I have the original Satisfye grip, you'll really like it. Very comfortable. And unlike other after market grips, the Switch slides out quickly and easily to put into the dock.

Dragon Quest XI demo went live on the Switch online store yesterday. Was really looking forward to it, and it was the version I planned on playing through (having avoided the PC port up to this point), but had a massive headache while playing through the demo. Unsure if it was the blurriness of the visuals (which didn't look that bad to me), or the framerate (which seemed 'smooth' enough), but something about it gave me a headache within minutes of playing it.

Going to try it again, maybe it was something else triggering my headache, but if it comes back - PC version it is.

Game itself seemed super charming and well done.

6/6 PERFECT baby !! :p

As I said in a previous post, I own a betting shop for many years now, turn based games are perfect when you want to relax a bit during downtime or even when there's only a couple of customers around, doing their own thing :D
Octopath Traveler - Mario Rabbids - Hard West ( very good port, was 10$ during the E3 sale ) has proven to be a pretty entertaining trio so far, there's even Phantom Doctrine in the backlog

Care to sell one of your old ones?

I live in Europe sorry :)

PS : I haven't paid money to EA and Ubisoft for years now, there was one folk recently that was interested in buying 2 very mediocre grips from me ( orzly and lammcou ) but he didn't want to pay any money so I traded them in for FIFA 18 & Mario Rabbids lol

Last edited:
Grandia HD sneakily released the other week. I recommend the games to anyone that hasn’t played them and enjoys an old school RPG.

I honestly have to rave about how versatile the switch is. Been bringing it to work for lunch times. Last night while playing docked a storm killed power and u was able to continue playing in portable mode. Fucking sweet

Attachments

• 20190823_120154.jpg
    20190823_120154.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 0
Thinking of picking up a switch, need to find a new one with longer battery life though.

Honestly the better battery life would be nice, but it’s not near enough for me to want to replace the one I have. The battery has never really been my bane.

Anyone pick up Astral Chain yet? It looks cool but I'm not sure if I want to throw down $60 for it.

Also looking forward to Blasphemous coming out next month.

Honestly the better battery life would be nice, but it’s not near enough for me to want to replace the one I have. The battery has never really been my bane.

That special gamestop had where it was like 50 or 75 bucks plus tax to trade in would be a good reason to upgrade if one wanted too(not sure if its still going on). Hell if I used mine as a portable I might have done that as I'm guessing my joycons would be starting to show wear. 75 bucks(the trade in was like 225 and I thought there was something that could be stacked) to swap out to new controllers and a new battery? Sounds pretty good. Actually had a friend do this with the xbox one. He hit some amazon promotion where he upgraded his one to a one s for about what the the controller he was wearing out was going to cost to replace.

Got my 128gb card in. Had fully maxed out the 64gb card I was using in it. Still need to play every one's favorite game of SD card swap so I can get the 32gb card in my phone back into the tablet and the 64 back in my phone

Attachments

• 20190830_200005.jpg
    20190830_200005.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 0
Man, my second switch died 2 days ago. I just had it in my pack as something to play when I travel and I haven't used it in a week or so. I thought it was a bad battery so I bought a new one plugged it and and still no go. I was considering changing out the usb c port but I don't think thats the problem since a new battery doesn't turn it on either. I didn't want to go down the rabbit hole and just start buying components on the board to swap out, and I haven't really soldered anything in years. $108 to ship it to Nintendo and fix it because its out of warranty. On another note, the screws they use in the switch are just shit, they strip super easily and the machining on them is inconsistent, iFixit says PH00 but two different sets of tools and some of the screws just don't fit.

Never thought a switch would die on me considering the hardware on it and I played this one a lot less than my original one (the first one has over 400 hrs or so played docked, a lot of that on Xenoblade Chronicles 2).

Man, my second switch died 2 days ago. I just had it in my pack as something to play when I travel and I haven't used it in a week or so. I thought it was a bad battery so I bought a new one plugged it and and still no go. I was considering changing out the usb c port but I don't think thats the problem since a new battery doesn't turn it on either. I didn't want to go down the rabbit hole and just start buying components on the board to swap out, and I haven't really soldered anything in years. $108 to ship it to Nintendo and fix it because its out of warranty. On another note, the screws they use in the switch are just shit, they strip super easily and the machining on them is inconsistent, iFixit says PH00 but two different sets of tools and some of the screws just don't fit.

Never thought a switch would die on me considering the hardware on it and I played this one a lot less than my original one (the first one has over 400 hrs or so played docked, a lot of that on Xenoblade Chronicles 2).

What happened to the first one?

Nothing still works. I just keep it at home for docked use. I tend to travel a lot for work and I wanted to have a second switch that’s always in my bag.

Do you not buy digital games in the eShop? I've read it's a PITA to share an account on two different Switches, as Nintendo only lets you have one Switch registered at a time or something. I'm pretty much digital only on my consoles at this point, so that would be a deal breaker for me right now on getting a second Switch. I hoped Nintendo would fix it by the time the Lite came out because they should be anticipating households having multiple Switches by now. But that hasn't stopped them from dragging ass on the virtual console stuff either so far.

