Newegg Customer Service

wowcro

Limp Gawd
Anyone else notice that they became rude in the last year or so? Maybe I am reading this wrong however the last couple of interactions I had with them were awful. Not sure what is going on over there but the level of service I used to get two or three years ago is gone.

Seems that their level 1 customer support is now focused on getting you off the phone instead of working with you to solve your problem. Even in situations when newegg clearly screwed up...

Anyone else had similar interactions? Lately, I have been voting with my wallet and feeding my tech addition from other retailers.

Well i had my first bad run in with their shipping after almost 10 years of shopping. They shipped my ram in a UPS bubble bag and the ram came out of the packaging during shipping and was just laying loose in the VERY low padding bag.

Nope, they have been great to me. really good in fact. I got my Asrock B3 P67 (swap for b2) and it was bad... they offered me a full refund and I ordered the Asus P8P67. In the meantime the price dropped $10, they offered me a $10 gift card due to this. Overall Newegg has been outstanding to me. Then again, over the years I've tracked my order history and it totals over $35,000 in the last 10 years. I've built many PCs for people though so it's not all stuff that was mine per say. this might have something to do with it, but Neweggs customer service is still the best in the biz.

Maybe you just had a bad agent, be sure to use the survey you get at the end and report that. I'm sure newegg will take action if someone there isn't doing their job.

Huh...when did they start offering customer service over the phone? You always used to have to do it through their website forms or lately live chat.

I have not noticed anything terrible. I call in to RMA something, and within 5 minutes I am off the phone with a prepaid label as well. Great CS in my cases anyway.

Huh...when did they start offering customer service over the phone? You always used to have to do it through their website forms or lately live chat.

I've always called if I had an issue and have always been satisfied when I was done.
Last time we called was 2 months ago when we had to send back some bad ram, easier to do it over the phone since you can request a pre-paid label if the item is defective.

Must be that i'we had two or three bad eggs in the last month. I guess I am the only one.

They've been pretty bad to me lately.

Ordered an item with a rebate.

Didn't include the packing form required per rebate.

I call them, confirm the order number twice with the rep, they sent me the wrong packing form (for another purchase).

I call them again, They sent out the wrong packing infomation a second time.

So basically they failed to deliver it 3 separate times. I couldn't be any less satisfied with their service.

I'll be calling them today after work, if they don't credit me in cash for the rebate they prevented me from getting, or two times teh value in store credit**, I'll never order them again.

** = 2x value in store credit since I can take the money from the rebate anywhere. My local grocery store, gas station, etc. does not allow me to purchase goods with newegg credits.

They've been pretty bad to me lately.

Ordered an item with a rebate.

Didn't include the packing form required per rebate.

I call them, confirm the order number twice with the rep, they sent me the wrong packing form (for another purchase).

I call them again, They sent out the wrong packing infomation a second time.

So basically they failed to deliver it 3 separate times. I couldn't be any less satisfied with their service.

I'll be calling them today after work, if they don't credit me in cash for the rebate they prevented me from getting, or two times teh value in store credit**, I'll never order them again.

** = 2x value in store credit since I can take the money from the rebate anywhere. My local grocery store, gas station, etc. does not allow me to purchase goods with newegg credits.

Why didn't you print the invoice from your account @ newegg.com, or print the invoice they email you?

I had to call them once over last 15 years and was not too impressed with assistance I've received. They messed up product description and I did not receive what was idvertised. When I asked to return product, they refused to take it back.
I am still very happy with their selection, shipping times and prices (for the most part) but am not looking forward to calling their CS ever again.

I order alot from the egg.
I've so far had zero problems.

Very quick resolution of problems.

Only time I was less than satisfied was when they dropped the price of an item the day after I bought it by a BIG margin and would not give me the same deal.......small point and not their fault, but painful nonetheless.

hit and miss. Sometimes theyre ass's but aren't we all?

Sometimes right when I get to work at 8am (tired from playing snes til 2am yes snes.) Someone will come and ask me for help with something. I usually respond with "I can give you a dicked belittling answer now or you can come back when I'm more awake and I'll baby you like I give a shit about what you want."

Why didn't you print the invoice from your account @ newegg.com, or print the invoice they email you?

The rebate specifically requests the packing slip, not an invoice.

You and I both know how these rebate centers are. If they can jerk you around over a technicality to not give out the rebate, they will.

I just had to RMA a purchase I made a few days ago. No problems. Less than 5 minutes on echat and had my prepaid shipping label emailed to me.

Follow up to my above post.

