Newegg is a wasteland

I still like Newegg, I think they are still about the best all around place to buy computer hardware (though them still not charging tax to NY helps), but having said that recently I ordered a Seasonic X650 PSU that came in yesterday. I open up the shipping box now and...apparently there's a large bit in the part of the packaging box, through two straight thick layers of packing paper where there's a seemingly punched in hole. :confused: First thing I've gotten anything like that from NE, hope the unit itself is ok...

well what do you know after 10 days of lying I finally received the package.
This has NO ups tags on it so UPS was telling the truth when they said that they never received the item egg said they shipped ups.
the only sticker on it is usps another lie for the egg

egg it was ordered on the 18th but said it shipped from tenn some time on the 19th. It shipped from another state on the 21st.
Another lie

overall if someone at newegg opens his mouth its a lie.

Never mistake incompetence for malice. It's not a lie if they're too stupid to understand how the order was handled. You toss around terms that border on libelous, certainly overstepping good taste.

Glad you got your miserable item, will THAT shut you up now?

9 business days ... still no sata cable...raWR me wantz me sata cabels!

sata round cable 12" inch startech.. they must match my other cables :p

will THAT shut you up now?

Whats your problem you work for them and in here to defend them?

Libel ?

I have an email stating it was shipped from one state on the 19th
the package is shipped from another state with the tag of the 21st

Is this lying or isn't it?

will THAT shut you up now?

Whats your problem you work for them and in here to defend them?

Libel ?

I have an email stating it was shipped from one state on the 19th
the package is shipped from another state with the tag of the 21st

Is this lying or isn't it?

Amigo. You have yet to even confess how you had the order shipped and whether it was anything but SmartPost. I suspect you got the free shipping, and got crappy service commensurate with that. Almost all retailers call an order "shipped" once it has a shipping label printed not when it leaves their warehouse...shippers OTOH only consider an item shipped once it is picked up/dropped off.

Be free to piss and moan, but I strongly suspect NewEgg ain't at fault in your case.

Amigo. You have yet to even confess how you had the order shipped and whether it was anything but SmartPost. I suspect you got the free shipping, and got crappy service commensurate with that. Almost all retailers call an order "shipped" once it has a shipping label printed not when it leaves their warehouse...shippers OTOH only consider an item shipped once it is picked up/dropped off.

Be free to piss and moan, but I strongly suspect NewEgg ain't at fault in your case.
seriously. This is the most idiotic rant about a company i've ever heard. I certainly believe that newegg regressed a lot over the last 6-8 years, but this is just absurd

I was dissapointed in their processing speed lately.

Order Placed: 6:46 AM
Order Shipped 11:48 PM

And that was with rush processing...

I was dissapointed in their processing speed lately.

Order Placed: 6:46 AM
Order Shipped 11:48 PM

And that was with rush processing...

Wow. Thats cutting it close on their rush processing guidlines. Haha.

"Newegg.com offers Rush Processing for orders placed before 12PM PST for a small additional fee. The billing and shipping address must be the same. Newegg.com will put forth its best efforts, however, we cannot guarantee that your order will ship the same day. If we fail to ship your order on the same day, we will refund the Rush Processing fee."

In my experience with the egg, the product being shipped also makes a big difference. We had a large Frigidaire AC unit shipped to us and it was a completely difference experience from PC hardware. Nobody could tell me where it was or why it hadn't shipped in 48+ hours, I called and they said the warehouse had not updated the status of the order. I dont know why they couldn't just call the warehouse?

I ordered an item Wednesday at noon and had it Thursday, no rush processing, no special shipping. Now it only went from Edison NJ to PA, but that seems damn good to me.

I have never had an issue with Newegg. I have ordered alot of stuff and will soon be ordering cables.

well you'll be glad to know, my sata cable came in... it only took 10 day business days...

I remember i was so disappoint when they switched from fedex

I'm surprised someone remembers this. I remember when back when , Newegg was the place to buy PC cases due to the Fed Ex 2 day shipping. Now they charge shipping on items that practically weigh nothing

My most recent hard drive order was packed well. Maybe some of their warehouses are better than others. Most of my orders that I had trouble with came from California. The ones from a Tennessee(or maybe that was Georgia I can't remember) warehouse seemed fine though. That would be the only explanation for how some orders are packed poorly and others are packed really well. Now if Newegg is diligent to pass its packages out to the shipping entity(and it being the correct one) that is all it can do as far as shipping. If you were promised UPS and received anything else they should at least apologize.

I don't get newegg hate after they've put up with the bullshit of the enthusiast community for so many years.

