Nvidia announcement livestream 5/6/2016 @6PM PST

The rendering resolution is still the same, though. Still triple monitor res. Just now you can render 3 different viewports.

Yeah, but you can't tell me that rendering a more complex scene (more polys, more shaders, etc.) doesn't have a performance impact. The more stuff you are rendering, the more demanding it is. Even at the same resolution.

I mean, the correction is awesome, but I highly doubt it will be "free".

Thinking I had malware, as I heard some twat talking while I was checking out HardOCP. Exited the browser, came back, and it happened again. Just what I always asked for as an improvement to the site, auto-playing videos from people too sorry to make a press release. Oh, why can people be so clever with technology but still look like the slap-chop infomercial douch with a microphone that looks like it was surgically removed from Lance Armstrong hanging off their chin? Don't they make less obvious mics now?

I wonder if the multiprojection stuff is pascal-specific or a driver enhancement? I guess the former.

Yeah, but you can't tell me that rendering a more complex scene (more polys, more shaders, etc.) doesn't have a performance impact. The more stuff you are rendering, the more demanding it is. Even at the same resolution.

I mean, the correction is awesome, but I highly doubt it will be "free".

I mean the amount of stuff being rendered is the same, but now you render independent viewports. I think there'll be a performance penalty, but probably minimal since it sounds like a hardware thing.

VR latency is about to be dropped again.

I wonder if they'll do a bundle with a VR headset. Would be a cool and easier way to jumpstart VR for mainstream.

Man, why won't JHH make a dig about overclocker's dream. Would've been funny as hell.

so it only has one 8 pin power connector. and clocks are ~1650 / 1780 boosted. how did he get to 2100? (info from nvidia website on 1080)

2x performance of titan x? thats just wrong.

He keeps saying "twice the performance of titan X", but that's only in VR scenarios, right?

Back