I traded it in. It's a very solid game, but it's super frustrating and I frankly don't care to learn how to play another fighting game.

Also, they really should have released it has a free to play game on the Switch and did a loot crate style system for skins IMO. The player base in that thing is going to shrink quick and if you suck at the game it's going to be fairly unplayable online.

Solid game, I just think fighting style games need to be F2P these days to bring in a big enough playerbase.

Maybe I'm just weird but ARMS is my favorite fighting game to date. I love the mechanics. That said, I only play with the pro controller or in handheld mode. No motion controls for me.

Splatoon 2 is way too damn fun. I get competitive in those matches, almost as much as counter strike lol. Oh how I wish I could play with a keyboard and mouse.

Need to get some people from here together on it!

Tried ARMS with the normal controller mode...way easier. Motion controls would be fun for local PvP where both players have them, but for anything else...controller all the way.

Barely started playing Splatoon 2...tried to play it last weekend on vacation but most of the features seemed to require an internet connection (which I didn't really have a decent one). :confused:

Played some Splatoon 2 online...it's...okay? I don't really like the level requirements for everything as it feels like leveling is fairly slow. I tried playing at around 9 PM PST and it took far too long to find matches...hopefully it's not always like that.

As for the gameplay, I like that it's fairly simple and that the matches are not super long. I don't like the matchmaking, which ends up putting several low-level players on the same team against some level 40+ guys who just utterly dominate the match. So far that has happened well over half of the matches that I have played and it sort of makes the game not that fun.

I am having a hard time figuring out where the SP content is. The hub world doesn't really have any signs on anything and you kind of just wander around trying to remember what building is what. Also, the Salmon Run co-op stuff being limited to certain dates and times is really stupid.

Yeah, Splatoon doesn't do much for me. I really want to like it but I just haven't been able to enjoy it much.

Turf War is amazing but the other modes aren't that great for me. I suggest trying that one.

Anybody else feel the month delay between digital and physical release of NBA 2k18 has a good chance of upsetting future 3rd party support? I could see a scenario where the game does not sell as many units during this first month due to people waiting for the physical release and Take Two being like nope no more ports! I just can't think of any other major, non-indie game having such a delay between having units physically on the shelf compared to digital options.

Was really hoping for a Smash Bros. announcement yesterday. Old arcade ports do nothing for me.
Right now the only real activity my Switch gets are occasional bouts of Street Fighter (where literally everyone is Akuma) and Mario Kart.

Was really hoping for a Smash Bros. announcement yesterday. Old arcade ports do nothing for me.
Right now the only real activity my Switch gets are occasional bouts of Street Fighter (where literally everyone is Akuma) and Mario Kart.

Doom and Wolfenstein 2 are great additions.

Wolfenstein 2 is interesting, but Doom already made the rounds on every other system a year ago. I'm all for the Switch getting multiplatform titles, but I can't see myself re-buying any multi-platform titles for it.

Wolfenstein 2 is interesting, but Doom already made the rounds on every other system a year ago. I'm all for the Switch getting multiplatform titles, but I can't see myself re-buying any multi-platform titles for it.

Especially not without some kind of trophy/achievement system.

I read a story a week or two ago where a developer implied that some form of trophy/achievement system was likely coming. Sony tacked 'em on well after the PS3's release so it's certainly possible to retroactively add support. Not sure it would make me go back and play Zelda again, but I'd probably put some additional time into Mario Kart.

I finally found the SP for Splatoon 2...it's okay, something to kill time with. Would like to play co-op but the Salmon Run limited time BS is...well, BS.

Been getting a bit more into ARMS, trying to figure out the strategies. Even on easy difficulty it seems like the AI just uses cheap-as-fuck split-second reactions into grab spam half the time. Definitely play with a controller and not the motion controls if you want to do well.

I really am glad that we are getting a bit of third party love. I am holding out hopes for a Skyward Sword HD though.
I don't understand why these games are on the switch. Why would anyone buy Doom or Wolfenstein on the switch over any of the other options. I doubt they will even run at a stable 30 fps at 720p. Maybe 900p. These game are not going to sell for the Switch.

I don't understand why these games are on the switch. Why would anyone buy Doom or Wolfenstein on the switch over any of the other options. I doubt they will even run at a stable 30 fps at 720p. Maybe 900p. These game are not going to sell for the Switch.
Uh, pretty easy answer - portable.

Also, resale value for switch games is higher.

At some point people just need to stop making predictions when it comes to the Switch. There very well could be an audience for these games on the Switch. The idea of playing Doom and Wolf 2 on a portable device gets me very interested, especially if they run half-way decently. The thought of just kicking back in bed, in the living room, or outside and playing something like those games sounds great to me.

