cageymaru

Fully [H]
Nvidia moderator ericnvidia80 has informed the community at the GeForce forums of an update to the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti product availability.

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to give you an update on the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti availability. GeForce RTX 2080 Ti general availability has shifted to September 27th, a one week delay. We expect pre-orders to arrive between September 20th and September 27th.There is no change to GeForce RTX 2080 general availability, which is September 20th. We're eager for you to enjoy the new GeForce RTX family!

Thanks for your patience.

Of course they did. They are not having any yield issues nor supply. These assholes are for the hype.

LOOK at Todays pricing for the 1070's at New Egg.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...2070+graphics+card&ignorear=0&N=-1&isNodeId=1

That is the reason for the delays. That is the reason for all of the spin doctoring. That is the reason for the slotted prices that you see. NONE of the new cards I predict will go for MSRP that has been quoted for weeks during launch. This will insure 10 series of video card with 2 year old technology to be SOLD at MSRP if not higher in some cases. This is Bullshit. This is why I bought my 1070 video card for the price I did.

And the whole irony is that dumb assed people are going to buy into Nvidia's Hype.

I'll upgrade later when this nonsense abides. I'll be looking at Cyber week in November. but right now with my savings, up close to $200 from New Egg video cards, I am going to buy a New G sync Monitor.

This is all about spending your money wisely because once it is gone that is it... it is gone on whatever you spent it on.

They've charged my card for the NVLink, guess it's on the way. Hopefully the two 2080 Tis are here weekend after next? Maybe?

So, as long as the old cards are going for a premium (WTF ARE THEY GOING FOR A PREMIUM!?!) of course they aren't going to cannibalize with a new launch. It's impossible to believe they aren't ready for the 2080 Ti launch. It's starting to look like they'd be super happy if some people cancelled their orders and got 1080 Ti cards instead. If you think about it, of course they would.

Next will be a 2-3 day delay of the 2080 non-Ti, just to drive people insane and get even more to go with the 10-series.

They want those inventories cleared at top dollar. Doesn't matter what it takes. Because rationally, without AMD pushing them why does NVIDIA actually have to meet any particular date? They don't.

And full disclosure: I'm WAITING to decide on one of these 2000 series cards. My 1080 is gone. History. Sold it. I'm running on a half-dead 9800gt I found under my work bench and it's powering my 8700k (no lie) until I order a new card.

So you know, these silly games do get a bit old after a while.

The 27th is the date Microcenter gave me from the very start.

I'm still going to take my happy ass up there to walk in at opening on the 27th unless I hear to come before.

Year of the flop

actually, year of da broke ass bro-gamers. So much salty tears all over these forums. I will take all these virtual sour salty tears and use them to infuse and empower myself and through these broke ass bro-gamer tears I will enjoy my 2080 ti on behalf of all the have-nots as I bask in the glory of ray-tracing and 4K@60FPS Ultra / HDR. /hugs

actually, year of da broke ass bro-gamers. So much salty tears all over these forums. I will take all these virtual sour salty tears and use them to infuse and empower myself and through these broke ass bro-gamer tears I will enjoy my 2080 ti on behalf of all the have-nots as I bask in the glory of ray-tracing and 4K@60FPS Ultra / HDR. /hugs

Generally I would agree - what I've seen here/reddit/everywhere - is that when you boil it down if you have the means to buy the card, everything looks good. Those that can't afford it instantly take a hateful "Fuck nvidia" stance. Most people can't wrap their head around the economics of the situation, you want the absolutely latest best technology, expect to pay through the nose for it. That concept isn't something nvidia came up with. Look at high end cars, the latest medical advances, or a popular/hot real estate market. Fact of the matter is nvidia is a for profit company, and they have people lined up to throw money at them. Anyone with a basic understanding of business would be doing the same thing to maximize their profits. Your alternative is to buy an AMD card, wait for real competition to show up, or start your own GPU company.

I'll be siting just fine with my two 1080Ti's for the next few months to see where it goes, I don't have a problem paying for the latest and greatest I'll just wait till stock situation normalizes.

The funny thing I've seen is despite the mining boom passing, and next gen hardware coming out. There are *still* people complaining about GPU prices. I see 1080Ti's going instantly for $530 on reddit hardware swap, yet there's always that group who's still bitching about GPU prices. There's always that subset of people who (no matter how cheap it might get) will always complain and want it even cheaper.