They said they would ship out yet another packing slip, which would make it the 4th one. I advised them not to bother as it won't arrive in time to do the rebate. I asked for a refund/credit in place of the rebate. They declined. I spoke to a supervisor, he also declined to do anything about it, despite the fact they never furnished me with the documentation that only they have that is required for a successful rebate.

I've purchased all of my hardware at Newegg for the last 7 years, and have referred multiple people to them when I was doing their builds/repair work. Newegg just lost my business, and all of the people I do business with, since they trust my judgement in product and store selection. All for a lousy $10 rebate. I hope the loss of thousands of dollars in sales a year was worth that 10 bucks. I'm switching to Amazon, they are price competitive.

I've nothing but good things to say about Newegg customer service .That's half the reason I choose them. The other half is the prices. :)

No I'm not on their payroll just a happy customer.

Follow up to my above post.

They said they would ship out yet another packing slip, which would make it the 4th one. I advised them not to bother as it won't arrive in time to do the rebate. I asked for a refund/credit in place of the rebate. They declined. I spoke to a supervisor, he also declined to do anything about it, despite the fact they never furnished me with the documentation that only they have that is required for a successful rebate.

I've purchased all of my hardware at Newegg for the last 7 years, and have referred multiple people to them when I was doing their builds/repair work. Newegg just lost my business, and all of the people I do business with, since they trust my judgement in product and store selection. All for a lousy $10 rebate. I hope the loss of thousands of dollars in sales a year was worth that 10 bucks. I'm switching to Amazon, they are price competitive.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why didn't you just print out the invoice in your e-mail or that you can get right off of their website? I've sent in dozens of rebates and have never NEEDED a packing slip. It is always an option instead of a regular invoice, but a regular invoice will work.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why didn't you just print out the invoice in your e-mail or that you can get right off of their website? I've sent in dozens of rebates and have never NEEDED a packing slip. It is always an option instead of a regular invoice, but a regular invoice will work.

You and I both know how these rebate centers are. If they can jerk you around over a technicality to not give out the rebate, they will.

I was completely reasonable with them.

1) No packing slip when item arrived, no problem, just send me another one, crap happens.

2) Wrong packing slip sent despite me confirming the order # and item description (they sent the slip for a different order), no problem, mistakes happen, still time to do the rebate.

3) Completely wrong item sent despite me advising them I needed the packing slip multiple times (they sent the cover sheet of the rebate form...), with all the failures now the rebate period will lapse.

They failed 3 separate times to give me the documentation I needed to do the rebate. If they aren't furnishing the information I need to do the rebate to me, when they are the only party that can furnish it, and I purchased the item from them, then it's up to them to make things right. It wasn't lack of effort on my side, they just kept screwing up.

To make it worse the asshat supervisor was insulting my intelligence. He basically said that , "Well, newegg doesn't guarantee the rebates, that's up to the manufacturer", as if it was an excuse for the missing packing slip and failed attempts at delivery of a replacement. I advised him that if it got rejected when it was filled out properly then it's on the manufacturer, Newegg still has to provide me with the packing slip so I can actually complete the rebate forms. Then he pretty much flat out lied to me. He said, "We don't resend packing slips". Funny, the first person I contacted about it did send me a packing slip, it was just for the wrong item.

I advised him to look at my history, which he did, hundreds of orders over 7 years. All I was asking for was a credit (monetary) for the $10 rebate that they prevented me from filing for. Instead they chose to do nothing. They lost a customer that spends thousands of dollars a year at their business, over a 10 dollar screw up that was their fault and subsequently refused to fix.

If that's the type of customer service they have, they can go to hell, I'll take my business elsewhere.

Last edited:
Well i had my first bad run in with their shipping after almost 10 years of shopping. They shipped my ram in a UPS bubble bag and the ram came out of the packaging during shipping and was just laying loose in the VERY low padding bag.

Wow, I got mine like that too. I thought for sure it couldn't be the RAM. Luckily it didn't come out of it's package. That's not really how you ship a $100 item.

However, they have awesome customer service, but I've never talked to them on the phone, just their online chat. They bent over backwards to help me with every possible problem. Free shipping on RMAed motherboards and RAM. Gave me gift certificates for just about no reason. I love the egg. I'll just make sure I order RAM with other items now...

Try sending a letter to their corporate offices.

You explain the issue well, your request is reasonable.

16839 Gale Ave
City Of Industry, CA 91745-1816, United States
Phone: (626) 271-9700

I've never had a problem getting a refund based on their policy. Like most companies, they either go by their policy and occasionally do better by paying return shipping. Their support is good, but not better than others.

