NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang hints at ‘exciting’ next-generation GPU update on September 20th Tuesday

It's more than just that. I'm curious how this software works. If it can take a game, convert it to USD, and allow it to uprez as they say, that's super impressive.

said portal rtx comes in november, then said available shortly after ada launches. so launch is octoberish?

4090.png

Huh. That's less expensive than I thought it would be.

Edit: Holy shit, though, $1200 for the 4080... Given the rest of the market, I guess it's not unreasonable, but that's pretty steep for being that far down the product stack.

Agreed, under 1k would be about right.
I wouldn't be salty if they did $699 for the 12gb 4080, $999 for the 16gb 4080, and $1499 for the 4090. I would still prefer it cheaper though, 899 for the 12gb, and 1299 for the 4090 is acceptable pricing imo. Especially considering the rumors on a 48gb 4090ti.

yep, and still not seen power requirements.
Doubt will get these numbers till later on. They don't want to air those dumpster fire numbers just yet.

Still too much considering the current landscape imo.
Assuming it represents a significant improvement over the 3090, that price tag seems in line with current pricing.

I don't love that that's what a top end card costs, but that's actually less than I thought it would be. I figured they'd go for at least $2K.

Assuming it represents a significant improvement over the 3090, that price tag seems in line with current pricing.

I don't love that that's what a top end card costs, but that's actually less than I thought it would be. I figured they'd go for at least $2K.
the 48gb 4090TI definitely will. So will definitely be realized.

Salty though that they increased prices considering the landscape. Oversupply of 3000 series, Ethereum now PoS, an already flooded second hand gpu market is going to get even worse now....Yet Nvidia has the audacity to increase prices on their upcoming gen...Honestly, pretty insulting if you ask me. We be their lemmings...

Worst part, Is I'd be in the market for a 4090ti with 48gb for AI workloads and 3D simulations in houdini, *sigh*.

Here's hoping AMD slaps the shit out of them and surprises with RDNA 3. Won't change much though for those who need the Cuda infrastructure....But would put a smile on my face if RDNA 3 performs similarly or better, at less power.

Cat's out of the bag. Nvidia has witnessed just how much people will pay for "the best".

Vote with your wallet.

I wouldn't be salty if they did $699 for the 12gb 4080, $999 for the 16gb 4080, and $1499 for the 4090. I would still prefer it cheaper though, 899 for the 12gb, and 1299 for the 4090 is acceptable pricing imo. Especially considering the rumors on a 48gb 4090ti.

Doubt will get these numbers till later on. They don't want to air those dumpster fire numbers just yet.
Yeah, I'll be holding onto my 3090 for awhile. Not paying $1,500 or more for a video card again. If it drops to $1,000 or less at the end of the generation like the 3090 did I'll probably pick one up then.

They say the 4090 is 2x faster in rasterization compared to the 3090 Ti, 4x faster at ray tracing. That is pretty significant. Plus, DLSS 3 support.

Well, if crypto doesn't explode again hopefully enough people will hold their wad for NVIDIA to see that their "normal" gaming customers won't stand for it.
The chance of crypto exploding again is definitely lower with Proof of Stake on ethereum. Hate to say it, but I mined on my 3080 and 3090 when not running a AI workload. Went from 3 dollars a day on my 3090 to 30 cent atm. Unless something props up to absorb the miner base with gpu mining and be profitable, doubt it will happen this time around. Time will tell though...

So much marketing talk... No full specs yet.

Well after 30 mins of blah blah blah.

Keep the best for last , I guess.

This presentation doesn't seem like it's trying to sell video cards to gamers. It's a definite focus shift vs. the 30-series presentation.

Agreed. We can also wait and see what AMD has to offer and perhaps impact the pricing too.
Definitely my hope. New rumor popping up that RDNA 3 is on the verge of 4ghz clocks. Time will tell if it's true or not. But hoping AMD can surprise big time, even if it's just rasterized performance, if they do it at less power, and less cost, I would call that a victory to dent the behemoth that is nvidia...

Man, hope Intel doesn't drop Arc, we need a 3rd competitor.

Definitely my hope. New rumor popping up that RDNA 3 is on the verge of 4ghz clocks. Time will tell if it's true or not. But hoping AMD can surprise big time, even if it's just rasterized performance, if they do it at less power, and less cost, I would call that a victory to dent the behemoth that is nvidia...

Man, hope Intel doesn't drop Arc, we need a 3rd competitor.
I hope so too. Too bad Intel's management has been pretty sad for the past several years, really makes me doubt they will stick with it.

Guru3D has some additional info. Not sure where they're getting all of it: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-series-4000-announcements-(preview),1.html
"The CUDA Core count is going to rise on all Nvidia hardware, the RTX 4090 graphics card will contain 16,384 Shading Cores. Below is an overview of what we think are the specs; these will be updated once more and official information arrives. "

Looks like they are just mixing the rumored preliminary specs. Nothing official just yet.

Back