At some point people just need to stop making predictions when it comes to the Switch. There very well could be an audience for these games on the Switch. The idea of playing Doom and Wolf 2 on a portable device gets me very interested, especially if they run half-way decently. The thought of just kicking back in bed, in the living room, or outside and playing something like those games sounds great to me.

I thought that the Switch would not take of as it did. If you generalize the console market I would agree that people not buy certain games (like first person shooters) on the console in my mind that is PC only, but here are prolly a lot of people still enjoying those kinds of titles.

And the same idea is to pigeon hole Switch being for a certain segment of people. The whole thing is sometimes pushed to extremes by people who will declare that gaming needs to be done on X or Y hardware in reality it is how much you enjoy gaming (that does mean that the game in question runs well) regardless of platform.

I consider 3rd party games to still be a mystery for the Switch. We've seen that people will pay for Zelda and Mario Kart, but it's not like people are going for the 3rd party stuff at the moment. Doom and Wolf 2 might be huge hits or the might be the second coming of Wii multi-platform. I honestly have no idea. I don't really care about them, but I'm not exactly representative of other owners.

I consider 3rd party games to still be a mystery for the Switch. We've seen that people will pay for Zelda and Mario Kart, but it's not like people are going for the 3rd party stuff at the moment. Doom and Wolf 2 might be huge hits or the might be the second coming of Wii multi-platform. I honestly have no idea. I don't really care about them, but I'm not exactly representative of other owners.
Wut? The Wii has garbage for 3rd party support. All the Wii had was a gimmick that took off and Nintendo IPs. The rest was crap shovel ware.

I can very much see doom selling well. The biggest problem I see with the older 3rd Party switch ports is the price. I haven't played doom and am interested in buying it for the switch... but not for $60 when I can get it for WAY less on pc and enjoy playing it at 4K 60fps... NBA 2K was a tough call for me but I still chose the pc port.

Then again, there are probably plenty of people that don't have gaming rigs and will buy it. What I want to see is Madden on the Switch :)

I have a feeling these ports will do well and there will be a market for portable versions of these titles.

Also Madden or nhl for the Switch would be great.

Last edited:
Wut? The Wii has garbage for 3rd party support. All the Wii had was a gimmick that took off and Nintendo IPs. The rest was crap shovel ware.

There was a lot of great games, you just had to look past the crap and poor marketing.

Monster Hunter Tri
No More Heroes 1 & 2
Okami
Dead Space: Extraction
Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All Stars
The Last Story
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zack and Wiki Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
House of the Dead: Overkill
Muramasa: The Demon Blade

you missed some big ones (and smaller ones):
Pandora's Tower
Arc Rise Fantasia
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Shiren The Wanderer
Sin & Punishment 2
No More Heroes
A Boy and His Blob
Madworld
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Rune Factory Frontier
Little King's Story
Red Steel 2
Sam & Max
Trauma Team
LostWinds
bit.trip

Are there any good games for the switch now? Haven't followed it in at all since release.

Are there any good games for the switch now? Haven't followed it in at all since release.

Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon. ARMS is okay, but even as a fighting game player, I think it gets old fast. Mario will be out next month.
Most everything else is just a port.

Best platform for Sonic mania, and mario rabbids kingdom is surprisingly good.

Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon. ARMS is okay, but even as a fighting game player, I think it gets old fast. Mario will be out next month.
Most everything else is just a port.

Hah, that is my exact Switch game library (with Mario on pre-order). :p

I think games like Stardew Valley will do well on the Switch, though I already bought it on the PC...

Our Walmart had about 7 systems in this week and sold out in like 3 days so there is still a demand.
Even the two Splatoon bundles sold out quick which were 100.00 more for some reason.

So, just finally bought mine. Got a neon Switch for the MSRP. Already got Sonic Mania and SteamWorld Dig 2 in the eShop. Love the system so far. Got it more for on the go than dock play.

Did you play Dig 2 yet? The first one took me completely by surprise. Couldn't really stop playing it. Looking forward to giving the new one a try.

I have ended up liking the Switch because of how lazy you can be with it. Play in bed, play on TV, play on car trip. Charges with a decent USB charger. Being able to play in many places, but not being exclusively a "portable" is nice.

This is what I loved about all of their handhelds, and the Wii U. I can be anywhere in the house, my wife can watch TV/movies/whatever, and I can keep playing if I'm not interested. I especially love being able to squeeze in a game before I go to sleep where maybe I didn't have the time or inclination to sit at my PC or the like. Looking forward to picking up a Switch soon for the same reason.

I have ended up liking the Switch because of how lazy you can be with it. Play in bed, play on TV, play on car trip. Charges with a decent USB charger. Being able to play in many places, but not being exclusively a "portable" is nice.

Yeah since taking my Switch on a plane and also on a camping trip - I absolutely love it. Bought a large battery bank for charging it while on the go too.

Back