Newegg Shell Shocker 11/04/08 - OCZ Fatal1ty PC6400 4GB (2x2GB) $39.99 FS

Nice deal, thanks OP. I picked up a pair. Anyone know how these oc? Link - Doesn't look like they did too good for them, but for $19 I guess you can't expect very much.

Nice deal, thanks OP. I picked up a pair. Anyone know how these oc? Link - Doesn't look like they did too good for them, but for $19 I guess you can't expect very much.
I wouldn't expect miracle OCs, but it should be fine for any 9x multi cpu

Sweet, with the rebate I'll be getting 8GB for $60. Sounds good to me. =D

AMAZING... I just ordered two sets, crazy deal. I was running a bit low on RAM when dual logging Warhammer Online with 4GB... so, 8GB we go! I'll be selling off my 4x1GB Micron D9's shortly :).

Maybe my Q6600 will go a bit further with these puppies too!

Jesus, I posted the deal but I thought I was doing good by resisting the urge to hit the 'add to cart' button.... plus I try to make it a policy NEVER to buy anything with that gaywad's logo stamped all over it (Fatal1ty)....

But I just now finally bit.... on two sets. :cry: It's ramen noodles and kool-aid for the next two weeks....

I think my XP box would like 4GB more than 2GB ... so in for 4GB of "cereal-box cheap" memory ...

Hey, don't feel bad Blue Falcon... I just this past weekend promised myself to cut back on frivolous PC hardware purchases. Yet, I bit.

Hmmmm.... also made that same promise two weeks earlier. And a couple of weeks earlier than that too. :p

Wow, I'm an addict!!

Hey, don't feel bad Blue Falcon... I just this past weekend promised myself to cut back on frivolous PC hardware purchases. Yet, I bit.

Hmmmm.... also made that same promise two weeks earlier. And a couple of weeks earlier than that too. :p

Wow, I'm an addict!!

Yea but my sufficient other can live with $19 after MIR heh.

holy fright. Stinkin good deal. In for one. I don't even have anywhere to put it, but shoot. 20 bucks. Thanks OP and rebate finder!!! :D:D:D

awesome

first part for my new system - bit after seeing the rebate

If I can get 840mhz out of them I'll be happy.

I'm a little concerned that there seems to be a lot of bad sticks of this type though.

awesome

first part for my new system - bit after seeing the rebate

If I can get 840mhz out of them I'll be happy.

I'm a little concerned that there seems to be a lot of bad sticks of this type though.

For 20 bux if they run at stock I'll be happy.

damn. I'd get that too if I felt comfortable using it on a q9550 @ 3.6 and gtx 280 OC system. So close to enough.

Thanks for posting.
ecstatic.gif

I bit...time to replace my 4x1G of AMPO 667 for 2x2 OCZ 800. Can't beat that rebate on top of this.

I can't believe these are still in stock, I've seen it posted at half a bazillion sites since this morning.

Damn it. I debated and debated.... I guess it's time to upgrade both my systems to 6 gb.

Not yet, don't click on the Shell Shocker link... Use the original link.

NEVERMIND: It is dead, when added to cart shows up as 79.99

OP updated to reflect that the deal is now over, also included rebate linkage... remember to send in for the rebate folks!!!

Now, it's time to bite on that $50 Crucial deal...great ram.

Got mine as well, but as usual I'm pissed off at how it was packed and shipped from Newegg.

No box, both of my sets of RAM were stuffed into a single large yellow envelope that could barely meet the definition of the term 'padded'. Then of course it was shipped using Newegg's new policy of using DHL who in turn usually hands it off to the US Post Office as DHL's business slowly spirals into hell.

Looks like the RAM made it OK but I haven't had time to test it yet.

Same thing with me falcon. But I tested it in my friend's comp and it passed memtest so I put the rebate in the mailbox. Won't be testing how well it OCs till I get my computer thrown together in a few weeks.

Mine is still AWOL... apparently DHL and USPS can't find Fargo, ND (don't blame them...)
I also am not so happy with the fact I have no idea of "when" it might get here, i wouldn't mind if I had a "we plan on date" but i have no idea when to expect it...
I am thinking next time I will pay the extra to ship Fed-ex or UPS....

Got mine today :p . Memtest passed DDR800 1.9V 6-5-5-15 timings. For a HTPC, so works great for me. Rebate all set for the mail man tomorrow.

Got mine today too (well I guess technically yesterday since it's 12am here). Packaging was shitty, just a bubble envelope, but it got here in one piece. If I have time I'll test it tomorrow.

Christ Sakes!!!

It's coming to Milwaukee, WI
11/7/2008 3:03 AM CT DES PLAINES, IL, US TENDERED TO USPS
11/7/2008 1:14 AM CT DES PLAINES, IL, US ARRIVAL DESTINATION DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY
11/6/2008 4:15 AM PT CARSON, CA, US DEPARTURE ORIGIN DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY
11/5/2008 8:43 PM PT CARSON, CA, US PROCESSED
11/5/2008 6:19 PM PT CARSON, CA, US ARRIVAL ORIGIN DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY
11/5/2008 4:20 PM PT ROWLAND HEIGHTS, CA, US PICK UP

Why the hell would newegg ship it out with DHL then hand it off to the USPS? When I actually looked at the order today, I noticed that their "3-Day Shipping" now says 3-7 days... Would it not be more cost effective to ship it with USPS directly?

Great deal though! I just hope I get the RAM before the rebate fucking expires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christ Sakes!!!

It's coming to Milwaukee, WI

Why the hell would newegg ship it out with DHL then hand it off to the USPS? When I actually looked at the order today, I noticed that their "3-Day Shipping" now says 3-7 days... Would it not be more cost effective to ship it with USPS directly?

Great deal though! I just hope I get the RAM before the rebate fucking expires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, Newegg made that change a couple of weeks back. Now certain 'free shipping' items are shipped via DHL if Newegg deems it cost effective. Newegg seems oblivious to the fact that DHL is on the fast track to self-destruction. DHL's business is rapidly spiraling down the drain and they have recently started the annoying practice of routinely handing parcels over to the USPS for end delivery. Not only does it add another step to an already needlessly complicated shipping process, but it's yet another point where your package can just 'vanish'.

Got mine yesterday. Took out my g.skill ddr2 800 and installed this stuff ( to be safe it works before i send in rebate). Bumped the voltage up to 2.1 ( what specs say) and it held my OC just fine.

Egg saver was the free shipping on these sticks. Egg saver is 3-7. Always has been. Im lost on what you think your entitled to ?

Back