Newegg Customer Service

Yea newegg hasn't been improving at all lately. Past few packages from there were poorly packaged. I need to start shopping at other places.

meh, as long as I still get good prices I'll shop there, AND Amazon, AND Buy.com, shit, give me what I want for the cheapest price and you have my business...

there's no loyalty in this shit...

meh, as long as I still get good prices I'll shop there, AND Amazon, AND Buy.com, shit, give me what I want for the cheapest price and you have my business...

there's no loyalty in this shit...

QFT.
I shop at the egg still, but sometimes go elsewhere if the free shipping is not there. I've had Amazon also ship items in padded envelopes for small items. Never tried PC components from them though. Those padded envelopes piss me off due to their shipping time. DHL hand off to USPS for me and it can take up to a week. For a component that goes from Cali to Oregon, it goes from Cali, to washington, then back to Oregon. Retarded.

QFT.
I shop at the egg still, but sometimes go elsewhere if the free shipping is not there. I've had Amazon also ship items in padded envelopes for small items. Never tried PC components from them though. Those padded envelopes piss me off due to their shipping time. DHL hand off to USPS for me and it can take up to a week. For a component that goes from Cali to Oregon, it goes from Cali, to washington, then back to Oregon. Retarded.

lol, I tracked one package from Newegg and it went from a warehouse in NJ, to California, then back to me in VIRGINIA, yes, VIRGINIA...the tracking showed that it was still in the warehouse in NJ where the origin scan was 5 days after I had ordered it (2-3 day shipping lol), I emailed them and they gave me the procedure for a lost package, the next day the tracking was updated, I was not pleased and let them know this, but I still use them, this is the email I sent them that day...

"no it hasn't been lost, it was flown all the way to the other side of the country, this is unacceptable, a week later and my package, shipped (2-3 day shipping) from New Jersey, is in California for some God forsaken reason..."

:confused:

Last edited:
One of newegg's customer service reps (Melanie) gave me herpes. I don't like their customer service now, you can't just wash this stuff off man, even with some sand paper, I tried. Just doesn't work like that. Their customer service and I used to be pretty cool up until that point in my life though, they were always great and treated me like the pimp I am. Good people...other than Melanie.

QFT.

I noticed that they changed their shipping to DHL (the worst!). I live in Las Vegas, I've always received my items (by ground) the next day - this is common with most SoCal stores. I just ordered some stuff on Monday, it's now Thursday night and my item *still* says it's sitting in Carson, CA. It's been there since the 17th.

DHL is the absolute worst carrier ... I've only had about 5 items handled by them, 2 of which have had serious problems. One time I sat at their terminal waiting for a package that was 4 hours late (Birthday gift for GF) coming in, the shear amount of people coming in to complain was amazing, they practically needed a numbering system.

I noticed that they changed their shipping to DHL (the worst!). I live in Las Vegas, I've always received my items (by ground) the next day - this is common with most SoCal stores. I just ordered some stuff on Monday, it's now Thursday night and my item *still* says it's sitting in Carson, CA. It's been there since the 17th.

DHL is the absolute worst carrier ... I've only had about 5 items handled by them, 2 of which have had serious problems. One time I sat at their terminal waiting for a package that was 4 hours late (Birthday gift for GF) coming in, the shear amount of people coming in to complain was amazing, they practically needed a numbering system.

I always get my stuff delivered by UPS, is the carrier based on region...?

I always get my stuff delivered by UPS, is the carrier based on region...?

I think a lot of is based on size/cost-to-them. Usually mine comes UPS. I ordered a small spindle of DVD-DL discs, so it'd be coming in a small package (under 1lb).

And for the reference, my package is still sitting in Carson, CA according to the tracker. Gonna check the mailbox to see if maybe it was handed off to USPS (which doesn't update their antique tracker system).

I've been buying from New Egg for the last 10+ years...both personal and business. It's been rare that I've had to deal with their customer service but I always get decent if not very good service. However, because they're a simple reseller maybe I just expect a certain level of service vs a company like IBM or HP. But still...I don't believe I've ever been left without.

I've been buying from Newegg for 5 years now, and haven't had a single bad issue with them.

They were extremely proactive when the Sandy Bridge chip recall occured, and they handled my Sandy Bridge RMA swiftly, even after it was 2 weeks past their 90 day return policy. They really do realize that customers would rather deal with Newegg's customer service, rather than the manufacturer's, so they make every effort to do so.