Claim: "It arrived DOA"
Truth: "I'm retarded and flashed the bios wrong because I wanted a $400 card for the price of a $200 card, now this card is ruined, and I don't want to pay for my fucking stupidity".

..yeah, massively profitable market.

I don't get newegg hate after they've put up with the bullshit of the enthusiast community for so many years.

Claim: "It arrived DOA"
Truth: "I'm retarded and flashed the bios wrong because I wanted a $400 card for the price of a $200 card, now this card is ruined, and I don't want to pay for my fucking stupidity".

..yeah, massively profitable market.

Funny and true.
The enthusiasts are the whiniest people ever. I mean, there are many times I even close my browser when viewing the hard forum because of all the bullshit I see here. I can only put up with so much of it before I have to turn it off.

I'm surprised someone remembers this. I remember when back when , Newegg was the place to buy PC cases due to the Fed Ex 2 day shipping. Now they charge shipping on items that practically weigh nothing

and not to mention you get those items for same/less price on ebay with free shipping, only downside it takes lot long to get here. but if you plan it right you can get those items for good price.

Amazon + prime membership for the win. They have 99% of the computer stuff I want or need, 99% of the other electronics I need, and pretty much everything else I could ever want or need. I don't have a reason to go anywhere else really as they always have low prices.

NewEgg, once again, has egg on its face for denying returns because of software changes.
http://consumerist.com/2012/10/04/installing-windows-8-will-void-your-newegg-warranty-too/

Sure the original OS should have been installed however its just poor form to not even be consistent with your own return policy AND jerk someone around for a software change that very clearly was not the cause of the defect leading to a return. Reading the chat logs just makes me shiver at the incompetence of their CS.

fwiw, I had to RMA some memory and it went smoothly. However, how come it seems Newegg sends the "here are some coupons for great customers like you" email AFTER you already made your purchase. I never get to use them because they only last 48hours.

Yea, it doesn't need to be in a box. I would almost feel safer having it in an envelope. I believe then it will only be with other envelopes as well.

I prefer to shop on Newegg because of how well they store my order history, which is really handy when keeping track of dates of purchase. Also Newegg has notify me to tell you when an item is back in stock. Newegg doesn't automatically select additional items for you to buy with your purchase, but instead it suggests them on the very next page. All of these are reason I still like Newegg and why Tiger Direct and similar sites need to be more like Newegg.

I only purchase from Newegg when the item is either cheaper or not available from Amazon or TigerDirect. Amazon and TigerDirect have better return policies and typically better packaging and faster shipping. I live close to Illinois so everything from TigerDirect is only 2 day delivery without the need for a Shoprunner or Amazon Prime account. I've also been shopping at TigerDirect a lot because of the 6% cashback through Discover.

Yea idk what happened. A few years back I made 2 great comps for them..now everything is overpriced and not as much selection. What did they DO

Last edited:
haha was planning on home theater system and going to get prodigy and they up the prize to $89.

not to mention amazon, TD and buy.com has almost everything with same/better prize with/without rebate. amazon does over package things sometime but luckily they don't overcharge for it.

Im overseas and I buy from Newegg. Sadly I need to go through a 3rd party who then charges their service fee. Still, overall turns out cheaper than buying locally.

overall newegg is now the we want to be amazon and can do it cheaper with higher prices to boot.
AND poor shipping.
Not the first on my list and hope others realize this as well.

Yea idk what happened. A few years back I made 2 great comps for them..now everything is overpriced and not as much selection. What did they DO

They went public, and need to appease shareholders. Capitalism at its finest.

Last night Newegg sent out a new sale flyer and I was browsing. I actually saw the hard drive prices go up 15% while browsing and now their's a coupon code for 15% off.

Hurray.

They went public, and need to appease shareholders. Capitalism at its finest.

No one forced them to go public, they did so for the fat paycheck that comes with going public. You want to blame someone, blame the owners that decided to go public.

P.S. I also don't think you know what capitalism means, newegg existing at all is capitalism at its finest.

Last night Newegg sent out a new sale flyer and I was browsing. I actually saw the hard drive prices go up 15% while browsing and now their's a coupon code for 15% off.

Hurray.

Lol, I think i've noticed that happen too, so dumb

Newegg is not and has never been a public company. They withdrew their IPO application last year.

But what they set into motion to appease stockholders apparently went through as that is how they seem to be operating nowadays.

I agree Newegg and Amazon are similar.

But I am in WASHINGTON STATE. So guess what? 8%+ tax from AZ. 0% tax from Newegg.

I know you CALI guys are just the opposite.

Back