Amazon, for example, will let you return the item in pretty much any condition and still issue a full refund, even when their policy says otherwise. They will even pay for return shipping if you falsely claim the item is defective. Since they never test their defective items, the refund stays. I know this from selling on Amazon using fulfillment.

For the above reason, I always buy at Amazon for everything now. I have done many returns and I have never had a single problem getting a 100% refund (for items that are actually defective). Even if I am not satisfied with an item, they pay return shipping and give a full refund.

I was completely reasonable with them.

1) No packing slip when item arrived, no problem, just send me another one, crap happens.

2) Wrong packing slip sent despite me confirming the order # and item description (they sent the slip for a different order), no problem, mistakes happen, still time to do the rebate.

3) Completely wrong item sent despite me advising them I needed the packing slip multiple times (they sent the cover sheet of the rebate form...), with all the failures now the rebate period will lapse.

They failed 3 separate times to give me the documentation I needed to do the rebate. If they aren't furnishing the information I need to do the rebate to me, when they are the only party that can furnish it, and I purchased the item from them, then it's up to them to make things right. It wasn't lack of effort on my side, they just kept screwing up.

To make it worse the asshat supervisor was insulting my intelligence. He basically said that , "Well, newegg doesn't guarantee the rebates, that's up to the manufacturer", as if it was an excuse for the missing packing slip and failed attempts at delivery of a replacement. I advised him that if it got rejected when it was filled out properly then it's on the manufacturer, Newegg still has to provide me with the packing slip so I can actually complete the rebate forms. Then he pretty much flat out lied to me. He said, "We don't resend packing slips". Funny, the first person I contacted about it did send me a packing slip, it was just for the wrong item.

I advised him to look at my history, which he did, hundreds of orders over 7 years. All I was asking for was a credit (monetary) for the $10 rebate that they prevented me from filing for. Instead they chose to do nothing. They lost a customer that spends thousands of dollars a year at their business, over a 10 dollar screw up that was their fault and subsequently refused to fix.

If that's the type of customer service they have, they can go to hell, I'll take my business elsewhere.

OTOH, there was a reason you spent all that $ there, my guess is because it saved you lots of $ in those 7 years, so basically you're gonna stop dealing with them over $10, one bad experience, when it's not guaranteed that the next place will be any different...?

:confused:

OTOH, there was a reason you spent all that $ there, my guess is because it saved you lots of $ in those 7 years, so basically you're gonna stop dealing with them over $10, one bad experience, when it's not guaranteed that the next place will be any different...?

:confused:

I've honestly never had an issue with an order up until this point. So, I never had to contact their customer service for anything. The reason I went with them for these years is because they had a reputation for good service if the need arises. So the first time I need it... after 7 years, they treat me like total crap and lie to me over ten dollars. No thanks, I'll pass and take all of business of the people/companies I do work for with me. I'm not worried about losing the ten dollars, it's how they treated me over ten dollars that makes me want to no longer do business with them. If they are willing to jerk me around for ten dollars, what if something bigger comes down the line? They failed the litmus test, and I'm glad it was only for ten dollars.

Honestly, if a client of mine came to me after 7 years of continued business and expressed something that he felt wasn't right, even if the details were a bit sketchy, and all he wanted was ten dollars to make it right, I'd give it to him without any fuss at all to keep a strong business relation intact.

I'm aware the next place might not be any better, but I don't have anything to lose, they can't be any worse either. I'm going to try switching over to Amazon. Amazon has a good reputation as well, and are price competative. However, time will tell (hopefully, not too soon, ha) if they live up to it.

Last edited:
I've honestly never had an issue with an order up until this point. So, I never had to contact their customer service for anything. The reason I went with them for these years is because they had a reputation for good service if the need arises. So the first time I need it... after 7 years, they treat me like total crap and lie to me over ten dollars. No thanks, I'll pass and take all of business of the people/companies I do work for with me. I'm not worried about losing the ten dollars, it's how they treated me over ten dollars that makes me want to no longer do business with them. If they are willing to jerk me around for ten dollars, what if something bigger comes down the line? They failed the litmus test, and I'm glad it was only for ten dollars.

Honestly, if a client of mine came to me after 7 years of continued business and expressed something that he felt wasn't right, even if the details were a bit sketchy, and all he wanted was ten dollars to make it right, I'd give it to him without any fuss at all to keep a strong business relation intact.

I'm aware the next place might not be any better, but I don't have anything to lose, they can't be any worse either. I'm going to try switching over to Amazon. Amazon has a good reputation as well, and are price competative. However, time will tell (hopefully, not too soon, ha) if they live up to it.

good luck, but I personally am always wary of "the grass is always greener" moves in my professional and personal life, it's been my experience that more times than not it isn't, and people will lie out their ass to make it seem like it is when asked because they just don't want to admit they made a mistake...

again, good luck though...

