nVidia realeasing the power of 3

Maybe 3 GPUs on the same card? Gigabyte had a 6600GT with dual GPUs on it (the 3D1, I think?), so 3 smaller GPUs is probably feasible.

No way are they going to release a three GPU card.

Most likely Nvidia trying to make big show out of releasing the rest of the 7x00 line.

I am looking at the NVIDIA frontpage..but don't know what I should be looking for?

Terra - Perhaps a deeper link?

I imagine it is the rest of the G7x line NOT including the so called 'Ultra' version, which I doubt exists right now.

isnt the second card the Quadro they just release so the third will be the GT version

guessing here ;)

tornadotsunamilife said:
I imagine it is the rest of the G7x line NOT including the so called 'Ultra' version, which I doubt exists right now.

That seems right, 2 more on the 7xxx (Probbly Low and Higher end ones) or 3 all new 7xxx (Replacing the 7800GTX like everyone thinks will happen). And the day before my B-Day makes ether one better :D

I never understood the growing trend that is: Release flagship card, release lower and mid-range card, update the original flagship card by giving it a speed boost.
You're left with this: lower end card, mid-range card, higher mid-range card, flagship card

To me it doesn't seem good business for average consumers.

I highly doubt Nvidia would replace the 7800GTX before the R520 is out, that would put them in a pretty bad position, leaving no card to leap frog over the R520. Well they could possible, but that seems like a ton of fabrication money wasted.

Ety said:
That seems right, 2 more on the 7xxx (Probbly Low and Higher end ones) or 3 all new 7xxx (Replacing the 7800GTX like everyone thinks will happen). And the day before my B-Day makes ether one better :D
Why would they replace a card that only been out a couple of month's ? does'nt make sense :mad:

I have $500 stashed away. As soon as Nvidia releases the 7800GT I will be very interested in buying it. But I swear if they don't release the AGP versions along with the PCI-E, I won't be very happy. :mad:

Nightrain said:
I have $500 stashed away. As soon as Nvidia releases the 7800GT I will be very interested in buying it. But I swear if they don't release the AGP versions along with the PCI-E, I won't be very happy. :mad:
" Shit" $ 500 will get you a GTX
:D

Nightrain said:
Not in AGP. :(

But seriously though I hope the GT launches at a $399.99 price but I'm not too sure.
Yea, your right. I think it is $399

hrm aug 11th same day qcon begins :p what better way to release a card than at a big ass lan party?

Just in my wild wet dreams but multi monitor support for SLI would be kickass. 3 monitors playing games oh feel the power. Since the 7800 is so CPU limited right now I bet it could cut up 3 monitors and spit them out.

God after seeing that flash I want to konw so bad! What makes it worse is that Brent knows. There may be a slight paypal transfer for someone if he care's to PM me with info :cool:

tornadotsunamilife said:
RSX chip is going desktop?
RSX is nothing much more than a OC'd 7800GTX with some features that are console only possible basically.

You dont buy vinyl records, you dont use a typewriter, you dont use dial-up; So dont buy old graphics for your PC. On August 11th nVidia delivers the Power of 3.

Thats the add, hopefully some of your guesses will make more sense now that you know what the add says, not a graphics card though :).

Sounds like a Gillette comercial.

Im going to guess its some buy back program for all old graphics cards for credit toward new ones, or an SLI deal, as in board + 2 cards = savings. Not a new product though, thats my guess.

tornadotsunamilife said:

So? I mean, if it was just a core increase to 550Mhz it'd be unimpressive unless they really bumped up the memory.

It's not exactly impossible is it? Fact is this announcement could be anything. Could be for chipset market, gpu market, mobile market etc.

maybe

power of 3 = SM 3.0 / SLI / HDR

and you dont buy old stuff meaning the SM 3.0/SLI / HDR arent in the radeon x800series

Back