It's only worth what people are willing to pay, and right now there are lines willing to pay $1k+ Accept it and hatch a plan to save for one because crying online accomplishes nothing. At the end of the day it's a pure luxury good you don't absolutely need.

I personally have my eye on an EVGA 2080Ti iCX model by Xmas :)

I can afford one, but I still have a "fuck Nvidia" stance on the pricing of this release. Just because someone is pissed about the "Ti" cards going from $699 to $1199 doesn't mean they're poor. Expecting to "pay through the nose" used to only mean $699, now its $1199. I understand the economics of the situation, but the only way you turn it around is to not buy the overpriced cards.

Some people like SixFootDuo above can't wait to overpay and rub it in everyone's face how he overpayed.

I don’t understand who is buying the 10x0 series for MSRP? That, and the fact that mining has all but collapsed, makes me wonder WTF is going on.

I sense nVidias cold, dank, greedy little hand in this.

actually, year of da broke ass bro-gamers.

I think it's more the generation than year. NVidia should throw down launch participation awards for those who follow it so they can FEEL better about it.

FFS think.... It's bleeding edge tech. That comes at a premium. Envy is a bitch man....

Nvidia moderator ericnvidia80 has informed the community at the GeForce forums of an update to the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti product availability.

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to give you an update on the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti availability. GeForce RTX 2080 Ti general availability has shifted to September 27th, a one week delay. We expect pre-orders to arrive between September 20th and September 27th.There is no change to GeForce RTX 2080 general availability, which is September 20th. We're eager for you to enjoy the new GeForce RTX family!

Thanks for your patience.
LoL

You should try working for Creo enterprise. I picked up a 2080 but have no idea when its going to ship. I hope the drivers don't make my eyes bleed at launch.

Last edited:
Figured something was up. Day 1 when things went up for ordering I noticed the 2080TI's were sold out/unavailable from most sites outside of NewEgg's mobo/cpu combos. A week or so later and they too were sold out. On Amazon there's numerous pre-built rigs with the TI's and two weeks ago some had already listed 20-27th release dates. Meanwhile in many places you could still preorder a 2080.

I own a Vega 56 Reference flashed with a Vega 64 bios and in my other computer, an XFX RX 570 8GB Black Edition Card. The release of new cards is always fun and interesting but, not quite like it was 10 or even 15 years ago. Hey, buy our lower end card, only $599! :D

I think it's more the generation than year. NVidia should throw down launch participation awards for those who follow it so they can FEEL better about it.

FFS think.... It's bleeding edge tech. That comes at a premium. Envy is a bitch man....

You do not need to envy to know when something is not worth the money, no matter what others are willing to spend on it. Also, bleeding edge tech coming at a premium is common but, this is not a premium, the prices are just stupid.

Whenever AMD is capable of pulling a 4870 and offers at least 2070-level performance for half the price.

Not going to happen, AMD is not a charity either. Yes, they would sell them for less but, they are not going to sell them at a loss.

Milking the artificially inflated pre-orderable launch prices as long as they can while silently laughing at all the early adopters willing to pony up.

I'm not going to be surprised if they also hold back stock to keep demand (and these absurd prices) higher for longer.

And they have nothing standing in their way: AMD Navi in 2019 and Intel (?Arctic Sound?) in 2020.

Last edited:
Well you still got some time according to pc world, ray tracing is not in win10 yet, supposedly comes with the big October update, I wonder if that is true, reviews will shed light on that soon enough I suppose.

Good luck with 4k 60fps and RTX enabled.

This consumer will stay a smart consumer and wait for reviews, nothing worse than preordering the latest and greatest only to get a polished turd.

What's the deal with this group of guys around here who desperately tell themselves over and over in all kinds of threads that other people envy them? Or that come into threads to drop insults at everyone and destroy the threads in the process?

Anyway I'm sitting on $7k in my for fun fund right now. I'm also still sitting on a 480 and it's showing it's age with my new ultra wide monitor. I'm just still pissed off about mining ruining the video card market and now nvidia trying to take advantage of everyone.

If the 2080 outperformes the 1080ti by 20% I'll buy one though. But not until the [H] review comes out. Heck I'll probably end up buying one let's be honest but I'm still pissed off at nvidia for being such a scumbag company.

Oh and for all those guys who really need to feel better than everyone else don't worry we so so so envy you you are just better than everyone else now please go away

So ti for all intents is a paper launch for the time being.

