NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Launch Rumor

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
The folks over at Nordic Hardware seem to have it on good authority that the next GPU released from NVIDIA will be the GTX 1080 Ti and will be launched in "late March." At least that is what Google Translate garnered from this Swedish language page.

From these rumored specs we can see that these guys are suggesting a scaled down Titanium X.

I think it is likely, but I don't think there is any way they will call it a 1080 Ti. It is going to get next gen branding just like the jump from 680 to 780.

I was quite confused about the "Titanium" naming until i realized it's because of the translation.

I was quite confused about the "Titanium" naming until i realized it's because of the translation.
Uh....

http://www.chemicalelements.com/elements/ti.html

b0022.gif

There is also the pic of the european retail version for Halo wars 2 that states a 1080 ti for ultra settings

Also remember that the "Ti" in the branding is short for "Titanium," which is why it always bugs me when I hear people say "T-I."

Would you like to explain why it's a fail?
Because it's nvidia and they also have drivers that make you log in for some bullshit and shitty cards e.g. the 8800gt BGA failure incidents, 690 VRMs, misleading marketing (970) etc.

well I'm currently running a 1070 -- so going by the Tflop figures alone 6.46->11 , it would be semi-worth it if I ever wanted to really get into VR as a hobby

*shrugs* I'm currently re-doing the flooring little by little in my house so it's not like I have an extra $1k sitting around doing nothing, I want one but don't really need one.

Lets just make this official already, heh. It was obvious a 1080ti would come eventually, history repeats

Because it's nvidia and they also have drivers that make you log in for some bullshit and shitty cards e.g. the 8800gt BGA failure incidents, 690 VRMs, misleading marketing (970) etc.

Nvidia is going to fail so hard, GP102 based GTX 1080 TI with nearly 15% of it's cores fused off is going to fail it's way to being only a failing 10% faster than AMD's best Vega. Talk about a fail. Too bad it won't be an overclocker's dream like Fury X was, nor will it have a turbo switch that will void the warranty. Perhaps they can include water cooled solutions that has faulty pumps. That would be winning.

Nvidia is going to fail so hard, GP102 based GTX 1080 TI with nearly 15% of it's cores fused off is going to fail it's way to being only a failing 10% faster than AMD's best Vega. Talk about a fail. Too bad it won't be an overclocker's dream like Fury X was, nor will it have a turbo switch that will void the warranty. Perhaps they can include water cooled solutions that has faulty pumps. That would be winning.
Poe's Law?

At first I was like "...wat", then I realized you were being sarcastic. :p

well I'm currently running a 1070 -- so going by the Tflop figures alone 6.46->11 , it would be semi-worth it if I ever wanted to really get into VR as a hobby

*shrugs* I'm currently re-doing the flooring little by little in my house so it's not like I have an extra $1k sitting around doing nothing, I want one but don't really need one.

I feel the same way. I'm itching to upgrade from my 980Ti but I want it to be worthwhile. A 1080Ti would only be ~35% faster, and likely cost $900.00.

Lets just make this official already, heh. It was obvious a 1080ti would come eventually, history repeats

Jen-Hsun will make it official the day before Vega is paper-announced.

Not before.

Last edited:
It would be virtually impossible to fake this spreadsheet... it must be true!

There is also the pic of the european retail version for Halo wars 2 that states a 1080 ti for ultra settings

It also states a Fury X for ultra settings... last time i looked they werent event remotely comparable...

It will also not have a "Premium VR" capability, or drivers that are compared to snooty beverages. :p

oh boy another reason to gouge for reference designs while promising that aftermarket cards are going to be cheaper.

At this point I have held out this long for a 1080ti I might as well just wait to see how Vega compares. Too bad nvidia, if you had released this card in January I might have pulled the trigger then.

At this point I have held out this long for a 1080ti I might as well just wait to see how Vega compares. Too bad nvidia, if you had released this card in January I might have pulled the trigger then.
Especially if the 1080ti is priced on the high side.

Gee I am sure they are really sorry for holding out now you have said that... hope they don't go under.

ughhh no HMB2 Memory? :( Sad Panda

But why? The GDDR5x in the Pascal Titan isn't holding it back.

Who would you expect a lower spec variant to be held back by it?

I think HBM is the future, but I don't think it would make much of a difference with current GPU's. GDDR5X is still plenty fast enough to sustain this and probably next generations top end GPU's.

I think HBM is the future, but I don't think it would make much of a difference with current GPU's. GDDR5X is still plenty fast enough to sustain this and probably next generations top end GPU's.

I don't understand the need for it either, ATI did it and look where that got them...

Memory overclocking even on the Titan XP has proven to provide next to no gains at all so it is not limited by bandwidth at all.

Plus we have GDDR6 on the horizon. It's going to be a long time before HBM supersedes GDDR in consumer video cards.

Back