Using DHL with hand over to USPS is just crap. I have been waiting now 18 days for some stuff. My package was sitting with DHL in north florida for 4 days and now is in my home town with usps for 6 more. The price was not that good to deal with an 18 day wait.

Thats interesting, that you have been waiting for 18 days. I am in the middle east, am in the military, ordered RAM twice from Newegg and got both in under 14 days. Throw in that the military had to not only receive it from shipping company but then had to wait for our unit mail handlers. I still got both orders in under 14 days.

I have been ordering from Newegg for just over 10 years. I havent had any major issues with them, CS has always been helpful and I rarely order from anywhere else just to avoid issues with CS from another provider. I also love Neweggs website for finding just the right parts. So easy to navigate, find exactly what I am looking for and not have to wade through hundreds of other parts that are close, but not the exact specs.

lol, I tracked one package from Newegg and it went from a warehouse in NJ, to California, then back to me in VIRGINIA, yes, VIRGINIA...the tracking showed that it was still in the warehouse in NJ where the origin scan was 5 days after I had ordered it (2-3 day shipping lol), I emailed them and they gave me the procedure for a lost package, the next day the tracking was updated, I was not pleased and let them know this, but I still use them, this is the email I sent them that day...

"no it hasn't been lost, it was flown all the way to the other side of the country, this is unacceptable, a week later and my package, shipped (2-3 day shipping) from New Jersey, is in California for some God forsaken reason..."

:confused:

If you are using neweggs tracking it is usually wrong when it says that. I had a package say it went to NY, then Florida, then Oregon and then delivered to utah all in 3 days. But if I went to ups with the actual tracking number it didn't say any of that.

Newegg's customer service has been good to me, but packaging isn't that great. It's random if I will get a packing slip or not and I don't like how the put the item in the bottom of the box and then put peanuts over it, meaning all they have to do is hit the bottom and item gets a hard hit.

If you are using neweggs tracking it is usually wrong when it says that. I had a package say it went to NY, then Florida, then Oregon and then delivered to utah all in 3 days. But if I went to ups with the actual tracking number it didn't say any of that.

Newegg's customer service has been good to me, but packaging isn't that great. It's random if I will get a packing slip or not and I don't like how the put the item in the bottom of the box and then put peanuts over it, meaning all they have to do is hit the bottom and item gets a hard hit.

what "Newegg tracking"...? the only tracking info I've ever received are links to UPS tracking, also, I didn't receive it in 3 days, it took almost 2 weeks from NJ to VA, 12 days IIRC, so I definitely believe every stop that was listed on the UPS tracking...

what "Newegg tracking"...? the only tracking info I've ever received are links to UPS tracking, also, I didn't receive it in 3 days, it took almost 2 weeks from NJ to VA, 12 days IIRC, so I definitely believe every stop that was listed on the UPS tracking...

This is newegg tracking:
http://www.newegg.com/Info/TrackOrder.aspx?TrackingNumber=1ZX799330350278671

This is ups tracking:
http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/...umber1=1ZX799330350278671&track.x=0&track.y=0

Newegg's is usually correct but I have seen it do crazy stuff like I said before. I'm guessing they just pull the info from ups or who ever but sometimes it gets messed up like in my case that I had a while back.

it's contract between newegg and UPS, as a part the system of UPS is automatically integrated into newegg's website and as soon as something is scanned somewhere on any UPS warehouse, it is updated on UPS database and also on newegg's site/your order tracking number.

i only had one problem with them on my last build it took UPS (not newegg) to deliver over week and half as UPS didn't stop by my house at all and told me no one was at home (while i was) most of the time it's UPS as it does suck on some intend as all other business since nothing is perfect.

This is newegg tracking:
http://www.newegg.com/Info/TrackOrder.aspx?TrackingNumber=1ZX799330350278671

This is ups tracking:
http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/...umber1=1ZX799330350278671&track.x=0&track.y=0

Newegg's is usually correct but I have seen it do crazy stuff like I said before. I'm guessing they just pull the info from ups or who ever but sometimes it gets messed up like in my case that I had a while back.

wait, come to think of it I have seen that, but that was many moons ago, I haven't seen it recently, I usually click on the tracking link now and takes me to UPS tracking...

Always been good to me. RMA'd an unstable AM3 UD7 board, they 2nd Day'd a replacement to me. RMA'd a C300 SSD and they got that to me quickly as well.

Also, I have not had any of the common "crappy hd shipping" or "busted case in mail" problems in the last 30 or so builds I've done buying parts from them.

