I keep reading about how rare the Switch is. I've seen 5 or 6 of them at a few different stores in the past 2 months. The other day at Wal-Mart they had like 3 at like 6 or 7 pm.

Anyone else seeing them in store?

I keep reading about how rare the Switch is. I've seen 5 or 6 of them at a few different stores in the past 2 months. The other day at Wal-Mart they had like 3 at like 6 or 7 pm.

Haven't really been liking but I haven't seen any for sell around Baltimore going to various stores.

Nope. I saw some at BB at the end of May (and bought one), but haven't seen any since, locally.

I encountered several on launch day (I was looking for a Pro Controller) but haven't noticed any since. Then again, I haven't looked very hard either.

I'm still waiting for a case I really like. I bought a holdover on Amazon for like $10, but I'd love to have one that holds the Switch (+attached Joy-Cons) AND an AC adapter without being the size of a suitcase. Many claim to and mind kinda sorta does, but it's a tight fit. I always wonder if I'm not risking my device by packing all that stuff in like that.

Newegg has Blue/Red joy-cons in stock at retail price. I ordered some from them a couple weeks ago and they shipped the same day.

Picked up Switch, Pro Controller, 3 games (Zelda, MK8, Tetris), screen protector, case, and stand in a bundle deal. 700 caps down the drain.
Played Zelda for 2 hours. Is OK. I like HZD better.

I give this purchase a 5 counts of retardation out of 10. Should've just bought a Wii U and waited it out till there are games on the damn thing. Zelda is OK but not worth 700 bones investment. MK8 is just not for me. My kid likes it though. If it survives a year in my house, I will be proud.

According to ifixit: https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+Switch+Teardown/78263

After some looking on google, someone on linustechtips took a screenshot of the available flash memory from toshiba. Here is the site: https://toshiba.semicon-storage.com/ap-en/product/memory/mlc-nand/emmc.html

Now, if any of these chips fit right on the daughter board that the current 32gb chip is on and if no firmware is required to run, kind of like sony's style of dropping in an hd or ssd. We may possibly have a chance to have a 128gb Nintendo switch!!!!

Someone needs to try it nao!!!!

Picked up Switch, Pro Controller, 3 games (Zelda, MK8, Tetris), screen protector, case, and stand in a bundle deal. 700 caps down the drain.

I give this purchase a 5 counts of retardation out of 10. Should've just bought a Wii U and waited it out till there are games on the damn thing. Zelda is OK but not worth 700 bones investment. MK8 is just not for me. My kid likes it though. If it survives a year in my house, I will be proud.

of course... buying a system for 1 game is a bad decision.

That doesn't sound like $700 worth of stuff in that $700 bundle...

of course... buying a system for 1 game is a bad decision.

Generally, yeah...I feel like I've gotten a good chunk of my money's worth with BOTW, though. And I'm excited for other games coming up. But yeah, currently it's not really worth the money just for Zelda and maybe MK8.

Generally, yeah...I feel like I've gotten a good chunk of my money's worth with BOTW, though. And I'm excited for other games coming up. But yeah, currently it's not really worth the money just for Zelda and maybe MK8.

Splatoon 2 is on my radar!
xenoblade 2.
Arms is quite good ( but very hard)

Yea I was in Sweden two weeks ago, went to mall of Scandinavia. Every electronics store or videos game store had at least 10 NS's. The reason they had so many was the price was $512 usd. Taxes are high for electronic goods i believe.

I'm in the US but kinda did the same thing. I gave in and bought a gamestop bundle a few weeks ago. Mine was the zelda bundle that was the grey controller switch, the pro controller, zelda, and the dlc for zelda. The DLC was the only thing I didn't know if I was going to want(and don't care about the first dlc drop they did the other day). I hate the joy cons and was going to pick up the pro controller anyway so overall I don't find it bad. I actually have a wii u so I could have gotten zelda on it I guess. Besides zelda I've been playing some neo geo games on it which actually are setup nicely(you can change the soft settings on the games). I have a real neo geo arcade machine but this allows me to play some of the games I like on the go.

I did pick up mario kart 8 for it too but it still sucks. It is just so much slower than say mario kart 64 and the controls are not as good(I was playing mario kart 64 on the wii u virtuals console to compare).

Play 200CC and then tell me MK8 is slow...lol.

Yea it makes it fast finally since they added that but the controls in the game just are not sharp enough as it wasn't designed to be played that fast. I just really think they did a horrible job on it overall.

Yea it makes it fast finally since they added that but the controls in the game just are not sharp enough as it wasn't designed to be played that fast. I just really think they did a horrible job on it overall.

Yeah, I do agree...the steering is horrendous at those speeds and it's extremely difficult to control.

Yeah, I do agree...the steering is horrendous at those speeds and it's extremely difficult to control.

Exactly. It takes the fun out of it. The controls are setup for the horribly slow game that they designed. The 200cc mode was an addon but they didn't fix the controls for it.

