right now.

thought i read on droid life that the nexus kept getting delayed b/c verizon wanted the kinks worked out before they would release it. whether that was implying ics needed work or the phone itself, i'm not sure.

wish motorola didn't lock their bootloaders... it's the only thing holding me back right now.

Yeah, I read about them delaying it for bug fixes too, but who know if it's true or not. It may be an excuse to delay the phone to boost sales of the RAZR/Rezound. There's always going to be bugs on a smart phone, unless its one that interferes with the phones primary uses, then I don't see why they can't launch it now and patch it OTA ASAP. I'll take a somewhat buggy Nexus now and have XDA patch it rather than have Verizon deems it "bug free" :p.

iphone 4s or nexus prime? What should i get, and why?

Lol, we're not going to do a full-on comparison for you when you don't even list what you're looking for in a phone or what matters to you in the first place. I suggest you do some research yourself before asking us to do all the homework for you ;).

Don't give in! Stay strong brother!

I understand though. This is getting to be a joke, and a bad one at that. I'm tired of rumors and speculation. They need to just release the stupid thing already.

Don't give in! Stay strong brother!

I understand though. This is getting to be a joke, and a bad one at that. I'm tired of rumors and speculation. They need to just release the stupid thing already.

i hear ya. just pisses me off they can't at least give us a definite date to look forward to.

I had a Fascinate (galaxy S 1). It was thin, plastic and felt a little fragile but in reality the thing was a tank. Dropped it tons, no issues at all.

Basically it's the impression that something made of plastic must be fragile.

In reality, the iPhone 4, while feeling solid, is a more fragile device than any Galaxy S. You absolutely want a case for it.

Can anyone comment on the "fragile" feeling the Cnet review talks about? They state that all the Samsung devices suffer from this.....

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones...2961.html?autoplay=true&tag=TOCcarouselMain.0

Cnet editors are idiots. They think plastic is a weak material because they're uneducated, when in reality flexible plastic is the best thing you can have to protect your phone. It may not feel as solid as an iPhone 4, but an iPhone 4 has a chance of breaking from almost any height and a very high chance when dropped on its screen. The SG2 fairs much, much better than it in drop tests.

Cnet editors are idiots. They think plastic is a weak material because they're uneducated, when in reality flexible plastic is the best thing you can have to protect your phone. It may not feel as solid as an iPhone 4, but an iPhone 4 has a chance of breaking from almost any height and a very high chance when dropped on its screen. The SG2 fairs much, much better than it in drop tests.

couldn't agree more. "impressions" are not the same as actual testing... why they wouldn't actually put them through those paces is beyond me.

What drop tests are you referring to?

Back