Newegg / [H]ardOCP AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Setup a home network for my son and I so we can play games together so the old man can teach a lesson or two on CoD4.

2. Phenom

1. I would purchase a Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4 and some more Corsair DHX memory modules. I have a watercooled case so it would be interesting to see how high that Chip could run... :)
2. Phenom

What would you do if you won an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU? Jump for joy, sing the praises of [H] and the Egg. Finallyt have a computer capable of playing Crysis at better that 800x600.

What is the name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor?
Phenom

1.) Build a AM2 system, overclock it as high as I could on air cooling after the burn in process!
2.) Phenom

1. i would have a party for actually winning something of any decent value for once in my life and then buy myself a nice AM2 mainboard and start fragging with crysis:D then i would use it and some CAD software to design myself a nice watercooling setup to push that little sucker farther;)

2. Phenom

1. What would you do if you won an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU?
I'd teach all the American Miss Teen USA American contestants how to find the USA on a map so they can tour the country and proudly display teh knowledge I have given them.<sniff>

2. What is the name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor?
Phenom!

1. Fix my computer thats giving me so many problems, and be so happy that i finally won something in my life!
2. Phenom

1. I would turn my existing system into a high definition media center with both HD-DVD and Blu-ray drives and dual high definition tuners and then build a new business/gaming rig around the X2 5000+.

2... Phenom

What would you do if you won an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU? Build a new computer for those next gen games coming out!
What is the name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor? Phenom

Thanks for the opportunity [H] and Newegg!

1. I'd replace my aging 3ghz intel p4 based AGP machine, and finally make my way to the world of PCI-E! I'll still keep the machine as a workhorse, still has plenty of life left.

2. Phenom

1. I would build myself a rig and convert current rig into machine for my wife so she can play Sims without keeping me from Crysis :mad:

2. Phenom

1. I would upgrade my current system in a futile attempt to gain an advantage on my 15 yr old son in <insert game name here>. :p

2. Phenom

1. My wife is running on an AMD 2500+ Barton and I love her so I think she would get an upgrade. :)
2. Phenom

I'd sell the chip and use the money to buy an Intel Q6600 chip to replace the E6420 chip I already have. Then I'd sell the E6420 chip. So between selling the 5000+ and the E6420 chip that would almost pay for the Q660 chip. :)

2) Phenom X4 and X2 processors.

1. I would build a Folding rig worthy of its components, by OC'ing it as far as it would go using reasonable cooling methods.

2. Phenom. (Perhaps you could throw one of these in as well? ;))

Thanks for this cool giveaway!

1) i would overclock the cpu to its maximum using liquid nitrogen then fold for team 33 wile browsing hardforum clicking on ever single banner and ad :p also i would use it to email kyle about how amazing hardforum is.

2) Phenom

1. Overclock it to the limit on air and put it to folding for team 33: 24x7x365.25
2. Phenom.

1. What would you do if you won an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU?

First I would give my C2D system to my brother, then buy two 3870s to crossfire with this new 5000+ BE CPU

2. What is the name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor?

AMD Phenom (Internal Codename Barcelona and Greyhound)

1. Set it in front on my massively overclocked QX9650 rig and force it to stare superiority in the face until every transistor in its core cried for mercy. Then I'd give it to my AMD fanboy buddy for his PC. I would then sit said buddy in front of said massively overclocked QX9650 rig until his eyes bled. I'm a great guy like that. :cool:
2. Phenom

1. Put it on the Abit KN9 board I've had sitting on a shelf forever, buy a decent PCIe video card off Newegg, and relegate my Pentium 4 to file serving duties where it belongs.

2. Phenom.

1. I'd have to research which AMD mobo to buy, and check out a 3870 or a 8800GT!

2. Phenom

1) I'd put it in a new setup I'm planning for my new fiance-- she's a bigger gamer than I am-- and OC the hell out of it.

2. Phenom

Thanks guys!

1. If chosen as one of the winners, I would upgrade one of my Intel based computers with a new motherboard, RAM and video card to go with the AMD X2 5000+ Black Edition processor. The components that were replaced would then be given to a family who is unable to either afford a new computer or upgrade their old computer to play the games or run the applications they want.

2. The name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor is Phenom.

1. Use it to build a new PC to replace my old one that blew up last week.

2. Phenom

1) Donate the CPU to [H]ard|OCP to be liquidated, proceeds to charity of their choice.

2) Phenom

1. Try to build a computer advanced enough to calculate the sheer number of responses in this thread :) Oh, and also build a rig for running Folding @ Home

2. Phenom X2 and X4

1. I'd build a nice computer for my 10 year old granddaughter who's a computer whiz.

2. Phenom

1. I would use it to replace my already great amd am2 4000+ x2.

and then buy some water cooling and see how far i could overclock it with the unlocked multiplier.

2. Phenom

1. I would take the PC I'm on now and give it to my cousin who is stuck using a Mac at his school in Florida. The man needs a PC! I would also try overclocking for the first time with the 5000+.

2. Phenom

1) I would upgrade my wife's system so she will stop using mine, that way, with the money I would save from not having to buy a CPU, I would purchase her a brand new fishing pole and reel, new tackle box and some lures. She might not fish, but it's the thought that counts ;)

2) Phenom

-Bill

1. I would give my existing 4200+ to a good friend of mine who is still using an Athlon XP 2700+ for his gaming needs since he can't afford computer upgrades since he supports a wife and stepkid on only one income.

2. Phenom (Agena)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back