nVidia realeasing the power of 3

sounds like 3 processors will work together

1 GPU
2 CPU (Dual Core)

a new driver that will use both cores in a game?

Render said:
sounds like 3 processors will work together

1 GPU
2 CPU (Dual Core)

a new driver that will use both cores in a game?
That makes sense.....

this would really make me mad though since i just now purchased a SD 3700+ over an 3800+ x2 cuz the x2 wouldnt ship till the 15th...o well

I think power of 3 means that they will release theyr low end cards and mid ends, and maybe a ultra version of nvidia 7 series

I think power of 3 means that they will release theyr low end cards and mid ends, and maybe a ultra version of nvidia 7 series

well that was the original prediction but brent said that so far none of the guesses were correct..so now we are guessin on other stuff

Brent and Kyle know. They just have to adhere to their NDA. So it's like watching us having this guessing game and laughing because you know and no one else does.

The Power of 3....

Well, sunuva.... what could it be?

SLI triplicate? No.
Triple GPU card? No.
Triple head output? No.
Some kinda new Ultra version? No.
Low-end and mid-range released? No.
PS3 graphics power revealed? No.

............ ????

OH BRENT.... NDA's are fake, tell us what it is! Hahaha

Nauseous said:
7800gt will debut at quakecon which is aug 11th... im pretty damn sure on that.

Brent already said no to that.

swatX said:
got new theory.

power of 3 = SM 3.0 / SLI / HDR

and you dont buy old stuff meaning the SM 3.0/SLI / HDR arent in the radeon x800series

I think this is right.

5150Joker said:
I think this is right.
Hmmm....

But SM3.0/HDR/SLI has been known since the inception of the 6000 series, since most of the last gen cards supported all of that, as well.

You don't buy vinyl records
You don't use a typewriter
So don't buy old graphics for your PC.

Sounds like a shot at ATI.

What could be so new? I will take a wild guess like the rest.

My guess is.... No idea.

Maybe it's the new C51(?) integrated graphics core.

Or maybe they are going to buy ATI :p

DejaWiz said:
Hmmm....

But SM3.0/HDR/SLI has been known since the inception of the 6000 series, since most of the last gen cards supported all of that, as well.

They're probably going to maybe announce another card and then rub those 3 features in ATi's face.

Brent_Justice said:
but people do still use dialup :p

i feel sorry for them

You can feel sorry for me. The only internet connection I have is my GPRS on my laptop. It's almost as slow as dial-up.

5150Joker said:
They're probably going to maybe announce another card and then rub those 3 features in ATi's face.

they are annoucing 7800GT during quakecon

i guess none of you have seen this then if u think this is big news

20050526-4gpu.jpg

somehow, they have purified and infused the power of the holy spirit into a graphics card. they are going to call it, the "trinity ultra gt."

it will be more powerful than any computer, not just graphics card, that has come before it and it will pwn ATI. amen.

Hmm, the power of 3 (maybe) :

7800 (vanilla/GT/X)
7600 (vanilla/GT/X)
7200 (vanilla/GT/X)

New mobile chip (PLEASE!!)
Soundstorm?
New nForce?

kcthebrewer said:
Hmm, the power of 3 (maybe) :

7800 (vanilla/GT/X)
7600 (vanilla/GT/X)
7200 (vanilla/GT/X)

New mobile chip (PLEASE!!)
Soundstorm?
New nForce?

NV is releasing 7800GT during quakecon while priding in their sm 3.0/sli/hdr feature set

Brent already kind of debunked the Quakecon/GT scenario.

Quakecon is the 12th, 13th, and 14th of this month.

phoderpants said:
somehow, they have purified and infused the power of the holy spirit into a graphics card. they are going to call it, the "trinity ultra gt."

it will be more powerful than any computer, not just graphics card, that has come before it and it will pwn ATI. amen.
They already own ATI :D

Im pretty sure someone has already guessed it and that person who did will win a prize when the NDA is up.

Too bad no one will tell us that we guessed it right now :rolleyes:

Its probably a set of new drivers... that will triple graphics performance on all Nvidia cards except the 6200

Zinn said:
Its probably a set of new drivers... that will triple graphics performance on all Nvidia cards except the 6200
hahaha. good one! i think the 6200 should be discontinued and the price of the 6600/6600GT should drop to it's level. Then it will triple the performance!

Brent_Justice said:
Somebody in this thread has now guessed correctly. :p

You just enjoy torturing us, don't you, Brent? Oh well, I'd enjoy it too if I weren't so low on the totem pole.

I think it will be their multithreaded drivers that they announced they were working on a while ago. So X2 + GPU.

Brent_Justice said:
I'm just in a really good mood tonight

Quakecon is next week!

I wish I could go. It's the first year Steve is going to be there.

Back