Newegg Shell Shocker 11/04/08 - OCZ Fatal1ty PC6400 4GB (2x2GB) $39.99 FS

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
DEAL DEAD - YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE ;)

Shell Shocker looks like a good one this morning, Newegg will have the OCZ Fatal1ty Edition 4GB (2x2GB) PC6400 DDR2 kit for $39.99 with free shipping. Timings are 5-4-4-18 at 2.1v... Normal price is $79.99 plus shipping. :)

[url]http://promotions.newegg.com/shellshocker/20081104/index.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL110408&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL110408-_-MECH-_-EB3B-_-ShellShocker[/url]

Regular Newegg product link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227334

$20 REBATE!!!

http://images10.newegg.com/UploadFilesForNewegg/rebate/SH/OCZ10MIRsNov01Nov1608lt12US.pdf

Makes this $19.99 AR :eek:

"Price - The price for this product has been reduced from $78.99 to $39.99."

Yet it remains unchanged.

Shell shocket doesn't start until 8AM Eastern if I remember correctly... get your clicking fingers ready!

Starts at 11:00 AM EST/ 8:00 AM PST as do all Shell Shocker Deals.

I'm going to pose a n00b question. What timings make for overall faster memory? 5-5-5-15 or 5-4-4-18? Or would it even really matter? I'm guessing the difference could only be seen in benchmarks.

5-4-4-18
Difference is really unnoticeable except in synthetic benchmarks. Go with whatever is cheaper, there will be nearly no difference.

Fatal1ty!?!??! Fatal1ty!?!??! Fatal1ty!?!??! Fatal1ty!?!??! Fatal1ty!?!??! Fatal1ty!?!??! Fatal1ty!?!??!

rofl... still a good deal though. :p

Fatal1ty!?!??! Fatal1ty!?!??! Fatal1ty!?!??! Fatal1ty!?!??! Fatal1ty!?!??! Fatal1ty!?!??! Fatal1ty!?!??!

rofl... still a good deal though. :p

Yeah, it's the brand name LOL based off of some FPS player's leetspeak.

Very tempted to pick up two sets so I have 8GB instead of 4GB... when I'm running two copies of Warhammer Online dual logging, and Windows Media Player, I'm sitting at 3.6GB used alongside my other normal programs. Plus it would help for other stuff too... of course I could save the cash toward a Core i7 setup hmmmm.

heh, whats funny is my OCZ SLi Ready 4GB kit of RAM is rated for 5-4-4-15 at 2.0 volts i think...

meh

err this was cheaper a couple weeks ago but had a MIR to get it that low. Maybe no MIR this time and that is the *SHOCKER* ?

<-- is willing to accept a warm deal with instant savings over a hot deal with MIR :D

question for ya's all... I just grabbed a BE-2400 for which I have no motherboard yet. I was thinking of grabbing a pair of this RAM to keep with the CPU till I do get a motherboard. Or should I be looking for faster RAM than this? Thinking it may wind up as a low-power HTPC, but that's not decided.

<-- is willing to accept a warm deal with instant savings over a hot deal with MIR :D

question for ya's all... I just grabbed a BE-2400 for which I have no motherboard yet. I was thinking of grabbing a pair of this RAM to keep with the CPU till I do get a motherboard. Or should I be looking for faster RAM than this? Thinking it may wind up as a low-power HTPC, but that's not decided.

If you want as low power as possible, you'll probably want to be looking at 1.8v ram

he's right, you know^^. i have 2 kits of 2gb ocz ddr2 1150 that i could never get to run over 1000 in my biostar tpower or msi 750i. got a dfi ut p45 the other day and they wont even post, either kit, dual or single channel, single stick, any dimm slot. so much for my ocz experiment. back to g.skill 1066 pi, 4gb. good price tho. kind of thinking about ddr3 triple channel, to tell you the truth at this particular time.

Sweet, with the rebate I'll be getting 8GB for $60. Sounds good to me. =D

Yeah, me too. As much as I hate rebates, I just can't pass up on 4Gb for $20.00 :p

how good are these memory?

I'm thinking about picking up some G.Skill memory for 59.99 or these ones.

Well I was on the fence. Then I saw the MIR.

In for 1

Back