To be fair the mercedes dlc was something I thought was beyond stupid as well.

I don't think most people play 200 CC seriously. You're stuck riding your brakes for like 1/2 the race. Even power slide turbos are problematic because they'll blast you into a wall or off the track. If anything, it's probably wiser to use the mode where the game applies the gas for you so you only have to worry about the brakes.
In terms of handling, some of those vehicles with poor stats but tight turning are much, much better in that mode. Supposedly the bikes are generally much improved, too. After MK Wii they were nerfed to the point that people stopped using them.

I don't really keep up with how people play competitively, but last I recall they still play 150CC in tournaments.

150cc is actually decently fast but controllable. 200cc is just someone doubling the speed without tweaking the handling, steering, or any other attributes of the karts.

Went to Best Buy couple days ago (July 7th) and didn't see any. Asked if they had any, not really expecting to say yes, so I could tell the son, again, nope they don't have any...sorry! Instead they had 1, and it was being held up at the front security guard station at the front door. Needless to say, walked out spending about $500 more then I expected walking in.

Was able to get the Best Buy Gamers Club thing for free when taking into account the discounts it applied on the purchases. I mean, thats not special or anything, but something to consider for the discounts it provides for 2 years versus going to Gamestop or Amazon and paying the same amount.

Super psyched for Splatoon 2. Was pretty much the only game i liked on Wii U.

Dw19lgt.jpg

Finally found one. Was picking up a new external USB drive from BestBuy. Asked if they had a switch in stock, said they got one in 2 hours ago. I rushed over to the games section, sure enough 1 switch in stock. Asked about Pro Controllers. They had 2 Splatoon 2 Editions and 2 regular Pro controllers. Picked up 2 Splatoon 2 Editions and the last Link (Archer) Amiibo.

I bought a 256GB Samsung SD card from Amazon today. I'll be going all digital on the switch. So far I have bought Splatoon 2, Zelda BOTW, and Mario Kart 8 from the eShop

Is there a splatoon demo i can play? Not sure if i want to buy this or not.

I think it's been at least 6-8 weeks since my switched has been powered on.

Is there a splatoon demo i can play? Not sure if i want to buy this or not.

I think it's been at least 6-8 weeks since my switched has been powered on.

Other than the beta which has been long done, no. It's a great game. The single player is great, almost Mario Galaxy-ish. Yet it's short. Plenty to do online.

I picked up a switch after seeing one in the wild. It was way off my radar but was a lot cooler playing with one in person than I had thought it would be. The next day one of my best buds texted me he was thinking of getting one. That was all the nudge I needed. There happened to be one in stock at my local Target (w/ grey joy-cons) which I swooped up.. So far I have also picked up a pro controller, a carrying case, tg screen protectors, some usb c cables, and a pair of red joy-cons to give it a little color. A lot actually wow, more like neon red/orange! I have Zelda and Mini Golf so far and a 128G micro SD card. It's a lot of fun. The battery life isn't as good as my shield portable and it can't play/stream media (yet) but it will probably supplant the shield portable as my primary traveling distraction device.

edit: I put on my glass screen protector today.. man the reviews are not kidding about steaming up the bathroom first to get dust out of the air. I had to use my second one after the first one was perfectly on, zero bubbles, it just went right on so easy.. but with one dust glob front and center. Gah! I am glad they give you two. :)

Last edited:
Other than the beta which has been long done, no. It's a great game. The single player is great, almost Mario Galaxy-ish. Yet it's short. Plenty to do online.

I don't really care about PvP and the co-op mode is time-locked for some reason. Still worth buying?

A good friend (that I trust) has been pitching me on Splatoon's online MP for the last 2 weeks. He said that other than the horrible need to use an app to communicate it's fantastic.
I've got a long ass flight coming up so I'm going to finally try to learn how to play ARMS properly. After playing it a little on launch weekend I haven't touched it in like a month.

Is there any news as to what is supposed to happen to the virtual console with the nintendo switch?

Is there any news as to what is supposed to happen to the virtual console with the nintendo switch?

Rumour has it we may hear some info at PAX in early Sept. Certainly will be hearing more on Indy games then.

If no VC stuff at PAX then likely at the Tokyo Game Show in late Sept.

A good friend (that I trust) has been pitching me on Splatoon's online MP for the last 2 weeks. He said that other than the horrible need to use an app to communicate it's fantastic.
I've got a long ass flight coming up so I'm going to finally try to learn how to play ARMS properly. After playing it a little on launch weekend I haven't touched it in like a month.

Splatoon 2 is surprisingly really fun. I'm just terrible at aiming with the Switch controls (I turned off gyro controls).

I picked up Splatoon 2 in time to get the Amazon discount...haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Also picked up ARMS from a friendly member over in the FS/FT so I should be trying that soon as well.

ARMS is...a bit hard to figure out, lol. I am using the motion controls which seems like the most fun, but also the most imprecise.

Back