Newegg / [H]ardOCP AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. What would you do if you won an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU?
  2. What is the name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor?

1. I would build a pc but I would build it for my 7 year old sister that doesnt have a computer that is just starting to learn and see technology.

2. Phenom is the next generation AMD processors

1. I would build a new system to repace my speedy 2.53 P4 system which is 5 years old.
2. Phenom:eek:

1. ebay it and buy an Intel processor. start working on upgrading the new system. i need it to be faster so i can shop for upgrades at the fastest speed possible. then i'll upgrade my upgrades so i can browse newegg faster to upgrade those. eventually ill run some synthetic benchmarks and probably get upset when i don't top the scores of the lastest hardocp review of some hardware that isnt even out yet. so then ill keep planning and shopping for more upgrades. ...which i will probably replace with something faster before i even install. oh, and ill complain in the forums when I abuse and break whatever i buy or if i dont like the packaging.

if i find someone has a rig that idles faster then mine ill toss and turn in my sleep, then wake up and stand out in the ice cold rain at 5am praying that the next number the amd roadie calls is on my ticket, or of course one of the tickets of my six pissed off family members waiting in the car. when i win ill fail at unlocking the multipler the first time and rma the cpu as if i didn't hose it all up and scrub the evidence off. right, they tell me quite a few winners got bad ones.

don't mind the furnace of heat that is my glowing red case, and so what if that's frost building up on the inside. i know it's loud, but it passed all the burn in tools and calculated a new undiscovered digit of pie... now that its stable i can use it to shop newegg for more upgrades.

2. phenom

01. Clean up the mess I made when I found out I won, go to NewEgg and purchase all the other components I need for a new gaming rig, donate my old gaming system to a well deserving but less fortunate fellow gamer.

02. Phenom

1. I would give my 939 system to my best friend who desperately needs a new computer. It would definitely give me an excuse to go crazy and get a 8800GT 512 MB. I think I'd get a an asrock MB to play around with it and still keep my ddr 1 ram.

2. I think the new proc is phenom but I think the name will change sort of like when the Gamecube was originally called the dolphin.

1. Upgrade my gaming machine off of a socket 939, and get more Ram, Video card, HD-DVD/Blu-Ray drive, HDD's, etc.. My current rig would then become my Windows Home Server that would support the storage of recorded shows and playback of my growing HD-DVD and Blu-Ray movie collection.

By getting this it would allow me to purchase more upgrades for my systems: i.e. - a case, PSU, several gig's of RAM, lots of HDD's, a high end video card (or 2), HD-DVD/Blu-Ray drives, more licenses of XP and Windows Home Server, Monitors, along with lots of cabling..... ALL FROM NEWEGG, of course !!

2. Phenom :cool:

1) I would build another PC with a new AMD Videocard (maybe two). Need more horsepower for Crysis.

2)Phenom

1. Finally upgrade from my Athlon XP 2600+ and start playing TF2 at an average framerate that is better than my current 10-15.

2. Phenom

1. Post a hardware review for everyone to see, because i'd be so proud. Build a new computer, and use my old computer for a server so I can practice 3D rendering with my new workhorse.

2. Phenom

1) I'd give it to my brother after supplying the other parts from newegg so that he'd have a pc for school. Obviously I'd install folding at home on it first :)

2) Phenom

1. I would die. Then I would replace my desktop mobo that blew out 2 years ago. It would be great to be able to play games again!

2. Phenom.

1. I would probably whoop and hollar like a kid on christmas:eek:. And get rid of my 900mhz Duron laptop (or give it to an [H] community member. I'm a generous guy, my Intel build was given to my sis even though it kicked my 939 rig's butt) Also, if AM2+ boards will support the 5000+ then i'd get in line for one of those for sure!
  2. Phenom X4 = (Phenom+Phenom+Phenom+Phenom) :D

1) I would probably sell it on ebay, since I have a new core2duo system and I'm broke.
2) Phenom

1) Wear it as a belt buckle and proudly display it with pelvic thrusts
2) Phenom

1) What would you do if you won an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU?

I'd use it to search for the girl of my dreams. At 36, with the last girl informing me after 1 date that she wasn't looking for a boyfriend, pickins are getting slim and the situation grave. Hopefully the power of the latest AMD processor will get their attention, and then my self-confidence can win their love! *sigh*

2) What is the name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor?

Phenom

1. Hmm, I would go back to AMD as being my main PC and ditch my Intel CPU for now.
2. Phenom

Build a new home rig for my wife to play games and of course running Folding at Home.

Phenom

1. I'd take the processor and O/C it past 4 ghz to match the other guy that broke that limit!!
2. Phenom

1. Move from S939 to AM2+, paired with 790FX board & CrossfireX. MOve the S939 to the kids room to replace the SKT754. Donate the SKT754 to the needy.

2. Phenom (but drooling for Fusion):D

1. I'd create a new Windows home server to backup my workstation and HTPC.

2. Phenom

1.) My son's 3800+ X2 would be passed down to a retired / disabled friend and my son would have an updated computer to finish HS with.

2.) Phenom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back