Nvidia SUPER Refresh: Faster 2060, 2070, 2080, Faster GDDR6 and $100 Off

I belong to a few rather large gaming guilds and clans and these people are gamers more so than enthusiasts. Very few have moved or are planning to move to AMD for GPU's. For CPU's most ppl there seem to be indifferent.

Will be interesting to see if that changes anytime soon.
I can definitely see that, especially if gamers aren't into the latest and greatest, they will have less incentives to upgrade.

Reactions: Auer
like this
Yet it's not no matter how much you think it is. There is plenty of people that have noticed the difference,

Already explained earlier in the thread. It's people using HDMI who had the limited range set to 16-235 instead of 0-255. Fix that one setting and it's back to proper output.

I guess IPS and TN panels are all the same as well, OLED and LED as well. I guess all these graphic professionals got it all wrong cause Snowdog said so.

I guess you don't understand the difference between GPU output and display output.

He did exaggerate but, PCIe Gen 4 video cards will definitely make a difference. Greater throughput always is a good thing.

The thing is. I don't think they will. At least not with this generation. Maybe if you are holding on to your board in the next four or five years you would see a difference however slight.

This coming from somebody with a shiny new x570 board.

I guess you don't understand the difference between GPU output and display output.

No I do, I also know Nvidia does not send out the same signal as a AMD card and plenty have noticed. Fixing the HDMI output does not totally fix a Nvidia card no matter what you think you still have to adjust it.

No I do, I also know Nvidia does not send out the same signal as a AMD card and plenty have noticed. Fixing the HDMI output does not totally fix a Nvidia card no matter what you think you still have to adjust it.

If this was anything more than PEBKAC, it would be reported by the professional GPU reviewers that spend days on end comparing GPUs.

Yeah watch out for the stampede over to PCIe4. The best framerates. Framerates like you've never seen. Big, beautiful, PcI4 fRaMeRaTeS.

Bro #1: "Bro check out these sweet new PCI4 framerates"
Bro #2: "Bro what is that like 10,000 frames a second?"
Bro #1 "Bro yeah something like that, it's like 32 Gigaframes a second? According to the guy at Microcenter"

BRO, I don't know about you but I'm going to toss out my entire build and get an X570. That sweet sweet 1 FPS gain has me salivating:

battlefield-5-3840-2160.png

Oh wait its 1 fps slower!

I guess if I played F1 2018 all day long then I'd see a few fps gain which would TOTALLY be worth it though:
f1-2018-2560-1440.png

Last edited:
If this was anything more than PEBKAC, it would be reported by the professional GPU reviewers that spend days on end comparing GPUs.

Nope, not PEBKAC and you can continue to ignore things but, that does not change anything. *Shrug*

He did exaggerate but, PCIe Gen 4 video cards will definitely make a difference. Greater throughput always is a good thing.

No they won't, at least not for a little while. The 2080 ti doesn't even saturate PCIe Gen 3. Every single time a new connection standard comes out people go through this same song and dance. People yell about how much better the new standard is, how much difference it will make on the new GPUs that support it, and then we find out that it doesn't matter for a couple years. AGP to PCIe Gen 1, Gen 1 to Gen 2, Gen 2 to Gen 3, and now Gen 3 to Gen 4.

Embargo date for 2080 Super is July 23 but first benchmark leaked courtesy of the Official Final Fantasy XV benchmark site.

Obviously it's only one game but shows a nice 7-8% boost over regular 2080 at same MSRP.

View attachment 175471
Can someone explain with there is such a large gain for the RTX Titan over the 2080 ti? 15% makes no sense when it only has 7% more cuda cores and 8% more memory bandwidth. The 2080 ti has a massive cuda core count and memory bandwidth advantage over the 2080 Super yet it has only the same 15% gap in performance.

Can someone explain with there is such a large gain for the RTX Titan over the 2080 ti? 15% makes no sense when it only has 7% more cuda cores and 8% more memory bandwidth. The 2080 ti has a massive cuda core count and memory bandwidth advantage over the 2080 Super yet it has only the same 15% gap in performance.

Its very easy to explain: FFXV's benchmark is garbage. It has been garbage from day one and will be garbage until the day people stop paying any attention to it.

Back