Newegg is a wasteland

But what they set into motion to appease stockholders apparently went through as that is how they seem to be operating nowadays.

Yup. NewEgg customer service, and service in general, went to crap at just about the same time they were proposing they go public with an IPO. It wasn't until after those events occurred that I experienced (1) NewEgg making reasons up to deny RMAs, (2) NewEgg shipping refurbished/open-box products when I ordered new, (3) NewEgg customer service taking days on end to sometimes resolve products, or (4) NewEgg significantly altering most of their return policies so that you cannot actually return the most of what I believe are the biggest sales drivers on their site (SSDs, GPUs, CPUs, etc).

I agree Newegg and Amazon are similar.

But I am in WASHINGTON STATE. So guess what? 8%+ tax from AZ. 0% tax from Newegg.

I know you CALI guys are just the opposite.

Not anymore, they pay amzn tax too now...

I cannot find the original Newegg is damaging rma'ed mainboards so I will post it here. First, thank you whomever posted about it since it saved my friend from the same issues. He ordered a board, got it, rma'ed it since it seemed to have an issue, got the new one, had the same issue and returned it for a refund.

The board was supposed to work with the Phenom 9750 but it did not. (The processor is known good since it worked in the old board without issue.) Well, he took pictures of the board before he sent it back and wouldn't you know it, they claimed that it was damaged by him and they were going to refuse it. :mad:

He did not damage the board nor was it damaged in transit. (They claimed the PCIe slot was damaged where the lockdown lever is but, we never used it since it was being used with onboard video.) Thank you once again for the heads up. :D (Newegg is definitely becoming crooked, I wonder if they will even be around in 10 years or so.)

I will buy from Newegg if their prices are significantly better but if Amazon is anywhere in the ball park I will go with them due to customer services and the having Amazon prime. It really is amazing to see how bad Newegg's reputation has gotten just over the last couple years after being one of standouts for so long.

Back