This is a complaint about their packaging methods and not CS. I'm irked that they cheapened the packaging for a near $200 product. My order was a single M4 128 SSD.
It was packaged in a manila padded envelope. Unfortunately there was no additional shipping filler (air packets, peanuts, etc.) to prevent the item from being squished. So I got my drive and the Crucial box and plastic tray holding the drive was all flattened to smithereens. Basically questionable if you tried to resell this as new to someone else (though the drive itself is sealed).
Hopefully the drive works, haven't used it yet.
Other times, they use ridiculous amounts of packaging for like a $15 small item. Inconsistent packaging!

Back in the day, Newegg was the cheapest by far. With great service and great prices. I've lately found this to not be the case.

Prices have gone up on their end to where Amazon and other vendors are better priced. And the removal of free shipping (and a general jacking up of shipping prices) have really reduced the value.

Additional the RMA process has become more tedious. I've put nearly $30000 through them over the years and I recently cut off the relation with them. Notably due to the poor handling of a few situation by their customer service department.

I like newegg, they just credited me $10 because my ram dropped $10 they day I got it.

They only thing I wish they would improve on is the packaging department. Sometimes I get a packing slip sometimes I don't. If I buy only ram it always comes in a bubble mailer which I don't think is good packaging for memory.

I've had a so so time with the egg lately.

I have more of a problem these days with their really really really really shitty packing job they do. They put the smallest of items in these giant boxes only half filled with packing material.

Oh, and I was hit by one of their price drop bombs too. I ordered a case. a few hours later noticed the same case was $30 cheaper. They didn't match the price for my order that hadn't even shipped yet. I should have just refused delivery to get my money back and reordered at the lower price.

Certainly not the same service as in the past.

Back in the day, Newegg was the cheapest by far. With great service and great prices. I've lately found this to not be the case.

Prices have gone up on their end to where Amazon and other vendors are better priced. And the removal of free shipping (and a general jacking up of shipping prices) have really reduced the value.

Additional the RMA process has become more tedious. I've put nearly $30000 through them over the years and I recently cut off the relation with them. Notably due to the poor handling of a few situation by their customer service department.

heh, that's weird, I almost buy exclusively from Newegg, and not out of loyalty, it's only because they almost always have the best price for what I'm looking for...

I'm bumping this.

Can someone help me understand why there's a restocking fee when the return policy for said item does not specify?

becausae if everyone returned stuff on the bases of changed mind, the whole newegg stock would be filled with used items. Then, Newegg would turn in to a Fry's, and nobody would want that.

becausae if everyone returned stuff on the bases of changed mind, the whole newegg stock would be filled with used items. Then, Newegg would turn in to a Fry's, and nobody would want that.

You're missing the mark here. They have a specific VGA Return Policy which applies to video cards. it even lists what return policy each item has on the product page.

If you wanted to charge people a restocking fee, put it on the fucking policy.

I bought a product that I was not satisfied with, why should I have to cover their losses? That's why there is a return policy.

That's also why some of Newegg's policies specifically state there is a restocking fee.

I always check for the stated restocking fee when buying or before returning an item. There is not one stated for the VGA Return Policy, hence the issue. Here look for yourself.

http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/ReturnPolicy.aspx#30

Yeah, newegg customer service..... I'm too tired of explaining my story to repeat it all here, but basically 3 customer service agents told me that I would get a refund. The 4th agent told me that my refund had been declined, but if I placed another order they would give me the refund then if I emailed someone named Sophie Wang. Oh and agent #4 left the chat while I was still asking questions.

After two very sour RMA experiences with NewEgg I am almost at an end with them too.

First they almost refused to refund me a $250 RMA, accused me of intentionally returning the wrong item, only for them to eat crow and double check the return package two weeks later to find that I did indeed ship the correct item back. Even after they 'fixed' the mistake it took them almost two more weeks to actually refund me.

Then they shipped me a used Antec 380D. Yeah, used. With an RMA label and everything on it. They eventually fixed that but it was like pulling teeth getting an answer from them about anything.

Pretty much comes down to if I have a product that I have a problem with I can't even depend on NewEgg's CS and RMA process. Recently I ordered parts for my wife's desktop rig and an HTPC...NewEgg got the order for the DVD drives and one motherboard (and only because NewEgg was the only vendor that had the one I wanted). Everything else came from Microcenter, Best Buy (yes, you heard me), Amazon, and FrozenCPU.

Yes, NewEgg has been very rude in the last six months to me. Completely different company than they used to be.