What's the deal with this group of guys around here who desperately tell themselves over and over in all kinds of threads that other people envy them? Or that come into threads to drop insults at everyone and destroy the threads in the process?

Anyway I'm sitting on $7k in my for fun fund right now. I'm also still sitting on a 480 and it's showing it's age with my new ultra wide monitor. I'm just still pissed off about mining ruining the video card market and now nvidia trying to take advantage of everyone.

If the 2080 outperformes the 1080ti by 20% I'll buy one though. But not until the [H] review comes out. Heck I'll probably end up buying one let's be honest but I'm still pissed off at nvidia for being such a scumbag company.

Oh and for all those guys who really need to feel better than everyone else don't worry we so so so envy you you are just better than everyone else now please go away

It's actually more likely that they have a degree of buyers remorse and need others to reaffirm their choice. If they are self aware enough to realize that is another matter entirely.

wait a year and you can get two thirds to three quarter performance for half the price.... Personally I don't see the need at all

It's actually more likely that they have a degree of buyers remorse and need others to reaffirm their choice. If they are self aware enough to realize that is another matter entirely.

It's more likely that you have no idea. Even at US$1200 for a new GPU, gaming is a relatively inexpensive hobby. That's a cheap lens for me. Honestly your butthurt over other peoples' hobby purchases is quite stilly.

wait a year and you can get two thirds to three quarter performance for half the price.... Personally I don't see the need at all

You don't need a video card period. You don't need to play games on a computer. You don't need to play games at all.

It's more likely that you have no idea. Even at US$1200 for a new GPU, gaming is a relatively inexpensive hobby. That's a cheap lens for me. Honestly your butthurt over other peoples' hobby purchases is quite stilly.

You don't need a video card period. You don't need to play games on a computer. You don't need to play games at all.

So, how is that buyers remorse working out for you? Also, the video card is cheaper than my 2018 Civic Si but that does not make the video card a better deal. :D LOL!

Its cool that people will buy the rtx hype.

Dont Get me wrong, someone will see that demo and buy it, maybe they have been waiting a while, or they have money burning a hole in their pocket.

Regardless they will pay for the RnD on the next gen that will be a huge performance boost for the rest of us.

True, so far as the benchmarks show its a minor speed bump with a foot print increase, but they needed room for those tensor and rtx cores.

I never turn reflections on anyway, I just listen for foot steps :)

I'm one of those 144fps guys so 60 with effects doesn't intrest me.

Maybe AMD will release their 7nm card and have hardware dedicated to the same stuff and pull more fps....

We'll see.

Till then we need people with a lot of disposable income to throw down, I just wish they didn't have to pay crazy high prices.

1200 for a "gaming only" card... Damn

Good luck with 4k 60fps and RTX enabled.

This consumer will stay a smart consumer and wait for reviews, nothing worse than preordering the latest and greatest only to get a polished turd.

I'm looking forward to reviews from people I'm familiar with, absolutely. But I don't think for one minute that we've been lied to on the performance side. Are the "official" results that were released skewed in some manner? We're we giving best cast scenario's? Of course we were but I don't think any of it was an out-right lie. There is a lot of truth in the numbers that are coming out. The key here is optimism.

Man, I don't move through life encumbered with tons of rules, worries and doubts. It wears your soul down to nothing bro. Stay optimistic. My BS filter is always on high-alert that is approaching super human levels. I feel good about everything I've seen. If I didn't I would have canceled my pre-orders.

Besides, all of us "early adapters" have a fail safe in place ... it's called a 30-day return period. People act as if we are fucked and stuck with a $1,300 purchase ... or "polished turd" ..... we aren't. If this card doesn't perform then I'll simply return it and so will many others. I purposely bought from Microcenter because I spend a shit ton of money down there and they treat me very good. The high price for the 2080 ti is very telling in of itself. What a lot of you are not picking up on, maybe because the salty tears are burning your eyes but, nVidia is very confident in their product and it's performance. They know there will not be any public back-lash over it's price. Confidence is high my friend.

I'm also humble enough to admit I'm wrong ... I do this daily in my personal life. If I'm wrong, I'll be more than happy to admit it.

In the meanwhile, many of you are sitting on shit you no longer want, use or need. Sell off all that crap laying around and get your money in-line. Not too late to buy one of these things. A lot of you can raise $1,000 in a week easy by selling off your already beat console games, un-used headphones, decaying pc parts, cutting back on the cool ranch doritos, starbucks, weed and anime. FFS ... act like you're [HARD] already!

Back