I had two interactions with their customer service last month and both were very pleasant and helpful. I rated them Eggcelent! Of course I was pleasant with them to start though. That goes a long way.

I've liked amazon so far fir CSR issues. They have refunded me money several times when I just wanted to bring up what was wrong and did not need a refund...like during Christmas I ordered some scented bath salt for my mom, and the jar was completely open and all out of the box...All I did was dump about 98% of it back into the jar from the box, the rest I had to vacuum. I just wanted to let them know what happened and suggested a plastic sealer, and no refund was required, and they gave me one anyway.

I tried to price match a black Friday item with Neweggs supposed "Iron Egg Guarantee"! Was missing the Iron and the Guarantee when dealing with it lol, just the egg! Ordered a HAF 932 from newegg, like a day later Fry's had it like $60 cheaper then neweggs cheap price, and included a free awesome cpu cooler, best they would do was give me a $25 gift card, after 10 emails complaining about the iron egg guarantee.

I do shop at the egg considerably less now too. Prices are higher since they keep expanding(and failing) business to household items and random other junk so I'm not missing out on much anymore...I'll also add, my initial conversations I was quit pleasant and nice, but it did go down hill. Should have just cancelled the order after not hearing from them for 30 hours mid week, and ordered from fry's. Will know for next time something like this happens...

I've started shopping from amazon much more frequently now. Yes, they have a terrible browsing system, but I've fallen in love with their shipping and customer service.

I've always had good CS at the egg. Bought some RAM a few weeks ago and then it went onsale a week later, plus it had a big discount coupon. Difference was $45, chatted online with CSR at the egg explained situation and they gave me a $45 gift card.

Amazon is great as well. Ordered a kegerator from Amazon, the CO2 tank leaked, called Amazon they said send back the kegerator, told them wanted to keep it just needed a new tank. No questions asked they told me to pick a replacement out on the website at their expense and they would ship it free. Ended up with a 5lb tank versus the 2.5lb tank. Great service!

I've ordered a lot from the Egg and had exactly one item I had to return. They promptly sent out a replacement and refunded my shipping.

I've had pretty good interactions with them the last few times I've had to deal with them.

canna, I call shens.

Show us the rebate that says it requires the packing slip and not the invoice..

That's unfortunate to hear canna.

My order came from NewEgg yesterday and the packaging slip inside was for someone who lives approximately 50 miles from my address. Not sure how they messed that up, although we both share the same first name. Luckily I don't have to deal with any rebates on this order.

If the item has a rebate, I simply move on. I've learned from all of your mistakes regarding Mail In Rebates and don't even bother with them.

Also, why get bent over $10.... I'm sure Newegg doesn't give a shit. $10 isn't worth my time or effort to cut out the UPC, find an envelope, fill out paperwork, buy stamps and send via snail-mail, then wait for 3-6 months in hopes of receiving a prepaid credit card for a lousy $10. No thanks, my time is worth WAY more than that.

had ran in trouble with dead 1155 mobo, got online chatted and withing minutes i had RMA and prepaid UPS in my email. i do agree with main in rebate, i never bother with them as they are the worst kind of option for selling things, they'll be same price without rebate after month or so.

If the item has a rebate, I simply move on. I've learned from all of your mistakes regarding Mail In Rebates and don't even bother with them.

Also, why get bent over $10.... I'm sure Newegg doesn't give a shit. $10 isn't worth my time or effort to cut out the UPC, find an envelope, fill out paperwork, buy stamps and send via snail-mail, then wait for 3-6 months in hopes of receiving a prepaid credit card for a lousy $10. No thanks, my time is worth WAY more than that.

I'm not worried about losing the ten dollars, it's how they treated me over ten dollars that makes me want to no longer do business with them. If they are willing to jerk me around for ten dollars, what if something bigger comes down the line? They failed the litmus test, and I'm glad it was only for ten dollars.

That's unfortunate to hear canna.

My order came from NewEgg yesterday and the packaging slip inside was for someone who lives approximately 50 miles from my address. Not sure how they messed that up, although we both share the same first name. Luckily I don't have to deal with any rebates on this order.

I think I still have the letter with envelopes they sent me as well as the rebate form. I can take a picture and post them if you really think I'm pulling your leg.

I'm aware the next place might not be any better, but I don't have anything to lose, they can't be any worse either.

Hehe... I'm betting there are plenty of people who can tell you their experiences from online retailers who would disagree with that comment. :p

*This post isn't a pro or con for newegg*

Back