NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Launch Rumor

Nvidia is going to fail so hard, GP102 based GTX 1080 TI with nearly 15% of it's cores fused off is going to fail it's way to being only a failing 10% faster than AMD's best Vega. Talk about a fail. Too bad it won't be an overclocker's dream like Fury X was, nor will it have a turbo switch that will void the warranty. Perhaps they can include water cooled solutions that has faulty pumps. That would be winning.

Wow, AMD fanboys are coming out of the woodwork. Holy... with Vega and Ryzen coming out.

You do know that's physically not possible... right?

384-bit bus is 3GB, 6GB, 9GB, or 12GB
256 or 512-bit bus 4GB, 8GB, 12GB,

You're not entirely correct. GDDR5X can come in mix-matched sizes without the deficiencies of mix-matching GDDR5.

From anandtech" On a final specification note, GDDR5X also introduces non-power-of-two memory chip capacities such as 12Gb. These aren’t being used for GTX 1080 – which uses 8Gb chips – but I wouldn’t be surprised if we see these used down the line. The atypical sizing would allow NVIDIA to offer additional memory capacities without resorting to asymmetrical memory configurations as is currently the case, all the while avoiding the bandwidth limitations that can result from that."

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10325/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-and-1070-founders-edition-review/7

Except the Titan XP lol, dont know why people sit on the fence waiting. Had my Titan XP 6 months already and enjoyed every day of it...

This exactly.

People were telling me how stupid I was for spending $1,200 on the Pascal Titan at launch, because the 1080ti would soon be out with 95% of the performance at 50% of the price.

Meanwhile I ahve been enjoying playable 4K framerates from a single GPU and loving it for over 6 months, and even once the 1080ti (if that's what it is, and not a 1180 or something like that) I'll still probably have the fastest single GPU on the market, and be able to enjoy it for some more time.

You can't play games today with a GPU you buy in 6 months.

Well worth the money in my book.

This exactly.

People were telling me how stupid I was for spending $1,200 on the Pascal Titan at launch, because the 1080ti would soon be out with 95% of the performance at 50% of the price.

Meanwhile I ahve been enjoying playable 4K framerates from a single GPU and loving it for over 6 months, and even once the 1080ti (if that's what it is, and not a 1180 or something like that) I'll still probably have the fastest single GPU on the market, and be able to enjoy it for some more time.

You can't play games today with a GPU you buy in 6 months.

Well worth the money in my book.

Yup not to mention they have good decent resale value anyway, my last Titan X I sold for about 60% residual and just topped it up to get the new model so I still ended up spending less than a 1080. Once you are in the high end its not as bad staying at that level.

Except the Titan XP lol, dont know why people sit on the fence waiting. Had my Titan XP 6 months already and enjoyed every day of it...

Well, obviously :) But then Titan buyers are in another class from the delusional "wait for Vega" unicorns and rainbows crowd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parja
like this
Well, obviously :) But then Titan buyers are in another class from the delusional "wait for Vega" unicorns and rainbows crowd.

Yeah... You aren't going to ever win a value proposition argument with me on a Titan video card. I don't consider myself frugal when it comes to video cards(I own a 980ti) but Fuck that noise. I'm perfectly happy to wait that 6 months and get 95% for half the price.

Back