Do you not buy digital games in the eShop? I've read it's a PITA to share an account on two different Switches, as Nintendo only lets you have one Switch registered at a time or something. I'm pretty much digital only on my consoles at this point, so that would be a deal breaker for me right now on getting a second Switch. I hoped Nintendo would fix it by the time the Lite came out because they should be anticipating households having multiple Switches by now. But that hasn't stopped them from dragging ass on the virtual console stuff either so far.

I do have a few games from the eshop but none of the major Nintendo titles. I haven’t had a problem with the ones I own. But I do like to buy the games physically when I can.

Anyone check out the direct? I hit the highlights and the best is Capcoms brass balls to announce DMC2 remaster as a stand-alone title.

Other highlights being SNES games finally coming (with online)

Deadly Premonition port released with a sequel announced.

Some assassins creed ports (4 and rogue)

Xenoblade Chronicles remaster.

And a handful of other decent announcements.

Anyone check out the direct? I hit the highlights and the best is Capcoms brass balls to announce DMC2 remaster as a stand-alone title.

Other highlights being SNES games finally coming (with online)

Deadly Premonition port released with a sequel announced.

Some assassins creed ports (4 and rogue)

Xenoblade Chronicles remaster.

And a handful of other decent announcements.
Continues to be a port dumpster.

2019-2020 exclusives
astral chain - daemon x machina -tetris 99 - deadly premonition 2 - link's awakening remaster - fire emblem three houses - luigi's mansion 3 - super mario maker 2, the list goes on and on ...

ports are just a bonus ! a very nice bonus if you don't feel like playing indies on a gaming PC and/or have missed out on very good wii U titles like donkey kong tropical freeze mario kart 8 and bayonetta 2 :)

Not wrong but I’ve played a bunch of ports on the system and frankly like that it gets some of them. The portability is kind of huge. I’ve put as many hours into Skyrim switch as Skyrim PC. (Granted I’m no fanatic and don’t put hundreds and hundreds)

Oh also, Doom 64 is getting a release. So that’s neato

2019-2020 exclusives
astral chain - daemon x machina -tetris 99 - deadly premonition 2 - link's awakening remaster - fire emblem three houses - luigi's mansion 3 - super mario maker 2, the list goes on and on ...

ports are just a bonus ! a very nice bonus if you don't feel like playing indies on a gaming PC and/or have missed out on very good wii U titles like donkey kong tropical freeze mario kart 8 and bayonetta 2 :)
Only Zelda interests me on that list.

I play mostly jrpgs and smash bros on my switch. This year has been pretty good for jrpgs on the switch. I was playing fire emblem before the switch broke and I am waiting on dragon quest

I play mostly jrpgs and smash bros on my switch. This year has been pretty good for jrpgs on the switch. I was playing fire emblem before the switch broke and I am waiting on dragon quest

Have you played Golf Story? Has that old school RPG feel but with golfing.

I think Divinity Original Sin 2 would be fun to play on the Switch, especially multiplayer. Came out yesterday I believe?

I am interested in Doom 64 as long as they don't have it tied to a Bethesda account like the others.

Does Doom 3 still have the mandatory Bethesda account crap?

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
About ready for a break in BOTW and looking forward to the new one and Star Wars. Any recommendations for games? I honestly can't get into any of the Mario Brothers I found on it I have Skyrim but I've played it on every consoles been available for including PC so it's kind of meh.

Managed to finish the main quest on Zelda with just over 90% complete and will probably try to find something to play and take a break until the new stuff comes out before grinding out the last 10%

Last edited:
I think Divinity Original Sin 2 would be fun to play on the Switch, especially multiplayer. Came out yesterday I believe?
Yes it did.
I am interested in Doom 64 as long as they don't have it tied to a Bethesda account like the others.

Does Doom 3 still have the mandatory Bethesda account crap?

Doom 3 never had the account oddly enough, but to my knowledge 1&2 both have been patched to allow the login to be optional.

Edit, seconding golf story. It’s good stuff.

So they said SNES games at 11 eastern... still nothing showing up for me.

So they said SNES games at 11 eastern... still nothing showing up for me.

Yeah, just checked, nothing here either.

Haven't watched the announcement, but was it clarified if it will be an update to the existing NES app or would it appear as a new SNES app on the storefront?

Yeah, just checked, nothing here either.

Haven't watched the announcement, but was it clarified if it will be an update to the existing NES app or would it appear as a new SNES app on the storefront?

Looks like a new app, but these nintendo announcements are always vague as hell.

I’m not fussed. I never got into overwatch at all. I maintain TF2 did it better until it became all about hats and user made shit.

Just bought a switch. Got myself Smash and a pro controller. Have not even fired it up yet. What are some fun singleplayer games you can't get on PC?

Back