NVIDIA GeForce GTX780M On eBay For $1,300

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm sure the folks at NVIDIA aren't too thrilled about this ending up on eBay. The "Buy It Now" price is $1,299 but something tells me this auction will be yanked pretty damn quick. Thanks to everyone that sent this one in.

Meh, it is a mobile card so I am not interested.

And if it were a desktop card, I would still not pay more than about ~$200 even if I needed an upgrade right now.

What's so special about a rebadged GTX680M card? (I keed, I keed) :D

I'll keep my GMA 950 thanks. You have to turn the GPU off and depend on Intel's graphics in order to maintain reasonable battery life so why even bother to begin with?

If it's on Ebay couldn't Nvidia just buy it off them, then claim they never received it and file a PayPal claim to get the money back? :p

I have a Clevo D900F lappy with an MXM 3.0 slot.
These cards are stupid expensive to purchase.
Much alone buy outright for the e-peen swing of things.

Worth it to have a ONE OF A KIND engineering sample and pay a premium for it???
Meh. There's no heat spreader or anything to get the card installed.
Sure you can buy it, but good luck trying to cool it.
And trying to volt-mod and power the unit is a whole other can of beans.

I say THUMBS DOWN.... for now :D

Yeah without the heatsink I don't know what anyone thinks they are going to do with this thing. Not like there are aftermarket laptop video card heatsinks.

I'll keep my GMA 950 thanks. You have to turn the GPU off and depend on Intel's graphics in order to maintain reasonable battery life so why even bother to begin with?
Nikola Tesla invented this thing called AC power, yo.

Best of both worlds, use the intel chip for mobile use for max battery, and still have muchisimo power for when you're plugged in.

Yeah without the heatsink I don't know what anyone thinks they are going to do with this thing. Not like there are aftermarket laptop video card heatsinks.
Sell it to the Chinese to reverse engineer or just have a hands-on review online before anyone else does and get millions of views with shittons of ad revenue.

At first, I read "7800M" and though...."I had one of those in 2006. What's the big deal?"

Oh...780M

One day, we might get beyond numbers for video card naming. Maybe.

At first, I read "7800M" and though...."I had one of those in 2006. What's the big deal?"

Oh...780M

One day, we might get beyond numbers for video card naming. Maybe.
Very well. Let the 7800M be known as "Walrus". Let the 780M be known as "Wallace".

Hope that helps.

Back