NVIDIA 8400gs 128mb Pci-E 16x VGA/DVI $14 shipped

lifanus

Gawd
seller got a bunch for sale on eBay, I brought one for my parents computer, it is definitely better than on-board video card is all I have to say, too bad I need to buy them a better power supply as the cheap PS can't run it, so make sure you have a powersupply with enough juice. :D

got both VGA and DVI port, DX10 compatible, sweet

nvidia_video_card_1_3.jpg

GeForce 8400 GS
Core Clock (MHz) 450
Shader Clock (MHz) 900
Memory Clock (MHz) 400
Memory Amount 128MB
Memory Interface 64-bit
Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 6.4
Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 3.6

Updated link, click on see more items from seller he have plenty more

make a offer of $14.01 seller will automatically accept it. (ppl below said $13.50 was lowest, so try it first :)

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The card is G98 based, so there is support for PureVideo 3, versus PureVideo 2 for the older G86 based 8400gs cards.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I can't even imagine what kind of a power supply won't handle a sub-15W card. You may want to look for problems elsewhere.

The card is G98 based, so there is support for PureVideo 3, versus PureVideo 2 for the older G86 based 8400gs cards.

The only negative is that it is a slow clocked G98 if it really is a G98 at all, most of the 8400GS cards clocked this slow are the older G86 core.

The rule of thumb with the 8400GS is usually:

- G98: 567MHz
- G86: 450 or 460MHz

sub 15W!?

card didn't post on their "500w" PSU that came with the case, the system keeps going into a reset loop and nothing shows up on screen... but it did post on my machine

Parent's machine is kinda loaded too, with 8 usb port occupied, 2 sata hard drive, 1 pci modem, 1 ide cd-rom, its a micro ATX AM2 build. PSU says 135w on 3.3v

Last edited:
Its either one really shitty PSU or some other issue.

The 8400GS cards absolute max is only 71w of draw, which is much much lower when not being pushed.

Its either one really shitty PSU or some other issue.

The 8400GS cards absolute max is only 71w of draw, which is much much lower when not being pushed.

40W for the G86 based 80nm cards. (nVidia website EDIT: I'm wrong)
25W (iirc) for the G98 65nm based card.

Last edited:
Looking at that heatsink+fan combo, I'm standing behind my 15 watt estimate. :p

I bit on one also. It'll be a good replacement for my x1300 that has a loud fan.

Same. Good for when waiting for a RMA return.

FYI: $13.55 offer was accepted automatically. Not sure how low the seller accepts.

To confirm the $13.55 --> " Congratulations, your Best Offer price of US $13.55 (1 x US $13.55) was accepted! "

I didn't try lower as it said there was only two left.( And now I see I am easily fooled as there are multiple listings...lol )

Thanks!

I made an offer and it got accepted. I also received an email that I have won the bid but I haven't paid yet. Am I obligated to pay for this item? :s

Is that a GT310?

No this has g98 version of the 8400 gs has 8 stream processors, while the 210 and the 310 have 24 stream processors. The 8400 gs g98 version has a die size of 86mm^2 and is made on the 65 nm process. While the 210 and 310 are 45 nm and have a die size of 57mm^2. Thus even though the 210 is about 3 times faster (but the 210 is still dirt slow) it still has a smaller die size compared to the older 8400 gs.

I made an offer and it got accepted. I also received an email that I have won the bid but I haven't paid yet. Am I obligated to pay for this item? :s

That even a question?? :p

An accepted best offer is just like placing a bid and winning. So yes, you have to pay for the item.

That even a question?? :p

An accepted best offer is just like placing a bid and winning. So yes, you have to pay for the item.

aww darn, I got no funds in my paypal and they only take payment for visa, mastercard by phone only M-F! I am screwed!

To confirm the $13.55 --> " Congratulations, your Best Offer price of US $13.55 (1 x US $13.55) was accepted! "

I didn't try lower as it said there was only two left.( And now I see I am easily fooled as there are multiple listings...lol )

Thanks!

I think $13.50 is the lowest, going by the prices from feedback.

I have got to stop looking at the [H]ot|DEALS! I have no use for this card, yet I bought it anyways. :(

Damn I really dont need this but 13.50 shipped for a spare without the hassle of rebates is to good to pass up.

I can also say 13.50 is the lowest, anything less and it's an instant decline, even when buying more than one card. But 13.50 shipped even for a low end card is not bad, should be right at home in a low power HTPC I have (which only has onboard right now). So thanks OP.

This doesn't include a low profile bracket does it? I could use one of these in a Dell 530s in my 2 year old's room to play ripped DVDs. His cpu usage playing DVDs with the onboard Intel G31/G33 is almost 80%!

No this has g98 version of the 8400 gs has 8 stream processors, while the 210 and the 310 have 24 stream processors. The 8400 gs g98 version has a die size of 86mm^2 and is made on the 65 nm process. While the 210 and 310 are 45 nm and have a die size of 57mm^2. Thus even though the 210 is about 3 times faster (but the 210 is still dirt slow) it still has a smaller die size compared to the older 8400 gs.

Thanks, I really don't know the difference between their lower end cards anymore.

picked up 2 for $28 shipped, not bad. Don't plan on using this for anything but a HTPC and office apps and your fine. The is the LOW-end DDR2, low SP version but it'll give you DVI out and out perform the GMA graphics built into all cheap intel mobos. If you're just watching videos, web surfing, and email all the crippled aspects of this card won't hurt you. The description on the sellers site stating they tested these in WoW on HIGH settings and it looked beautiful is pure crap unless you're standing in the corner of the forest by yourself staring at the wall btw :) Or if all you want is DVI out it's still worth it for $14.

Last edited:
Maybe I could take the bracket off entirely and just seat the card in the slot and just use the DVI port.

Hell, in for two as backups and for my server I will soon be building. Nice!

yup. That's the main reason why they do low profile PCBs with the VGA connector on a detachable ribbon cable. For a few bucks more you can get a low profile bracket to fit the card.

I bit for $13.50. Was thinking of using BIN for 8% Bing cash back, but that would only be $13.80.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back