If they had treated me like they did you, Canna, I might have said the item you ordered was defective, gotten a pre-paid shipping label and sent them a fresh box of what my dog had done that morning in the yard. Of course, not sure what kind of legal ramifications that would have and they do have your billing info they might charge for cleaning and removal, but if you're truly done with them, it would be entertaining.

PRO TIP! Make a fuss on their facebook page. You will get results. They had been promising to issue my refund for 3 weeks before the 4th agent that I talked to today told me that I wasn't going to get it unless I placed another order. So I whined about it on their facebook page. They immediately gave me an email to contact, which I did. Within an hour I received an invoice for the refund and someone called me personally to make sure that things had been resolved. He also gave me his personal email address so I could contact him if needed. Now there is some good customer service. It's a shame that I had to go through so much crap to get it.

Maybe I don't know the full circumstances of your experience, but what you describe sounds a lot like extortion to me. NewEgg wouldn't give you a refund you were rightfully owed unless you gave them another order?

PRO TIP! Make a fuss on their facebook page. You will get results. They had been promising to issue my refund for 3 weeks before the 4th agent that I talked to today told me that I wasn't going to get it unless I placed another order. So I whined about it on their facebook page. They immediately gave me an email to contact, which I did. Within an hour I received an invoice for the refund and someone called me personally to make sure that things had been resolved. He also gave me his personal email address so I could contact him if needed. Now there is some good customer service. It's a shame that I had to go through so much crap to get it.

I'm not making a facebook account just to complain about their bullshit. It's not something we should stand for. I'm tired of this "like us on facebook, join us on facebook" shit.

How about treating your customer like they deserve in the first place. I shouldn't have to go through hoops to get results.

Maybe I don't know the full circumstances of your experience, but what you describe sounds a lot like extortion to me. NewEgg wouldn't give you a refund you were rightfully owed unless you gave them another order?

The short of it was I wanted to use 2 coupons (discount and free shipping), which they don't normally allow, but the first customer service rep told me to place my order with one coupon and then contact them again and they would refund me for the second coupon. I placed my order and then contacted them, they said it was against their normal policy but they would make an exception and issue a refund as soon as I order had shipped. I waited a while and didn't get a refund so I contacted them again (even though the 2nd person told me that I wouldn't need to take further steps). The third Rep again told me that it was against normal policy but they would make an exception and she had issued the refund and I would get it in 3-5 business days. 10 business days later I had not received a refund, so I contacted them a 4th time. Rep #4 told me that their refund team had declined the refund and I couldn't get a refund unless I placed another order and then emailed Sophie Wang and she would supposedly refund me. I was typing another question when she left the chat.

So it comes down to whether I was actually owed a refund. They told me before my order that I would get one. Then they told me twice more that I would get one. The third rep actually said that the refund had been issued. Rep #4 was a jerk, but again, things have since been taken care of.

I called in for a Price Match. Purchased a printer and 3 days later the price dropped...I called in to ask for a PA and was told that their prices are in real time and they dont do Price Adjustmnets.

F@%%#@ wont be buying from them anymore!! Thats one disadvantge of buying from an online etailer..

I have had to cancel 2 orders recently due to ridiculously extended "processing times' despite paying for expedited processing and overnight shipping, last order was still waiting at the processing stage after 6 days, with calls made by me daily after the second day.

I used to love ordering from them but it has just gotten pathetic lately, so no you are not alone..

I like newegg, they just credited me $10 because my ram dropped $10 they day I got it.

They only thing I wish they would improve on is the packaging department. Sometimes I get a packing slip sometimes I don't. If I buy only ram it always comes in a bubble mailer which I don't think is good packaging for memory.

how is that possible? they dont do PA at:confused: all... I bought a PSU and next day price fell by $5, they didnt do any PA for me.

I haven't had anything gone bad recently except a good 2 years ago.

Bought an ASUS 9600GT TOP Silent HS version

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121244

they sent me the version with a HSF which I thought was retarted.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121229

Brought up the chat and they refused to send me the one with the silent hs, instead they said they will use the credit from the one I have and only pay the difference which waslike $20. Wasn't my fault they sent me the wrong item when the order receipt clearly stated that it was the other version and not the one I had.

how is that possible? they dont do PA at:confused: all... I bought a PSU and next day price fell by $5, they didnt do any PA for me.

IMO, I think they've gotten better. Just recently, I asked nicely for a partial refund on some ram I bought (they dropped the price after I bought it), she said sure thing and gave me a refund ($9).

Back